2023 Bengals

I’d say Burrow is plenty mobile. He’s not Lamar but he’s far from Brady too.

Also, if you look at the stats, your most mobile QBs also tend to be the most sacked too because they get sacked trying to extend plays.
Being sarcastic about Burrow I am a true believer as your line goes so goes the team with a healthy Burrow being an exception.

Burrow needs to sit before he gets seriously injured.

Last edited:
All the talk still about Burrow Calf Strain! This Teams O Line and D Line are the problem. They Both have been awful this yr with the exception of last week when the D Line played well against a few backups. 1 of those Backups the opposing Coach simply refused to help out against Hendrickson.

Last couple of rapistburgers seasons steelers fans saw the extremely short and quick pass game the Bengals are implementing to protect burrow.
Stiller did it because BR could.not throw and the OL sucked.

Its not sustainable winning Get JB outta there....it won't get better without rest.

This team might be toast. The talent won’t be able to overcome the poor offensive coaching for a third consecutive year. Injuries will set in, the Bengals will crash to a 9-8 record and miss the crowded AFC playoffs, and major soul-searching will be needed.
Repeating from my thoughts after Week 1.

The offensive coaching is straight-up diarrhea and now the team is down Tee Higgins, Charlie Jones and possibly Cam Taylor-Britt. And Burrow seems as banged-up and impotent as ever.

Arizona and Seattle have to be licking their chops seeing this tomato can on their schedule the next couple of weeks.

This team is playing as badly as even the worst 1990s whipping-boy Bengals teams.

From USA Today:

It’s time to shut down Joe Burrow for a bit​

The highest-paid player in NFL history is not the sole reason the Bengals have fumbled to a 1-3 start. But the team’s limitations in crafting an offensive scheme to account for his injured right calf is. The Bengals scored just three points in a loss Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, marking the second time in four weeks that Cincy has scored only a field goal in a defeat.

Perhaps Burrow’s injury is such that it compromises his footwork, making the downfield passing game nonviable. But just one of Burrow’s 20 completions was caught 10 or more yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Only four of his 30 attempts were thrown 10 or more yards beyond the line of scrimmage. The Bengals rank dead last in the NFL in yards per play (4.0) and passing yards per attempt (4.36). As a result, the offense is putting far too much pressure on the defense and frustrations are setting in.

From USA Today:

It’s time to shut down Joe Burrow for a bit​

The highest-paid player in NFL history is not the sole reason the Bengals have fumbled to a 1-3 start. But the team’s limitations in crafting an offensive scheme to account for his injured right calf is. The Bengals scored just three points in a loss Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, marking the second time in four weeks that Cincy has scored only a field goal in a defeat.

Perhaps Burrow’s injury is such that it compromises his footwork, making the downfield passing game nonviable. But just one of Burrow’s 20 completions was caught 10 or more yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Only four of his 30 attempts were thrown 10 or more yards beyond the line of scrimmage. The Bengals rank dead last in the NFL in yards per play (4.0) and passing yards per attempt (4.36). As a result, the offense is putting far too much pressure on the defense and frustrations are setting in.
If the Bengals are last in yds per play and per attempt that means they are behind the Steelers and epically bad.

If the Bengals are last in yds per play and per attempt that means they are behind the Steelers and epically bad.
Oh, it’s definitely epically bad, banged-up QB or not. The Bengals have scored 49 points this season. Seven of those were a punt return TD. So the offense has scored 42 points in 4 games — 10.5 points per game. And the offense has put up a total of 3 TDs so far. It’s embarrassingly bad. Meanwhile, QBs such as Sam Howell, Josh Dobbs, Baker Mayfield, C.J. Stroud, Brock Purdy and Anthony Richardson are among those who helm competent-looking offenses.

It feels like the offensive coaching staff — which was never anything to write home about in the first place — has become borderline arrogant, unwilling or unable to get creative to help fix the problems.

This team is further away from a Super Bowl than most fans believe. In that sense, I’m hoping that a continued collapse and lost season will force major changes on that side of the ball as well as yield a high draft pick to get Tee Higgins’ replacement.

I feel badly for Ja’Marr Chase, Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader and Logan Wilson that a year of their in-their-prime elite talent is going to waste, but it is what it is.

It feels like the offensive coaching staff — which was never anything to write home about in the first place — has become borderline arrogant, unwilling or unable to get creative to help fix the problems.

This team is further away from a Super Bowl than most fans believe. In that sense, I’m hoping that a continued collapse and lost season will force major changes on that side of the ball as well as yield a high draft pick to get Tee Higgins’ replacement.

I feel badly for Ja’Marr Chase, Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader and Logan Wilson that a year of their in-their-prime elite talent is going to waste, but it is what it is.
I don't feel bad for any of these players they get pd. big bucks and can always leave when the contract is up. I do feel sorry for the fans esp. the diehards. If Higgins walks good luck to him, less he ends up with the Chiefs he aint gonna have a top notch QB like Burrow throwing him the football he is not an elite receiver (is good in the red zone because of his height). What the Bengals need on offense is a TE and a new oline coach. I am "worried" about Anarumo leaving after this year.