2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

Sean Stewart would be a great get but Diebler appears to be swinging and missing again. Stewart appears to be going to Cincinnati

Well, I can’t really argue this guy’s description of the B1G as the most boring basketball conference in America.

Cincinnati? Why?
He played high school ball with one of their players, Cincinnati now plays in a legit conference, and let’s be real Diebler doesn’t move the needle as a HC. This program needed an Urban Meyer type hire like the football team got in 2012 to completely revolutionize the program. They essentially got a slightly better version of Holtmann but with less HC experience.

He played high school ball with one of their players, Cincinnati now plays in a legit conference, and let’s be real Diebler doesn’t move the needle as a HC. This program needed an Urban Meyer type hire like the football team got in 2012 to completely revolutionize the program. They essentially got a slightly better version of Holtmann but with less HC experience.
I don’t understand why you keep bitching about the Diebler hire when arguably the biggest brand (Kentucky) was turned down by at least 3 coaches. Also add to the fact he went 8-3 with a team that was 14-11 prior to his hire. Another fun that, Gary Parrish of Eye on College Basketball, a podcast people actually listen to picked Diebler as the best hire of all the power 5 jobs that opened

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you keep bitching about the Diebler hire when arguably the biggest brand (Kentucky) was turned down by at least 3 coaches. Also add to the fact he went 8-3 with a team that was 14-11 prior to his hire. Another fun that, Gary Parrish of Eye on College Basketball, a podcast people actually listen to picked Diebler as the best hire of all the power 5 jobs that opened
I’ve went over it adnauseam. Pay better attention

Like whom? As CP said UK got shot down by all the big names. UConn with all their titles hired Danny Hurley from mighty Rhode Island. Hurley had a losing season his 1st year at UConn and did not win 20 games till his 4th season at UConn. Hurley in his 1st 2 years at Rhode Island had a losing record.

Last edited:
247 Sports has OSU ranked no.13 in the country in team rankings of the TP and no. 5 out of 18 teams in the BIG. Purdue and Wisky both have zero incoming transfers as of now.
Wisconsin is going to be terrible next year without Hepburn, Storr and Essegian. That’ll probably be the end of the line for Greg Gard.

No home runs to be had this hiring cycle, unless one considers Dusty May to be a home run. I personally do not.

UK was basically offering blank checks ($8-10 million a year) and had to settle for an alum with 0 conference championships and 0 tournament wins.

The way this hiring cycle broke, IMO you're probably better off having a relatively cheap coach.

After 3-4 years you either extend them or fire them and start over again. The transfer portal has made it so that you have zero excuses for not becoming competitive quickly.