2023 GCYL League Discussion

I don’t want to speak for him and not that this answers the question, but for me, no. I think age is the biggest concern for me.

Just curious. I'm not involved in football but know a 6'2", 270# 7th grader (not held back) and he plays football. Was curious if there was a limit to what was "acceptable."

Just curious. I'm not involved in football but know a 6'2", 270# 7th grader (not held back) and he plays football. Was curious if there was a limit to what was "acceptable."
After the football season someone needs to get that kid onto a wrestling mat, it will help his football immensely. Just ask Luke Fickell.

In 2021 the current Visi 8th graders were the Reserve Champions as 6th graders. Yesterday these same kids lost to SMOY 38-0. Something is going on.

In 6th grade #45 was the baddest dude in the league, along with 3 pretty good players. That usually equals domination. Now 45 is the biggest kid, but not as fast. And the Visi coaches do and did nothing to be better. They thought they could just give 45 the ball and win. Play a 5 man front vs the spread with 45 at nose and win. Hubris is a bastard.

In 2021 the current Visi 8th graders were the Reserve Champions as 6th graders. Yesterday these same kids lost to SMOY 38-0. Something is going on.
What do you mean by "Something going on?"

SMOY dominated in every aspect of the game. The Silverbacks had 40+ players and were bigger faster and stronger at nearly every position. Visi was overmatched across the board.

Last edited:
In 6th grade #45 was the baddest dude in the league, along with 3 pretty good players. That usually equals domination. Now 45 is the biggest kid, but not as fast. And the Visi coaches do and did nothing to be better. They thought they could just give 45 the ball and win. Play a 5 man front vs the spread with 45 at nose and win. Hubris is a bastard.
Since you seem to be in the know, can you answer this question for me. How many of the kids on SMOY’s team were on that team in the 6th grade. I can tell you Visi had 3 kids who were not playing football in the 6th grade but had attended the school all 8 years. If going out and getting new players is what you mean by the Visi coaches do and did nothing to get better then you are part of the problem. I’m not saying they cheated, it is all within the “rules” as they are written. But we are talking about grade school football. And 45 is not the biggest kid on Visi’s team never played nose and was injured with about 3 minutes to go in the first half when it was 8-0

Both schools have had transfer kids from Lebanon, Loveland, Mason and Kings.
Like I said before, seen this happen with basketball and volleyball in the GCCYS. What was once college, trickled to HS, trickled to Jr HS. Sad.
With all do respect to the trollers on this chat topic I would leave it alone. There isn't anyone in the league that will even bring up the topic to challenge the BS that goes on especially with that program and the number of new players added to their roster. Call it sour grapes call it what ever you want visitation or anyone else don't have the kahunas to make change nor will the leaders allow you too even know they have in the past.

With all do respect to the trollers on this chat topic I would leave it alone. There isn't anyone in the league that will even bring up the topic to challenge the BS that goes on especially with that program and the number of new players added to their roster. Call it sour grapes call it what ever you want visitation or anyone else don't have the kahunas to make change nor will the leaders allow you too even know they have in the past.
Clarification was/is needed, especially those in denial. No rules are/were violated; they just have figured out how to circumvent those in place. And with family at both schools, I find it flat out embarrassing that this is what happens. Like I said the trickle down is awful.

Clarification was/is needed, especially those in denial. No rules are/were violated; they just have figured out how to circumvent those in place. And with family at both schools, I find it flat out embarrassing that this is what happens. Like I said the trickle down is awful.

Sounds like SMOY is doing exactly what Mike’s has been for years with the influx of public school kids. Even more concerning is how many are likely repeating 8th grade. It’s clear the league won’t do anything about it. The west side schools should think about breaking off and bring IHM and GA with them. From what I understand they aren’t happy either with what’s going on.

Last edited: