2022-23 GCL Co-Ed Baseball

Just like usual, Fenwick getting cold right before the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose in the first or second game.

Played some tough teams, but definitely need to clean it up if they want to go far this year.
Recent losses to Monroe and Franklin. Monroe beat them on a walk-off, while Franklin just beat them 5-2. Those are respectable losses.

I really like seeing some of the classic MML matchups of old. Best of luck to Fenwick and all of the GCL COED teams as we enter tournament time.

Recent losses to Monroe and Franklin. Monroe beat them on a walk-off, while Franklin just beat them 5-2. Those are respectable losses.

I really like seeing some of the classic MML matchups of old. Best of luck to Fenwick and all of the GCL COED teams as we enter tournament time.
Even though those are respectable losses, they shouldn't have been losses they need to clean it up defensively before the playoffs.

Even though those are respectable losses, they shouldn't have been losses they need to clean it up defensively before the playoffs.
Definitely agree. Errors will kill your chances this time of the year. Best of luck to Fenwick to clean it up and make a run.

Final GCL Standings before Postseason Play:

1) Badin | 10-0 (25-1)
2) Chaminade-Julienne | 7-3 (22-5)
3) Fenwick | 7-3 (16-11)
4) McNicholas | 3-7 (16-10)
5) Alter | 2-8 (2-13)
6) Carroll | 1-9 (5-19)

Overall, pretty close to the pre-season predictions I saw. Strong campaigns from Badin and CJ, who could both go very deep in playoffs. Fenwick and McNick were both decent, but need to improve to get to the top. Alter and Carroll still struggling to gain traction in a top-heavy conference.

1) Badin | 10-0 (25-1)
3) Fenwick | 7-3 (16-11)
5) Alter | 2-8 (2-13)
6) Carroll | 1-9 (5-19)

Overall, pretty close to the pre-season predictions I saw. Strong campaigns from Badin and CJ, who could both go very deep in playoffs. Fenwick and McNick were both decent, but need to improve to get to the top. Alter and Carroll still struggling to gain traction in a top-heavy conference.
Correction: Alter is now 2-14 following their playoff loss to Northwestern.

1) Badin | 10-0 (25-1)
3) Fenwick | 7-3 (16-11)
5) Alter | 2-8 (2-13)
6) Carroll | 1-9 (5-19)

Interesting take on Fenwick, they finished tied for 2nd at 7-3 with CJ, and A LOT of teams need to improve to catch up to Badin. Fenwick spilt with CJ, and in all honesty could have won both games losing 6-4 the first game while having 2 runners thrown out at the plate. Overall records can be deceiving depending on the opponents played, but still wishing the entire conference good luck in the tourney!

Interesting take on Fenwick, they finished tied for 2nd at 7-3 with CJ, and A LOT of teams need to improve to catch up to Badin. Fenwick spilt with CJ, and in all honesty could have won both games losing 6-4 the first game while having 2 runners thrown out at the plate. Overall records can be deceiving depending on the opponents played, but still wishing the entire conference good luck in the tourney!
I totally agree. Hopefully we see success from all teams.

With Badin going into the tournament as a heavy favorite, all eyes are on them. Hopefully they stick to their skill and do not choke in the playoffs.

I wonder what Readings thought process was to jump in and play Badin so early? Seems very odd, do they have a stud pitcher or something?

I wonder what Readings thought process was to jump in and play Badin so early? Seems very odd, do they have a stud pitcher or something?
Bennie Hess…..and his brother Chris are pretty darn good. Badin good, dont think so but if you got to play them, play them early

Badin up 4-0

That doesn't make sense to say to say if you got to play them play them early
Prob right, but it seemed to be a team decision. Had to play Badin at some point, so go at them early in tourney. Last I heard neither Hess would pitch today