2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

To make matters worse, OSU doesn’t not have one player coming in from the 2024 class that is over 6’6. This team needs an infusion of multiple athletic 6’9/6’10 guys in the worst way possible.

Feels like one where it would have been easy to pack it in early on. They made a respectable effort tonight, but dear God Minny is an opponent that they just matchup horribly with. Struggling defending opponents with legit size has been a calling card of the Holtmann era due to roster construction, and the lack of size/athletic size is something that the next coach has to change.

I hope that Bjork is making a mental note of the atmosphere mediocre Minnesota generates at "The Barn", as well as what Penn State has been doing moving some of their games out of their 15k seat arena to the antiquated 7,000 seat facility on their campus that's primarily used for wrestling. The Schott is a morgue compared to those places, and either lopping off a few thousand seats at The Schott or constructing a new 13-14k seat basketball facility (St. John 2.0) over the next decade should be a top priority.

Feels like one where it would have been easy to pack it in early on. They made a respectable effort tonight, but dear God Minny is an opponent that they just matchup horribly with. Struggling defending opponents with legit size has been a calling card of the Holtmann era due to roster construction, and the lack of size/athletic size is something that the next coach has to change.

I hope that Bjork is making a mental note of the atmosphere mediocre Minnesota generates at "The Barn", as well as what Penn State has been doing moving some of their games out of their 15k seat arena to the antiquated 7,000 seat facility on their campus that's primarily used for wrestling. The Schott is a morgue compared to those places, and either lopping off a few thousand seats at The Schott or constructing a new 13-14k seat basketball facility (St. John 2.0) over the next decade should be a top priority.
A new arena should be on the drawing board with seats right on top of the court like at The Pit in New Mexico. About 12,000 seats, so tickets are actually in demand.

A new arena should be on the drawing board with seats right on top of the court like at The Pit in New Mexico. About 12,000 seats, so tickets are actually in demand.
I like the idea.... But I also like the old nostalgia of places like Cameron Indoor, etc.

Someone mentioned St. Johns 2.0.... Could they just dump a lot of money into redoing St. Johns? I know UC rennovated 5/3 a few years ago and made it much better. Albeit 5/3 is a lot newer than St. Johns.

I like the idea.... But I also like the old nostalgia of places like Cameron Indoor, etc.

Someone mentioned St. Johns 2.0.... Could they just dump a lot of money into redoing St. Johns? I know UC rennovated 5/3 a few years ago and made it much better. Albeit 5/3 is a lot newer than St. Johns.
St. John probably has to be totally gutted at this point to be serviceable. It's a nearly 70 year old arena that's been gently used over the last 5-10 years, minus skull sessions before football games and some other special events.

I remember a few years ago seeing that a good chunk of it was converted into extra weight room space during COVID. Last year the four sided scoreboard above midcourt was removed because they'd run out of spare parts to service it. The manufacturer has been out of business for over a decade.

It’s absolutely hilarious to see how Zed Key and Dale Bonner both suck so bad lol. Both should be playing in the MAC.
I actually thought Zed was a far more useful player before he lost the weight. At least he could bang under the boards. He looks physically great this year, but he has no real skills. His bulk was his skill.

I see why Baylor let Bonner walk. He blows.

I actually thought Zed was a far more useful player before he lost the weight. At least he could bang under the boards. He looks physically great this year, but he has no real skills. His bulk was his skill.

I see why Baylor let Bonner walk. He blows.
Idk, outside of one game against Duke I’ve always thought Zed sucked pretty bad.

Devin Royal and Okpara look like the only 2 players on OSUs roster that the next coach should try and keep on the team at all costs.

Thornton is too much of a tweener to ever make it at a high level in the pros. Definitely an NBA player but you just wonder what league he will latch onto in Europe.

Thornton is not an NBA player, IMO, but he is a very good college guard that any new coach will want for the next two years.
I wouldn’t say he’s very good, above average sure. He’s just too small for how slow he is and he’s a mid 3 point shooter. It’s very hard for him to find offense against bigger guards because he doesn’t have the first step to go by them a lot of times

I wouldn’t say he’s very good, above average sure. He’s just too small for how slow he is and he’s a mid 3 point shooter. It’s very hard for him to find offense against bigger guards because he doesn’t have the first step to go by them a lot of times
Thorton has a 4.2 to 1.1 asst. to turnover ratio, best in the BIG only other guard close is Buie from NW at 5.2 to 2.2 and shoots 84% at the foul line all attributes of a good pt. guard. Thornton is only a sophomore and definitely one of top pt. guards in the BIG.

Diebler good job of substituting and seems to have a feel for the game. OSU stopped the MSU fast breaks the last 10 min. of the game which enabled the Bucks to come back and win.

Shot reminded me of the Oklahoma at Oklahoma State game yesterday. Oklahoma hit one similar with the guy fading out of bounds at the end overtime to get the win for Oklahoma in what maybe the final game between the 2 for awhile with Oklahoma moving to the SEC.