2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shepas was the one who said we needed to get rid of the cancerous fans who want to constantly be negative or sit up in the stands and whine and moan after each play that isn’t a TD.
And he probably had a point that the booster club/fans were far too involved at the time. But my point isn’t about Shepas directly lol

I personally think if or offense doesn’t change to add a short passing game it’s going to much of the same when we meet stiff competition in the playoffs. You can’t just overpower everybody.
Hey stop that you non fan. How dare you say that adjustments need made ! How dare you form an opinion based what you have seen transpire on the field over and over again. You sir are a cancer. ???

Until Massillon decides it wants to be THE premier High School program in the country (like it was in the 40s, 50s, 60s) and do what it takes to be that program (like other programs cough cough Hoban have done) we will have to be happy beating Mckinley 10/11 years or whatever it is. Which is fine. But it is what it is.
What do you suggest ?

Hey stop that you non fan. How dare you say that adjustments need made ! How dare you form an opinion based what you have seen transpire on the field over and over again. You sir are a cancer. ???
The difference is Firewatch is using constructive criticism and has the pedigree to back up what he is talking about.

The difference is Firewatch is using constructive criticism and has the pedigree to back up what he is talking about.
Oh right he’s older than me so his opinion is valid.

I have said on here a million times that the offense needs to adjust and have backed it up with stats from the championship losses and other games that have been losses.

You call me a cancer and attack my posts yet applaud others for saying the same things that I have said and say I have vendettas against the staff etc. Dude, you have a vendetta against me. All because I state my opinions. I am always open to discussion and hearing things that might make me change my stance on something. Maybe you should try that approach and not just assume that you are always right.

I personally think if our offense doesn’t change to add a short passing game it’s going to much of the same when we meet stiff competition in the playoffs. You can’t just overpower everybody.
That’s one of the biggest things Moore is all about. Establishing the LOS and running the ball.
I agree with you but I don’t see that changing anytime soon, unless they figure out you can have a power running attack and also throw a 5 yard out on 3rd and 4. ?

I have said on here a million times that the offense needs to adjust and have backed it up with stats from the championship losses and other games that have been losses.
When you played during the 2012 season did the 2 wins over mck mean anything or were they just not any good so no reason for you to pat yourself on the back after those 2 games ?

Look at what these other programs are doing ??‍♂️. May not (read probably isn’t) be possible.

Hoban is starting to go nationwide for talent, it’s time to pay the scouts more that live in different states. ?

I have a question? How many slant routes did we run last year when almost every team we played walked there strong safety up to support the run which left our slot receiver 1 on 1 with a kid in most games couldn’t cover his own shadow. I can think of maybe 2.
I know there was a game where Ardell caught 2 and we were like where the hell did this come
from. As you said I’m sure we didn’t see another for 4-5 games after that.

Look at what these other programs are doing ??‍♂️. May not (read probably isn’t) be possible.

Hoban is starting to go nationwide for talent, it’s time to pay the scouts more that live in different states. ?
Hell Lebron is building a 15 unit apartment complex with basketball courts and workout facilities 2 blocks from St.V. Of course it is under the umbrella of his I Promise Foundation so I doubt any stud basketball or football players would ever move in.???

You call me a cancer and attack my posts yet applaud others for saying the same things that I have said and say I have vendettas against the staff etc. Dude, you have a vendetta against me. All because I state my opinions. I am always open to discussion and hearing things that might make me change my stance on something. Maybe you should try that approach and not just assume that you are always right.
I have an issue with you because it’s constant negativity and criticism. Which was proven by the mck comment. Who gives a dam if they are 0-100 over 10 years and we beat them 10 in a row it’s still beating mck.
You have also said beating Lasalle and Hoban wasn’t a big deal because they had players injured. Like we have ever been fully healthy during any of the playoff runs the last 5 seasons.
The next time you say something positive about the Tigers will be the first time, except when you are all giddy about a transfer.

That’s one of the biggest things Moore is all about. Establishing the LOS and running the ball.
I agree with you but I don’t see that changing anytime soon, unless they figure out you can have a power running attack and also throw a 5 yard out on 3rd and 4. ?
One of the reasons they struggle with this is on running plays our receivers do nothing. They don’t even fake running a route. A lot of times the ball is snapped and they stand there. Drives me insane.

All this being said, Coach MOORE has revitalized the program. Saved us after the debacle that was “coach” hall (few people know how bad it actually was!) and has brought more success to the program than Any other in recent memory. Onward and upward, excited to see improvement with many TALENTED classes coming through the program in coming years.

All this being said, Coach MOORE has revitalized the program. Saved us after the debacle that was “coach” hall (few people know how bad it actually was!) and has brought more success to the program than Any other in recent memory. Onward and upward, excited to see improvement with many TALENTED classes coming through the program in coming years.
I agree, I really like Coach Moore. The time he puts into kids getting to college is immeasurable. Kids aren’t doing stupid stuff like breaking into college stadiums. Kids are getting good grades. And the youth program is thriving again.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Massillon isn't the same city as the 40's 50's and 60's lol
Agreed a lot of people aren’t fully invested the community. Too many choose to live outside the city limits and raise their children elsewhere but show up on Friday night.

As Tiger fanatics we all need to decide is this something worth fighting for or are we ok sending our tax dollars to rival schools? Too many drive in from the suburbs on Friday night and take the best part from the city. While they volunteer their resources to other communities.

I’m fully invested in both the city of Massillon and Massillon Tiger football.

Agreed a lot of people aren’t fully invested the community. Too many choose to live outside the city limits and raise their children elsewhere but show up on Friday night.

As Tiger fanatics we all need to decide is this something worth fighting for or are we ok sending our tax dollars to rival schools? Too many drive in from the suburbs on Friday night and take the best part from the city. While they volunteer their resources to other communities.

I’m fully invested in both the city of Massillon and Massillon Tiger football.
That's a big part of it, but also the city was growing then. The city had more younger families then. The city had jobs to support younger families. The city was building houses to house younger families. That's not true anymore.

That's a big part of it, but also the city was growing then. The city had more younger families then. The city had jobs to support younger families. The city was building houses to house younger families. That's not true anymore.
I built a house here in 2020, so did 4 other families who have children who attend Massillon City Schools.

And that, as they say, is that. Case closed.

I built a house here in 2020, so did 4 other families who have children who attend Massillon City Schools.
And we're finishing up our new build in 2 weeks in the city and moving back. But how many new builds are in the school system? How many are in Perry and Jackson lsd's? there's ones and 2's of new houses being built in Massillon city school district. There's hundreds in the latter. It's not trending in Massillons favor.

A cities corporate boundaries should match its school districts boundaries, but that's not the case. I wonder if there's anyway to petition or change that?

And we're finishing up our new build in 2 weeks in the city and moving back. But how many new builds are in the school system? How many are in Perry and Jackson lsd's? there's ones and 2's of new houses being built in Massillon city school district. There's hundreds in the latter. It's not trending in Massillons favor.
That’s my point, let’s fight for it. Congratulations on your new home.

We left the suburbs to raise our boys here. Neither of them have an athletic bone in their body. Massillon is our home and we’re damn proud of it.

A cities corporate boundaries should match its school districts boundaries, but that's not the case. I wonder if there's anyway to petition or change that?

Agreed. It is Massillon's job (the city) to boost economic development whenever possible. Be it through annexation, abatements, development projects etc. It is not our job to reward Tuslaw, Perry, etc. school districts as a result. As Massillon grew so should have the district. It is really a bizarre and antiquated set up. But like most things in government next to impossible to change.

That said, many would argue that open enrollment addresses that, and it does to an extent, but certainly not with OHSAA, and the district still leaves alot of money on the table.

Agreed. It is Massillon's job (the city) to boost economic development whenever possible. Be it through annexation, abatements, development projects etc. It is not our job to reward Tuslaw, Perry, etc. school districts as a result. As Massillon grew so should have the district. It is really a bizarre and antiquated set up. But like most things in government next to impossible to change.

That said, many would argue that open enrollment addresses that, and it does to an extent, but certainly not with OHSAA, and the district still leaves alot of money on the table.
The State board of Education sets the public school districts‘ boundaries. It is almost impossible to change them. That being said, what should take place is some consolidation of these districts. There are too many school districts in Ohio. It will occur, it’s inevitable. The State of Education did it in the 1950-1960’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.