2022-23 GCL Co-Ed Baseball

The stage is set. Badin obviously the clear favorite but if there’s anyone in the region with the talent to knock them off, it’d be CJ. Both teams threw their ace in the semi so it’ll be Hoagland for CJ. Don’t think Badin has announced their guy

The stage is set. Badin obviously the clear favorite but if there’s anyone in the region with the talent to knock them off, it’d be CJ. Both teams threw their ace in the semi so it’ll be Hoagland for CJ. Don’t think Badin has announced their guy
Hoevel pitched yesterday for Badin - would have to think it will be Copenhaver today.

Rick Cassano twitter. CJ and Badin Were 7-7 in last 14 meetings. Badin 5 of last 6. Now 8-7 CJ. Not sure how they do it, but CJ overcomes the odds to knock off Badin.

I was at the game....Those weren't wild pitches, IMO. The catcher had every opportunity to make a catch. The ball hit the end of his glove each time. It was as if the catcher had not caught for the Lefty Sidearm before that game. The pitch would go across the plate at an angle, but the catcher didn't move his glove to get the ball. It just ricocheted off his glove onto the backstop and down third base line.

Still, a heart breaking way to lose a game. Copenhaver pitched a great game for Badin.

1 wild pitch, then an intentional walk loaded the bases. Walk off walk ended the game.
Monday morning QB here. Intentional walk (CJ runners at 1st and 3rd 1 out) by Badin was puzzling since you had the #8 and #9 hitter for CJ coming up. #9 struck out. up to that point CJ had 2 hits total. Do not think hoping for the double play was right call. Good game to watch 2 very good pitchers going head to head. Tough one to lose for Badin

Monday morning QB here. Intentional walk (CJ runners at 1st and 3rd 1 out) by Badin was puzzling since you had the #8 and #9 hitter for CJ coming up. #9 struck out. up to that point CJ had 2 hits total. Do not think hoping for the double play was right call. Good game to watch 2 very good pitchers going head to head. Tough one to lose for Badin
Sometimes as a coach you look back and think you might have did a little overthinking on a situation. But like you said, Monday morning QB stuff.

Don’t even think it’s a hindsight thing, I immediately thought it was crazy when I saw them intentionally walk a guy with runners on 1st and 3rd, so double play already a possibility at that point, and a reliever just came in so you put that much pressure on your reliever where one hit batter or walk loses the game when you had a better likelihood of getting the 8 and 9 hitters out. It was a bad decision can’t rely on double plays in high school baseball

OHSBCA ALL OHIO:
1st Team:
Justin Hoevel-Badin
Lucas Moore-Badin
Ty Snyder-McNicholas

2nd Team:
Nik Copenhaver-Badin
JP Peltier-Chaminade Julienne
Brycen Fox-Badin
Rodney Rachel-Badin

Congrats to all, good luck to the Eagles this weekend.

Sounds more like they were setting up a force play at home more than a double play.
Ok, I am going to say this after reading about what happened and it sounds like someone got too cute by half. This was a lot of pressure to put on a high school pitcher. Anyway, I think this was a lost opportunity to win a championship. But there is a lot returning starters for next year.

Ok, I am going to say this after reading about what happened and it sounds like someone got too cute by half. This was a lot of pressure to put on a high school pitcher. Anyway, I think this was a lost opportunity to win a championship. But there is a lot returning starters for next year.
Badin always reloads in baseball. Great program

Badin always reloads in baseball. Great program
Should have won the State this year and several other recent years. Goes for Mason too. This is a trend. There are money teams and programs and there are teams and programs that should be getting it done and are not. They know who they are and they should be doing something to figure it out.

Should have won the State this year and several other recent years. Goes for Mason too. This is a trend. There are money teams and programs and there are teams and programs that should be getting it done and are not. They know who they are and they should be doing something to figure it out.
When you get to the final 8 or 16 teams in the state, it's an "any given day" scenario, and that goes for pretty much every high school sport in any state. If you're playing a one and done tournament there are no guarantees. I'll take that back, in very rare years you'll find a team that is so overly dominate its almost guaranteed. But notice I still said almost.

There is very little wrong with the Badin program, and also Mason, since you are always itching to throw them under the bus. Can they be better as a program? Damn straight, but that goes for any and every program. Any program worth a damn is always looking to make themselves better. Pretty sure Badin is a worth a damn lol.

Winning a state championship is the top level of greatness for a high school team, but it shouldn't be a measuring stick of whether a program is great or not, and that's because of what I just laid out.

Last edited:
What is going on at Fenwick? In search of another coach
If this is true and for the reason I suspect, it would seem they’re more a victim of circumstance than anything else. Coach Sams was a longtime Hamilton assistant who I believe is employed by the district and that job just came open. If he’s the new coach there, then it sounds like just bad luck from the Fenwick side.

If this is true and for the reason I suspect, it would seem they’re more a victim of circumstance than anything else. Coach Sams was a longtime Hamilton assistant who I believe is employed by the district and that job just came open. If he’s the new coach there, then it sounds like just bad luck from the Fenwick side.
This is correct he’s going back to Hamilton