2023-2024 General Discussion

That short list must’ve been written by someone that rides the short bus. Hurley & Wright are absolutely not going to entertain the job. Donovan is a long shot. Oats is the only one in play.
It’s just the start. Nobody is saying who they will definitively hire, but they will reach out. Might be they say no, but UK is going to call.

In our family contest, 23 entrants, it's down to the tiebreaker in points in the final.

I purposely picked a very high score, 198, as I'd rather see my niece win...but if they keep.up this pace.of scoring who knows...

Danger zone right now for Purdue. Edey isn’t scoring anymore and their guards aren’t even getting shots off from 3

Braden Smith having a nice bounce back in the first half...9 pts (just made a huge 3 that Purdue desperately needed), 3 rebs, 3 asts, 0 turnovers.

Looks very in control of the game offensively.

Edey is starting to completely disappear and almost becoming a liability. Purdue did have one of the best in game dunks I’ve ever seen just now though

Alabama gave these guys a better game than what Purdue is doing currently. That game felt like the title game 2 days ago

Edey is starting to completely disappear and almost becoming a liability. Purdue did have one of the best in game dunks I’ve ever seen just now though
Edey is their team. He’s wiped. UConn has a bunch of guys to carry the load. Edey is it for Purdue and he’s not enough.

New York Sport GIF by UConn Huskies

The refs did everything possible to try to keep Purdue in the game, but they simply weren’t good enough to hang with a truly skilled team like UConn.

UConn beat down the best the Big Ten had to offer (Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue) and actually got their toughest challenge from Alabama.

To win a title you need to be good to great everywhere. Can’t have a weakness and Purdue had a very real weakness at the guard position. It was said all season.

UConn’s most competitive game all March was the awesome, high-octane Friday night Big East Tourney semifinal win over St. John’s, 95-90.

Hat tip to Bama for also hanging in there until late.

Seton Hall and St. John’s not making the NCAA Tournament simply doesn’t sit right with me. Those two were definitely good enough to be in the field and potentially do some damage.

UConn’s most competitive game all March was the awesome, high-octane Friday night Big East Tourney semifinal win over St. John’s, 95-90.

Hat tip to Bama for also hanging in there until late.

Seton Hall and St. John’s not making the NCAA Tournament simply doesn’t sit right with me. Those two were definitely good enough to be in the field and potentially do some damage.
Amazing that St John’s gave them such a great game considering they weren’t a very good team and had some bad out of conference losses

Amazing that St John’s gave them such a great game considering they weren’t a very good team and had some bad out of conference losses
When entire teams are being rebuilt on the fly in the transfer portal, especially an extreme case like Pitino starting the season with Joel Soriano and a virtually entirely new team around him, there’s going to have to start to be some consideration for weighing late-season results more heavily than results from early in the season.

Was pulling for Purdue as I have a coworker who went there. Consolation is I had UConn over Purdue in my bracket and won the pool

Calipari is a coward, and not worth the money he commands.
This is the truth.

Calipari is a fantastic recruiter because he is a used car salesman, and kids and their families fall for it. He takes credit for getting kids to the NBA, when in reality it is the players' talent that gets them there. He is a proven cheater (pre-NIL) and a sub-par coach with slick hair and nice suits.

Would not have wanted him at OSU personally.

Pretty much basketball 101 last night. Hurley knew that the only way Purdue wins that game is if they tried to double Edey, and let the Purdue shooters take open shots. They decided that Clingon could guard Edey straight up, and even though Edey had a great game, the rest of the Boilers were non-existent. Edey wore down as the game went and as UConn pulled away, they could easily just trade baskets the rest of the way and they actually expanded the lead.
Purdue had a great season and accomplished alot. They play a certain style of basketball that is hard to deviate from. I think next season with Edey gone, you'll see more of a free flowing Boilermaker team and one thing we know about Matt Painter, his teams are always competitive. One thing that was hard to gage this year with them, is most of the big ten teams where not strong inside, so many had to double down on Edey and it opened up the half court for Loyer, Smith, Jones, Gillis and company.

One final 4 in their history in 1978

So same as my school Florida Atlantic where I actually went to school and graduated

That's also assuming he's not a Notre Dame football and UNC basketball type of Walmart fan
That’s rich coming from an Ohio kid who apparently didn’t go to FSU but is an FSU football fan.