2022 SWBL

From what I saw it was a good game. Maxwell showed up and played big for lumberjacks. Oakwood has a nice win for the conference.

You know Maxwell put 29 on them and a kid averaging 2.7 had 16? Madison struggling doesn't make him wrong ;)
Maxwell is a great player. It was a 2 point game. If I’m Madison parent the last thing I would do is go online and talk smack to a team that beat them by 25.

Maxwell is a great player. It was a 2 point game. If I’m Madison parent the last thing I would do is go online and talk smack to a team that beat them by 25.
If he said "I can't wait for Madison to smack PS" I would agree with you. Defending his point that ME's two kids would be too much for PS by pointing out Oakwood, with one great player, just beat them seems legit to me.

This weeks games-

Tuesday-

Valley View @ Dixie, Dixie has been better this year. Was VV win over Madison them getting into bball shape? Ill take Dixie in a close one.

Fenwick @ Franklin, Fenwick big....

Carlisle @ Middletown Christian, Mc has a guy Averaging a double double. Carlisle too much balance will win but close early pull away late.

Waynesville @ Talawanda, Will be a good game. Waynesville battles but give the edge to Talawanda.

FRIDAY GAMES -

VV @ Brookville, Which Brookville teams shows up? Ill flip a coin.....

Monroe @ Eaton, Monroe will win but wouldnt be surprised if Eaton hangs around till late in game.

Carlisle @ Madison, Rival game here, Carlisle wins but it will be a battle. I dont know what to think about Madison lost to VV and Ansonia this past weekend.

Franklin @ Oakwood, the struggle continues for Franklin, Oakwood big.

Bellbrook @ Waynesville, Both teams need this one to keep up in East race. Ill take Bellbrook.

SATURDAY SLATE-

VV @ National Trail, VV big..

Wyoming @ Oakwood, Solid game here, Ill take Wyoming.

Ross @ Franklin, Ross, Franklin moves to 0-14

Carlisle 64
Middletown christian 54

Lawson (19) Smith (18) Rowe (11) Harmeyer (10) for a very balanced attack for indians

Tuesday Results,

Waynesville 78 Talawanda 76- Big win for Waynesville!

Fenwick 74 Franklin 34- Ouch!

Carlisle 64 Middletown Christian 54

Dixie 59 Valley View 46.

Carlisle 60
Madison 54 in OT

Madison controlled most of this game, they played hard on defense and definitely wanted more than Indians early on. Carlisle won the last 2 minutes of game and overtime. Indians didn’t play the best but nice to get a win over a rival. Hats off to Madison as they played very hard.
Lawson (13) Smith (13) and Taylor (13) to lead a balanced attack for the Indians

A fun mid season breakdown of how SWBL has performed against other conferences midway through the season.

Swbl vs Woac- 14-7 SWBL

SWBL vs TRC- 3-1 SWBL

SWBL vs GWOC- 3-0 GWOC

SWBL vs GCL- 6-1 GCL- Carlisle over fenwick is only win for swbl

SWBL vs Other (Metro buckeye, Ohio Heritage, Southwest Ohio, SBAAC, Central Buckeye, and More) Swbl leads 20-16

Think its a good breakdown of teams that SWBl has played. East should be challenging them selves with bigger schools, and the west playin like wise schools with around same enrollment.

Tuesday Games-

Carlisle @ Brookville
Oakwood @ Monroe
Madison @ Waynesville
Bellbrook @ Franklin
Eaton @ VV

Friday Games-

Monroe @ Bellbrook
VV @ Carlisle
Brookville @ Madison
Eaton @ Oakwood
Franklin @ Waynesville

Saturday Games-

Franklin @ Thurgood Marshall
Oakwood @ Fairborn
Carlisle @ Dayton Christian
Bellbrook @ Ponitz

Oakwood 52
Monroe 47

Carlisle 58
Brookville 48 Indians pulled away in 4th quarter, Smith (14) Lawson (12) Burney (10) on the balanced attack for Indians

Madison 57
Waynesville 44

Bellbrook 79
Franklin 66

VV
Eaton dont know the exact final but heard VV won by 1

Monroe is pretty much in most of the games they lost. Just can’t finish the job. Got Bellbrook this week. We beat em 58-50 I think was the score at our place. Thought for sure they would hammer us but our kids proved me wrong. Monroe has had decent teams the past decade with competitive talent but they just can’t figure out how to take the next step. Basketball has never been a big thing in Hornet Country. At least in my opinion. Football obviously is along with Soccer and Baseball which are always competitive are pretty much the big 3. Of course you gotta have talent which Monroe has had consistently in Soccer and Baseball and they have great coaches. Every schools different. Soccer has been the most competitive every year.

Oakwood 52
Monroe 47

Carlisle 58
Brookville 48 Indians pulled away in 4th quarter, Smith (14) Lawson (12) Burney (10) on the balanced attack for Indians

Madison 57
Waynesville 44

Bellbrook 79
Franklin 66

VV
Eaton dont know the exact final but heard VV won by 1
Kai Cook had 41 for Franklin, but BB had too many guns for them

A bright spot for a dismal season at Franklin has been soph. Kai Cook. Last week he put up 33 vs. Ross in the Cats first win, and on Tues. he put up 41 against Bellbrook. With these 2 performances Kai has Taken over the lead in SWBL passing Will Maxwell of Oakwood by a mere .4 points. Did I mention that he is only a Sophomore ?

A bright spot for a dismal season at Franklin has been soph. Kai Cook. Last week he put up 33 vs. Ross in the Cats first win, and on Tues. he put up 41 against Bellbrook. With these 2 performances Kai has Taken over the lead in SWBL passing Will Maxwell of Oakwood by a mere .4 points. Did I mention that he is only a Sophomore ?
Kai has been playing well of late. Franklin is in a lot of trouble if he is only one scoring points. They need to get a few other kids some shots or at least be a threat to score the ball. It is very hard for one solid kid to win a lot of games. The kid is scoring the ball well but how is the team doing?