2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw nothing that tells me that Wood is calling any plays. Everything looked identical to last season.
You're kidding right? We threw the ball between the hashes more tonight than we have in the last 4 years. Some catchable balls were dropped a few over throws but the play calling although not perfect was much better tonight. The execution on the other hand.

A few thoughts.

I thought Slaughter did a better job of keeping his eyes down field when he scrambled, on two separate occasions he got the ball out at the last second instead of taking a sack like he would have last year.

I thought on two other separate occasions Slaughter showed us what he can do when he decides to tuck it and run.

To me the influence of Alex Wood as far as playcalling is obvious we have to execute better.

I know it feels like the Tigers are never going to win another game but trust me, they'll get better.

My biggest disappointment is....yet again....in the defensive backfield....Moeller guys running free and wide open all night. We either need different players in those spots, or different coaches because the safetys and corners picked up exactly where they left off last year....and that's not a good thing.

I was encouraged at how the players battled and never stopped fighting throughout the entire game.

Our line needs work but didn't play as bad as I was told they were going to.

Halftime penalties....Moeller 8 for 82 Massillon 0 for 0....thats encouraging and we have to build on that.

Moeller, you have a real nice team with some very good players....but I was surprised at how dirty they were.

The special teams need work....a lot of work but the rundown by Vinny and the onside kick by Vinny were both really nice.

You're kidding right? We threw the ball between the hashes more tonight than we have in the last 4 years. Some catchable balls were dropped a few over throws but the play calling although not perfect was much better tonight. The execution on the other hand.

A few thoughts.

I thought Slaughter did a better job of keeping his eyes down field when he scrambled, on two separate occasions he got the ball out at the last second instead of taking a sack like he would have last year.

I thought on two other separate occasions Slaughter showed us what he can do when he decides to tuck it and run.

To me the influence of Alex Wood as far as playcalling is obvious we have to execute better.

I know it feels like the Tigers are never going to win another game but trust me, they'll get better.

My biggest disappointment is....yet again....in the defensive backfield....Moeller guys running free and wide open all night. We either need different players in those spots, or different coaches because the safetys and corners picked up exactly where they left off last year....and that's not a good thing.

I was encouraged at how the players battled and never stopped fighting throughout the entire game.

Our line needs work but didn't play as bad as I was told they were going to.

Halftime penalties....Moeller 8 for 82 Massillon 0 for 0....thats encouraging and we have to build on that.

Moeller, you have a real nice team with some very good players....but I was surprised at how dirty they were.

The special teams need work....a lot of work but the rundown by Vinny and the onside kick by Vinny were both really nice.
You are right about the pass defense. It was bad. Guys were open all night and if not for the QB overthrowing the ball a lot in the first half it’s a lot wider margin than what it ended up being. As for run defense, I know #24 is a stud but that # 8 ran wild all night too. I wasn’t impressed at all with the defense. Nobody was out there to cover any of those flare/swing passes and they gained big yardage on them. The only thing good I saw out there is the kids never gave up.

I miss Easterling too.

Moeller didn’t bring many fans and this was the smallest home crowd for opening day that I can remember.

Wouldn’t guess much more than 7k-8k fans.

We sure did look sharp tonight in terms of our unis. We're young, we had some opportunities and we made some costly errors. You have to execute to win games like this and we seem to struggle to do that. Why is it that we can't ever be that team in these situations where we are underdogs, but we rise to the occasion and beat a team that we're decidedly underdogs against?

We sure did look sharp tonight in terms of our unis. We're young, we had some opportunities and we made some costly errors. You have to execute to win games like this and we seem to struggle to do that. Why is it that we can't ever be that team in these situations where we are underdogs, but we rise to the occasion and beat a team that we're decidedly underdogs against?
Unis were sharp except what happened to bringing back the leaping tiger on the white helmets? Possibly more disappointing than the result of the game lol

I don't see anybody beating Moeller this year. We had a chance to beat them but simply didn't execute. DBs were lost most plays. The offense showed they can move the ball and score but dropped balls, overthrows derailed a couple drives. Moeller was changing things every play on Defense to confuse the lineman and it worked. We are also missing a couple starters on the line. Hartson ran his off and took a beating. Again Moeller is one of the best teams in the state if not the best. We will be fine. The thing I liked the best last night, very little stoppages for cramps.?

I don't see anybody beating Moeller this year. We had a chance to beat them but simply didn't execute. DBs were lost most plays. The offense showed they can move the ball and score but dropped balls, overthrows derailed a couple drives. Moeller was changing things every play on Defense to confuse the lineman and it worked. We are also missing a couple starters on the line. Hartson ran his off and took a beating. Again Moeller is one of the best teams in the state if not the best. We will be fine. The thing I liked the best last night, very little stoppages for cramps.?
Totally agree but do you think we can handle St Ed’s?

Moe was just better and that’s what it is.

This ^ I'm not shocked or overly disappointed Massillon lost. Of course us Massillon fans all hoped for a win but we knew what we were up against. For the most part I thought the Tigers played hard for a full 4 quarters and didn't give up. Yes we made tons of mistakes, some that led directly to Moeller points, but this was game 1 what else can you say. Down 11 with the ball at midfield with 7 minutes left in the game, after the mistakes they made that isn't a horrible position to be in. At the end of the day Moeller is a better team and we'll be just fine moving forward.

Last edited:
I just hope that isn’t our defense this year. Looked like the D we had Moores 1st year. Too weak to even imagine at this point it ever being where we need it this year but here’s hoping. Only week 1.

We looked ok on O but the mistakes (and there were many) looked more correctable on that side. Gotta remember Slaughter is still a soph and wr’s had more drops than I’ve seen in a long time.

Moeller is a team of many "experienced" athletes whereas the Tigers are not to the extent Moeller is, IMO. We are a fairly young team and it's going to take some time to reach full potential. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there one less week of practice before the first regular season game? If that be the case, we needed it more than an experienced Moeller team. I'm not insinuating we could have beaten Moeller had we had an extra week of practice but it sure wouldn't have hurt. The team should grow from the mistakes and move on with a resolve and hard work to get better.
GO TIGERS, BEAT GLENOAK!

Last edited:
Massillon folks,

Can one of you please post the score of the JV game vs. Ignatius when it's over? It started at 10 30 this morning. Thanks!

Moeller is good but, there bigger monsters in Cincinnati. Good luck the rest of the season.

Anyone have the official stats from last night?

Interesting that Lenix was pretty much nonexistent in the run game. Trell ran well but I thought we we spread the love a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.