2023 Bengals

Burrow’s calf didn’t seem to be an issue today. Was able to step up in the pocket and complete deep throws. Even took off and ran for a first down at one point.
I’m not entirely sure it was issueless, he had a number of throws in the intermediate and longer ranges where he was pretty far off. The one to Boyd that was nearly intercepted comes to mind.

But yes he looked much much more like vintage Joe

I’m not entirely sure it was issueless, he had a number of throws in the intermediate and longer ranges where he was pretty far off. The one to Boyd that was nearly intercepted comes to mind.

But yes he looked much much more like vintage Joe

The one to Boyd looked like miscommunication in the route. It seemed like he expected Boyd to stop and turn, rather than continuing to the sideline.

Big w for the Bengals and signs of Burrow looking like a healthy Burrow.

I think the Bengals just won a ‘must win’ game and next week will face another ‘must win’ game when they host Seattle who is coming off their bye week. From week 8 thru 13, going 3-3 will be difficult task which I believe makes wk 6 vs Seattle a must game.

Week 6 vs Seattle 1:00pm
Week 7 Bye
Week 8 @ SF 4:25pm
Week 9 vs Bills 8:20pm
Week 10 vs Houston 1:00pm
Week 11 @ Baltimore 8:15pm
Week 12 vs Steelers 1:00pm
Week 13 @ Jags 8:15pm
Week 14 vs Colts 1:00pm
Week 15 vs Vikings 1:00pm
Week 16 @ Steelers 4:30pm
Week 17 @ KC. 4:25pm
Week 18 vs Cleveland. Tbd

Also, extend Trenton Irwin now.

Boyd and Higgins are both in contract years. You’re losing at least one of them, and Irwin delivers whenever given the chance.
Irwin has been on the practice squad off and on the last several years any team in the NFL could have claimed him and put him on their roster, but nobody did. How are Uzohmah and Hurst doing? It is all about Burrow, give him an Oline that keeps him upright and a TE and the Bengals will score plenty of points. Again look at KC, got rid of Hill and not missing a beat.

Big w for the Bengals and signs of Burrow looking like a healthy Burrow.

I think the Bengals just won a ‘must win’ game and next week will face another ‘must win’ game when they host Seattle who is coming off their bye week. From week 8 thru 13, going 3-3 will be difficult task which I believe makes wk 6 vs Seattle a must game.

Week 6 vs Seattle 1:00pm
Week 7 Bye
Week 8 @ SF 4:25pm
Week 9 vs Bills 8:20pm
Week 10 vs Houston 1:00pm
Week 11 @ Baltimore 8:15pm
Week 12 vs Steelers 1:00pm
Week 13 @ Jags 8:15pm
Week 14 vs Colts 1:00pm
Week 15 vs Vikings 1:00pm
Week 16 @ Steelers 4:30pm
Week 17 @ KC. 4:25pm
Week 18 vs Cleveland. Tbd

Gotta go 6-1 at worst at home and win @Steelers and one other road game.

Tall task.

Irwin has been on the practice squad off and on the last several years any team in the NFL could have claimed him and put him on their roster, but nobody did. How are Uzohmah and Hurst doing? It is all about Burrow, give him an Oline that keeps him upright and a TE and the Bengals will score plenty of points. Again look at KC, got rid of Hill and not missing a beat.

I wouldn’t go that far. Even Mahomes is struggling this year with the lack of a quality receiving core.

Irwin is proven and you may lose two of your top 3 guys. He’s worth a modest 2yr extension while you rebuild the WR room. He’s also a great punt returner.

I’d give him a two year deal rather than another 1yr extension.

I wouldn’t go that far. Even Mahomes is struggling this year with the lack of a quality receiving core.

Irwin is proven and you may lose two of your top 3 guys. He’s worth a modest 2yr extension while you rebuild the WR room. He’s also a great punt returner.

I’d give him a two year deal rather than another 1yr extension.
Not sure why anyone would give Boyd big money for hasn't really done a lot this year or last. Bengals do need a good TE and get rid of Pollack. I look for the guy from Princeton to start racking up some receptions.

Just head scratching he goes so far from this gameplan from time to time. I know opponent, game situations, etc matter but sometimes it seems like he forgets that he is capable of doing this.
With Burrow being limited due to injury the game plan has been very limited. Personally, I wish Burrow had not been playing but that is water under the bridge now. Hopefully Battle can replace Scott at safety, Scott has been less than impressive.

With Burrow being limited due to injury the game plan has been very limited. Personally, I wish Burrow had not been playing but that is water under the bridge now. Hopefully Battle can replace Scott at safety, Scott has been less than impressive.
Agreed completely on Scott. But rewatch the TD for Arizona when they cut the lead to 24-20, just downright awful effort by Battle at the FS position, probably should have been benched for a series or so it was so bad. He could have easily prevented a touchdown.

But overall, definitely the better option.

1696868989377.png

Agreed completely on Scott. But rewatch the TD for Arizona when they cut the lead to 24-20, just downright awful effort by Battle at the FS position, probably should have been benched for a series or so it was so bad. He could have easily prevented a touchdown.

But overall, definitely the better option.
Tackling has been bad overall for the defense maybe will get better as the year goes on and maybe just maybe some of the starters should play some preseason football.

Goodbye Tyler Boyd. He's 28 and on the downside of his career. He is a luxury as a WR3. No reason to spend big money on him. Higgins on the other hand is 24 and at the top of his game. An issue for him will be whether he is content in being a WR2. If so, I suspect Burrow will help by reworking his contract to keep him around.

Defense definitely needs to clean up its tackling, but I also don’t want to ignore the 3 sacks and 3 forced turnovers. Only gave up 6 points in the second half.