2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I received a text from a colleague of mine with direct knowledge of this pending case. Being that we are both of the same relative age and have discussed for many years the prejudice and difficulty of overcoming stereotypes in local high school sports our people have endured, he sent me the image I posted above.

I am saddened to read the transcript and I call on those with the power to do so to initiate change and repair. I find it hard to believe that lawyers with reputations would place this in the court's hands without hard proof. Furthermore, I'm told that the lawyers in this case have their hands on other harmful evidence including allegations of harassment and misogynistic comments made in the workplace by this same "leader" that was removed from VASJ.
Ex coach's words are pathetic! This is a separate issue to address (don't know the best way, but some attorney will think of something) that has nothing to do with what was done and already self-reported, Period!

If the pictures were real they are potential evidence of a OHSAA violation to report separate the intent (lets assume fully it's bad) and the acts of JR.
Also assume Euclid, Beachwood and some other schools where kids transferred in from reported him also, without and added language, those stand on their merits already.

But VASJ self reported JR's admitted violations, not the same issue!

If a person that's hates me for whatever takes a video of me shooting my wife, then they can't turn it into the police since they hate me?? OK sounds fair

The former basketball coach may be among us right now on this forum. Spewing hatred of our current football coach. He has not moved on. He is not part of the school anymore. But I will respond to his call outs. The basketball coach got himself fired it seems. And none of the actors involved (coach or administrators ) are at the school anymore. Lets talk football. We have a game Friday!!!
I think the former BB coach had different issues (misuse of funds??) than JR with OHSAA, maybe as bad or worse but his were not OHSAA related as far as I heard?

Ex coach's words are pathetic! This is a separate issue to address (don't know the best way, but some attorney will think of something) that has nothing to do with what was done and already self-reported, Period!

If the pictures were real they are potential evidence of a OHSAA violation to report separate the intent (lets assume fully it's bad) and the acts of JR.
Also assume Euclid, Beachwood and some other schools where kids transferred in from reported him also, without and added language, those stand on their merits already.

But VASJ self reported JR's admitted violations, not the same issue!

If a person that's hates me for whatever takes a video of me shooting my wife, then they can't turn it into the police since they hate me?? OK sounds fair
It's a smokescreen, obviously. Anyone think that this is the first time St. Joe has broken the rules? Before OR during Rotsky tenure? If you do you're a fool.

This morning I received a text from a colleague of mine with direct knowledge of this pending case. Being that we are both of the same relative age and have discussed for many years the prejudice and difficulty of overcoming stereotypes in local high school sports our people have endured, he sent me the image I posted above.

I am saddened to read the transcript and I call on those with the power to do so to initiate change and repair. I find it hard to believe that lawyers with reputations would place this in the court's hands without hard proof. Furthermore, I'm told that the lawyers in this case have their hands on other harmful evidence including allegations of harassment and misogynistic comments made in the workplace by this same "leader" that was removed from VASJ.
Anything you say “slow poke” attorney (lousy athlete to boot) or former FB coach who quit.

I am saddened to read the transcript and I call on those with the power to do so to initiate change and repair. I find it hard to believe that lawyers with reputations would place this in the court's hands without hard proof. Furthermore, I'm told that the lawyers in this case have their hands on other harmful evidence including allegations of harassment and misogynistic comments made in the workplace by this same "leader" that was removed from
Hey John, I’m with you. As an alumn I’m embarrassed that they hired this guy. Can’t root for a cheater and then makes up a story about anti Semitic remarks.

I love how kryback always posts that he's an alum.
It's like he's trying to convince himself that.

I think the former BB coach had different issues (misuse of funds??) than JR with OHSAA, maybe as bad or worse but his were not OHSAA related as far as I heard?
The misuse of funds was coach Woj I believe. The last coach let success and family legacy get to his head. Went from likeable and humble to paranoid and stand-- offish. Thought everyone was out to get him. Including his brother. WTF???? Elvis gave him the boot and he is trying to play super sleuth to catch your guy Rotsky. Figures it will take the stink off his mess. Separate mess. And long since over.

The misuse of funds was coach Woj I believe. The last coach let success and family legacy get to his head. Went from likeable and humble to paranoid and stand-- offish. Thought everyone was out to get him. Including his brother. WTF???? Elvis gave him the boot and he is trying to play super sleuth to catch your guy Rotsky. Figures it will take the stink off his mess. Separate mess. And long since over.
Probably not smart enough to catch JR, he will just pit some Vasj people against each other over time to gain power and support as he did at Chanel, the religion thing ahs nothing to do withm the way he operates, just being Jewish should not make him a cheater, he's doing that on his own, nothing to do with being Jewish or Christ & Mary. I saw it 1st hand at Chanel. Not trying to change your mind, just telling you what I observed. Many Chanel alums were also put in the same situation your school finds themselves in now, it wasn't fun in the end!

Hey John, I’m with you. As an alumn I’m embarrassed that they hired this guy. Can’t root for a cheater and then makes up a story about anti Semitic remarks.
Nobody needs you to root for anything . Take your Old Testament and go wonder in the desert. Eat some locusts.
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Probably not smart enough to catch JR, he will just pit some Vasj people against each other over time to gain power and support as he did at Chanel, the religion thing ahs nothing to do withm the way he operates, just being Jewish should not make him a cheater, he's doing that on his own, nothing to do with being Jewish or Christ & Mary. I saw it 1st hand at Chanel. Not trying to change your mind, just telling you what I observed. Many Chanel alums were also put in the same situation your school finds themselves in now, it wasn't fun in the end!
Like I said before all I can do is support my school. If they fire him I will support the next guy. Kind of like rooting for the name on the front and not the back. I well know the back story of coach Rotsky. I understand your viewpoint. FWIW I miss the days of Chanel for basketball games. Was a great Rivalry with VASJ.

Like I said before all I can do is support my school. If they fire him I will support the next guy. Kind of like rooting for the name on the front and not the back. I well know the back story of coach Rotsky. I understand your viewpoint. FWIW I miss the days of Chanel for basketball games. Was a great Rivalry with VASJ.
Saw Mike Moran at Joe Lynch's wake last Monday, still looks good! Absolutely some of the greatest hs games ever especially in 98-99 when we had to beat VASJ 3 times to get to Columbus, the district final at lakeland should have been the state title game!!

Saw Mike Moran at Joe Lynch's wake last Monday, still looks good! Absolutely some of the greatest hs games ever especially in 98-99 when we had to beat VASJ 3 times to get to Columbus, the district final at lakeland should have been the state title game!!
Good times for sure. Mr. Moran was my business law teacher. Got an award from him for the best student in his 3 classes. He was a great guy. Reminded some us of Clint Eastwood with his presence. Loosen that tie and lets get to work gentlemen.(y)

Mazel Tov to Coach Rotsky for displaying the kind of leadership through adversity that all Vikings can be proud of. Good luck to him and his team as they take on a most difficult challenge on Friday night. Speaking of difficult challenges, I am hearing that Coach Rotsky has put together quite a challenge to this most recent accusation against him and our people. My only hope is that these schleps that have levied these false accusations are made to tell the truth so that Coach Rotsky will be entirely vindicated as the facts warrant. This reminds me of one of the great teachings of the wise Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi in his code of Jewish law concludes that, “one should erase any feelings of revenge from one’s heart and never remind oneself of it.”

Maybe Ginn should not have his players on Euclid Ave. and Dille RD. (185TH) ( Just East of the Collinwood/Cleveland - Euclid border) . Looking for handouts at the traffic light, for New uniform money. Jerseys on helmet in hand. AND NO ADULTS AROUND. Take what you want . Rotsky is the white Ted Ginn. Except with $$$$$ and a real education. Drink that kool-aid boys!!!!
Bitcoin Meme GIF by Crypto GIFs & Memes ::: Crypto Marketing

Wow

Couldn't do it at Channel or Maple Heights which are not Div I, what is different about VASJ?

Nice post and nice win tonight. Maybe VASJ should of took that open week they had and played Benedictine instead of dodging them. Might of been better prepared for the beat down by Glenville tonight.

I'm just going to say that I'm looking forward to the week 12 game - VASJ vs Glenville

Me as well. It’s unfortunate though that you guys have to travel 30 miles west for a home game for the second straight week. What happened with using Wickliffe stadium?

Has VASJ administration seen enough now? Will they give him the boot with these impending penalties on the horizon? Do they really want to through an off-season of scandals and allegations?

Well another season and another postseason quarterfinal exit. To summarize the game, it was over from the start. From the opening Drive, Minter fumbles the ball at midfield to Glenville, Vikings force a 3 and out, then Minter on the 2nd drive throws a pick. Which results in Glenville scoring their opening points. 3rd drive, VASJ gets penalized on dumb holding calls negating a big play and forces them to punt from the end zone, which results in a block for a safety. Throughout the game, seemed to be no sense of urgency, no adjustments, deflated all game. The Vikings offense could not get started at all. Run game was non existing, credit to the Glenville front who did a great job stacking the box and not letting them down field. Howard was a no factor and eventually got ejected for a unsportsmanlike penalty after an XP. Clearly the Vikings were outmatched, even outsized. Glenville will give Ursuline a run for their money. They got some dudes on that line that look like they should be playing D-I football currently. Best of luck to Glenville, they were clearly the better team tonight.

Now the question will become now is what’s next? Will VASJ renew Rotsky’s contract with the violations that have come about? Will he be around for a 2nd season. Don’t know. A lot more questions than answers and I think we will know as we get closer to Two A Days 2022.

Has VASJ administration seen enough now? Will they give him the boot with these impending penalties on the horizon? Do they really want to through an off-season of scandals and allegations?
A lot of questions and definitely will be interesting to see what goes down. The administration has a lot to look into and if they want to move away from a PR nightmare that’s is occurring, so be it. If they want to continue this experience, so be it. Should find out in a few weeks as we approach the new year.

Canceled games, no school will rent their field to them, all the drama. Hope it was all worth it.

But like numerous of the VASJ posters said throughout this thread…

JUST WIN BABY!

Warning if you fire him, he will lawyer up. He will also take everyone involved down with him. You knew the deal when you signed on with him. Whether it was one year or five years, it is bound to be an ugly ending for everyone involved.

Here is my game recap. Having seen many Rotsky games at Euclid - VASJ looked the same. The same I mean undisciplined and unprepared. VASJ had a problem this year when teams actually hit back - no bully likes that. Glenville is legit. IMO that is your D4 state champs. They were 330 or more across the O line and were flanked by 6'3+ WRs on both sides. The QB and the RB ran hard. The defense swarmed. THIS IS NOT A D4 TEAM. When is saw their scores from their game with Chardon and Avon Lake I figured Joe's was in trouble.

VASJ started out horrible - but it would not have mattered. The score was not even as close as it appeared. The Ville was getting 6 yards a carry and would put you to sleep - only to hit a wide open WR on play action. VASJ is typical Rotsky fashion had penalties, unsportsmanlikes and mental breakdowns all over. They were careless with the ball and seemed to ruin any play that was positive with a stupid penalty. Joe's did not look ready and Glenville had that East Cleveland Swagger like you knew they would. There was a lot of pre game chirping on the internet and Glenville backed it up. It's going to take a special team to knock off the Tarblooders in D4. Wait until you see them in person. As for the future at VASJ for Rotsky - my gut tells me they give him another year while on double secret probation. I never see a Rotsky team ever winning anything. There is always a program he cannot beat. It used to be Mentor and the Sts. Now its Glenville.

Status
Not open for further replies.