2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahah unfortunately I was not, although some say I come with a high inherent level of drama and sarcasm…

Everything will be fine! I mean for goodness sake we made it to the regional championship and lost to perennial federal league powerhouse Green because of bad reffing.

Im sure they are just rotating players and seeing what works best. It’s early!
EXACTLY. It's August. Deep breaths everyone.

We're in week -2 and it's this bad already?

God help us all if we make it to week 15 some of y'all will have ulcers and a few might stroke out.
Glad to hear that we are rotating kids in and getting them experience. I remember early season chest pounding after scrimmages with St Ed's in years that turned out to be mediocre. My only expectation and hope is that the kids have a high drive to succeed and continue to improve on a weekly basis.

Sorry for hijacking y'all thread but is Crable still the starting QB at Hoban or is the transfer from West Virginia the starter ?.

Come week 11. It will be interesting to see where the Tigers land in the seeding. Reading some of this thread makes me think 10th seed .
With a couple losses

Come week 11. It will be interesting to see where the Tigers land in the seeding. Reading some of this thread makes me think 10th seed .
With a couple losses
Not necessarily. The Tigers had 2 regular season losses last year and they finished 4th in the 2021 computer ratings.?

You guys act like the people who are voicing their concerns following the scrimmage (anyone with a brain who watched that scrimmage walked out of PBTS with some concerns) are being dramatic but are being even more dramatic with your responses.

You guys act like the people who are voicing their concerns following the scrimmage (anyone with a brain who watched that scrimmage walked out of PBTS with some concerns) are being dramatic but are being even more dramatic with your responses.
Some of us have been hearing things like this for 30-40 years. The Tigers play bad in a scrimmage or have a bad practice and it’s the end of the world, the Tigers handle St Ed’s in a scrimmage and they should hand them the trophy now. There is a reason there are practices and scrimmages and then games that matter. Not to mention most of us have confidence in this coaching staff to achieve the goals the team has each season. While others want to rip the coaches and kids for every little thing but probably haven’t played an organized sport in their life or have any understanding what it takes to coach teenage kids.

Nobody was saying that the sky is falling and the season was going to be terrible. Just like someone said earlier: you even said there was a lot to work on. How is it any different for someone give examples of some of the things they think need worked on rather than just being vague?

Also, your assumption that nobody besides you and the few that agree with you have played sports or maybe coached is dumb. You used to like having discussions about the product on the field. Now you just attack anyone who even slightly “criticizes” anything regarding Massillon football.

Well it is kinda silly to criticize coaching on a 7 on 7 or 1st scrimmage, lol. Wood is probably installing some new stuff, some inexperience on o-line, maybe just flat, who knows.

Penalties, turnovers, special teams are important no doubt.

When your goals are to win state and you have to play a top team in less than two weeks I don’t think it’s crazy to question why they looked so sloppy on Saturday. Especially when their opponent looked crisp. It’s obviously not the end of the world and there’s time to improve and they’ll get guys back from injury but at some point there’s a standard of play that they should require from themselves and what they did on Saturday was not it.

There also aren’t three scrimmages like there used to be so the first scrimmage isn’t the complete throwaway sub everyone in type of affair that it used to be.

When your goals are to win state and you have to play a top team in less than two weeks I don’t think it’s crazy to question why they looked so sloppy on Saturday. Especially when their opponent looked crisp. It’s obviously not the end of the world and there’s time to improve and they’ll get guys back from injury but at some point there’s a standard of play that they should require from themselves and what they did on Saturday was not it.

There also aren’t three scrimmages like there used to be so the first scrimmage isn’t the complete throwaway sub everyone in type of affair that it used to be.
I agree with a lot of what you said in this post. However, your last line, while maybe accurate, I am not sure that Moore and his staff feel the same.
We were subbing kids in pretty much every play, and not just receivers.
Shoot, the young Lennix was carrying the ball on our second series. While I firmly expect him to be big factor the longer the season goes, I doubt that he will be carrying the ball that early in the Moeller game.
Our team is so young this year, it appeared to me that our staff was trying to get as many kids on film as possible against Avon's first unit to see who can compete against that caliber of opponent and who isn't quite ready, to attempt to establish some type of depth chart.

If anyone stuck around for the JV portion of the scrimmage, other than a handful of kids, a lot of the kids that started in that portion of the scrimmage were kids that played liberally in the varsity portion.

Also, keep in mind, Hartson only touched the ball 5 or 6 times the entire day. That will most definitely change in 2 weeks.

I agree with a lot of what you said in this post. However, your last line, while maybe accurate, I am not sure that Moore and his staff feel the same.
We were subbing kids in pretty much every play, and not just receivers.
Shoot, the young Lennix was carrying the ball on our second series. While I firmly expect him to be big factor the longer the season goes, I doubt that he will be carrying the ball that early in the Moeller game.
Our team is so young this year, it appeared to me that our staff was trying to get as many kids on film as possible against Avon's first unit to see who can compete against that caliber of opponent and who isn't quite ready, to attempt to establish some type of depth chart.

If anyone stuck around for the JV portion of the scrimmage, other than a handful of kids, a lot of the kids that started in that portion of the scrimmage were kids that played liberally in the varsity portion.

Also, keep in mind, Hartson only touched the ball 5 or 6 times the entire day. That will most definitely change in 2 weeks.
I agree with your statement that Moore definitely treated it as a “get as many kids reps as possible” rather than try to get the “starters” into some rhythm together. Because there are only two scrimmages AND we start the season with Moe I would’ve tried to get my starters (especially the O line) some more reps together against a quality opponent.

For those of you that attended the scrimmage. any guesses on who starts on OL/DL? I know there's some injuries so it's probably hard to answer but give it your best shot.

Some of us have been hearing things like this for 30-40 years. The Tigers play bad in a scrimmage or have a bad practice and it’s the end of the world, the Tigers handle St Ed’s in a scrimmage and they should hand them the trophy now. There is a reason there are practices and scrimmages and then games that matter. Not to mention most of us have confidence in this coaching staff to achieve the goals the team has each season. While others want to rip the coaches and kids for every little thing but probably haven’t played an organized sport in their life or have any understanding what it takes to coach teenage kids.
BAM. Deep breaths boys. We're going to be fine.

It seems that if we don’t put 50 up on Buchtel the season might be over before it begins.
Moving on: I’m expecting Moeller’s defense to blitz A LOT. How do you all think the coaches will attack their blitzes?
If moeller blitzes , we are in trouble , again , watching last weeks practice and scrimmage . This weeks practice , players still jumping offsides and the oline seems confused on who to block .. IMO !!!

Dude , stay out my PM with your ignorant messages . Last time I’m gone ask ..leave me alone sir !!! Who cares you sit n section4 . You still have to leave ????

Also, your assumption that nobody besides you and the few that agree with you have played sports or maybe coached is dumb. You used to like having discussions about the product on the field. Now you just attack anyone who even slightly “criticizes” anything regarding Massillon football.
I am not the only one who things you criticize constantly. It was like that all last season and then almost a “told you so” at the end of the season. I enjoy having discussions with you about the product on the field but not after a preseason practice or the 1st scrimmage. I even said earlier this month that if we are having these same issues week 3-4 and so on then it’s going to be a long year.
For me I have confidence this coaching staff will correct the majority of issues we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.