2022 SWBL

very odd that Carlisle went after Miami East. ME seems like a legit team. The Carlisle team was one of the better teams I have seen this year. If they gone in the Tri Village bracket they could have made some real noise

I said this in the other thread if Tri Village gets knocked off you will have some interesting teams potentially making a run at Regional finals.
Is it Possible Miami East passed on their turn and jumped on Carlisle once bracket started to take shape?

Don't know if they did but its a small miracle it didn't happen before now. Franklin/Dunbar maybe worth the cost of admission just to watch the Wildcat fans act like fools.
Agree with you that I am surprised that it has taken this long. I am sure there have been some interesting post-practice meetings with parents that no one knows about. Dunbar handling them may be the nail in the coffin to put someone over the edge with the wildcat faithful. Franklin fans used to be in full force on Yappi in the Kennard days.... it's like crickets now from Hunter, Hollywood, and surrounding Franklin areas now. "Once a wildcat, always a wildcat."

Is it Possible Miami East passed on their turn and jumped on Carlisle once bracket started to take shape?
I guess. I didn’t know that you could pass. Wouldn’t that mean ME would have selected last? They wouldn’t have gotten a favorable first round match up then

I guess. I didn’t know that you could pass. Wouldn’t that mean ME would have selected last? They wouldn’t have gotten a favorable first round match up then
I have never seen a 1 seed pass before, but it is possible. If they did the 2 seed would go and then it would go back to East so they would have had to do it multiple times to get to the 4 seed. Would show major insecurity for the 1 to pass to see where the 2-4 go :)

I have never seen a 1 seed pass before, but it is possible. If they did the 2 seed would go and then it would go back to East so they would have had to do it multiple times to get to the 4 seed. Would show major insecurity for the 1 to pass to see where the 2-4 go :)
I didn’t realize how it worked. Thanks for the information

Between those first three seeds Carlisle’s roster matches up best with East. I believe that’s why that went that route. Shawnee and TV create matchup issues for the Indians. Have to pick your poison with the top 3 seeds. I’m sure Indian Lake and Anna picked a really tough out as well. East will have a tough matchup in 3rd game. I think Shawnee Versailles game will be a big one as well.

Carlisle 59-44 over Madison, Taylor (19) Rowe (15) Lawson (12) to lead the Indians

Franklin 62 Monroe 54

Brookville 56 Eaton 51

Bellbrook 86 Valley View 51

If Monroe can't beat the Franklins of the world, they will struggle to win any tournament games in D1.
I agree. I'm just saying they are not completely out matched until Centerville. Doubt they win any Tourney games though

I was told he was double teamed and even triple teamed a few times for most of the game. Looks like that strategy didn't work.
That is false. Waynesville doubled when he got the ball down low like any team would. Otherwise it was man to man. The difference in the game was Waynesville inability to score that night. Credit the Jacks defense that gave Waynesville fits( that and Waynesville’s inability to finish at the rim)

That is false. Waynesville doubled when he got the ball down low like any team would. Otherwise it was man to man. The difference in the game was Waynesville inability to score that night. Credit the Jacks defense that gave Waynesville fits( that and Waynesville’s inability to finish at
Oakwood was also missing their second leading scorer who is a post player/starter. That may have also effected the post play for Maxwell. None the less they got the W.

Luke Kennard Just traded to Memphis !!
I am a Kennard fan for sure! What a great representative of the SWBL!

Is this trade a good one for Kennard? I really don't know what to think.
Memphis is solid and fun to watch. The Clippers were hard to watch at times.

I am a Kennard fan for sure! What a great representative of the SWBL!

Is this trade a good one for Kennard? I really don't know what to think.
Memphis is solid and fun to watch. The Clippers were hard to watch at times.
He’ll be fun to watch if they give him the ball and let him shoot. Clippers never gave him a chance.

I think its a win win situation for
Grizz and Luke. The Grizz were shooting terrible from outside like 29 percent as a team. Luke will help those numbers a lot.

Who does Everyone think will be Player of year in the East and West this year. Ive saw some good basketball players through conference.

East- Think its Maxwells but think Cook is right there, Maxwell does more than just score it for his team that puts him in the front i think.

West- Man this one is tough, Carlisle has the team and two players that could get it, then Eaton has Ramy. this one will be tight

Who does Everyone think will be Player of year in the East and West this year. Ive saw some good basketball players through conference.

East- Think its Maxwells but think Cook is right there, Maxwell does more than just score it for his team that puts him in the front i think.

West- Man this one is tough, Carlisle has the team and two players that could get it, then Eaton has Ramy. this one will be tight
Maxwell and Smith.
I’ve only seen Ramy twice in the last two years and both games have been terrible. He was ejected against Waynesville in the 2nd quarter for getting two techs. Cook is good, but not on Maxwell’s level

Cooks pretty good, but Franklins dead last in the league. Being POY your team should've have some success otherwise you probably aren't the best player in the league.

Excited to see Carlisle’s new gym tonight! Be a miracle if Monroe can pull the upset. Haven’t won a game since January 13.🙄 Could be wrong but I don’t think Monroe has a snowballs chance in crap of winning it.