2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a CLEAR reason why it swung into CC's favor and it aint Dempsey.

well, he helped. Vouchers came into being in 2005 so the turn-around had started. Before that it was all old-fashioned middle school recruiting, no evidence of jobs being given brought to light.

About the time of Cannings I seem to recall Waite had a whole line approaching that size. Not enough around. A couple good LBs. Carmen Amenta was wrestling coach and was getting kids from the East Toledo club.

Last edited:
well, he helped. Vouchers came into being in 2005 so the turn-around had started. Before that it was all old-fashioned middle school recruiting, no evidence of jobs being given brought to light.
To the original topic at hand that first state title (2005) had one blemish on the record.

And Sanzenbacher was a good ole fashioned Catholic boy from Old Lady Pizz House. :ROFLMAO:

nun.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Growing up I had a Sister Mary Ellen and a Sister Mary Helen and a Sister Helen Mary or something like that. They all seemed the same, wore Frankenstein shoes and looked like that pic. And for whatever reason every one of them wanted to show the boys at recess how they could throw a football. Up until about 1990 the LBGTQ community was known as "The Catholic Church leadership."

That 2014 CC team was bizarro. Gave up not just double digits but over 20 and nearly 30 or more to every single team except.... SJJ. Nearly blew the last game to some rural town team with a mediocre QB.
I can add some insight. They played basically with a Cover 0 D then, just man to man with a blitz every single play. Routinely were beaten over the top which would lead to their downfall the previous season against Clyde. If you look back at that 2008-2015 era, the spread was really being implemented across the board. I think what we were seeing was long time DC's not having a clue how to defend it considering they've been coaching against under center formations for decades. When the spread became mainstream, the defense/coaching was not ready for it and games were absurdly high scoring in games that were not complete mismatches.

All my opinion here, but it's clear as day how much defense has evolved at this level in the last 10 years

10/15 Games
Central Catholic @ Ross
Clay @ Whitmer
St. Francis @ Lima Senior
Findlay @ St. John's

My heart wants to say it will be close but no wishing takes away the physical advantage along the line that CCHS has. Unless Fremont coaches can keep their line fresh and get the CCHS secondary out of position for longer runs by the QB, they'll be cooked sooner or later.

Whitmer going to be JUST a bit angry, full team or not.

SFS slowly figuring things out. Need to learn how to keep a lead.

Findlay @ SJJ go for the QBs and WRs alone but my fleece is at the cleaners.

Are Greer from CC and Hornbeak and the three other players from Whitmer who all got ejected last week eligible to play this week?

If I’m thinking correctly, didnt they beat Rocky River in the first round 70-48?
That is correct, and IIRC, it was an interesting night in Region 8 that night because TCC fell behind by a couple touchdowns in that RR game. Meanwhile at Clyde, the Fliers were down a few touchdowns to Mansfield Madison before coming back to win 41-33. The two teams met two weeks later for the regional championship.

Today Fremont and the Little Giant family say goodbye to Coach House Jones. His funeral is at the most apropos place, Don Paul Stadium.

Every community, every program should be so fortunate to have a Coach House.

Rest well coach. You'll be missed.

That is correct, and IIRC, it was an interesting night in Region 8 that night because TCC fell behind by a couple touchdowns in that RR game. Meanwhile at Clyde, the Fliers were down a few touchdowns to Mansfield Madison before coming back to win 41-33. The two teams met two weeks later for the regional championship.
I remember that game. Central was down 21-0 and 28-7. Warren willed them back with a kickoff return and never looked back.

I remember that game. Central was down 21-0 and 28-7. Warren willed them back with a kickoff return and never looked back.
I just looked up the Clyde/Madison game. Madison led 33-7 with about 3:00 left in the third quarter before Clyde scored the final 34 points of the game.

What was said at halftime?

I will say this, never in my life have I seen as much cheating going on during a game than what I saw tonight. They already got an allstar team how much more of an advantage to they need ?

And they still needed a fluke play tipped pass TD to put the game away.

Coach Long, in a half time interview, said they caught Central stealing signals. He said someone had binoculars and was relaying signals.

Findlay puts a butt kicking on St. John’s tonight! If it wasn’t for a few late jv td’s this game was a running clock. Trojans starting to roll at the right time. Could be interesting to see if they can make a playoff run or could all these wins just be because the teams they have beat aren’t very good. Time will tell!

FWIW, CC has flown that drone at nearly every game. It’s “intended” purpose is for film from that specific angle. I think Clay had an issue with it but other than that I think other teams have been ok.

Also is it true that Ross only had one man doing signals? Would probably make it easier for them to steal signals or what not.

FWIW, CC has flown that drone at nearly every game. It’s “intended” purpose is for film from that specific angle. I think Clay had an issue with it but other than that I think other teams have been ok.

Also is it true that Ross only had one man doing signals? Would probably make it easier for them to steal signals or what not.
Yeah, probably Ross' fault. Lol.

It cuts both ways in all honesty. This is why CC sucks when they face a real opponent. In that gimmick D the kids are always blitzing and playing man and have no idea how to sit in a 4-3 and read a key and fit proper gaps and fight over blocks let alone play coverage. They out-dude 95% of who they play so the two-off the edge bully blitz works as they run through the TRAC. Relying on stolen signals makes it worse.

It was nice to see them let the tuition baseball kid from Oregon come in and take the victory knees. Serious question, do the Irish even have a Catholic kid on the roster? Kicker maybe?

It is bad enough that the TCL allowed CC to arse rape them of their top talent over the years but now the voucher system is subsidizing the school so they can have drones and pay for fake Morgan Freeman ads every commercial break on BCSN. Speaking of BCSN and all local media no one says a F-ing word to the obvious BS CCHS gets away with. Jordan Strack defended them on Twitter last night. The BCSN gang, and their one chicken hawk, made jokes about it. The local rag turns a blind eye.

Thank God the TRAC publics and the NLL figured it out. The new NLL cannot happen soon enough.

It was nice to see them let the tuition baseball kid from Oregon come in and take the victory knees. Serious question, do the Irish even have a Catholic kid on the roster? Kicker maybe?
AFAIK Markus, Delp, Braiden Vargas, Schuberg, Moody, Tishler, both Lees, Rombach are all Catholic if you really really need to know. I’m sure they’re just as much “Catholic” as every other Catholic school kid in the area.

They can have drones and pay for fake Morgan Freeman ads every commercial break on BCSN.
Would rather watch the Applebee’s commercial every commercial break then hear that stupid $5 impersonator voice they hired off Fiverr ever again. Cheesiest thing ever.

Also you do forget there’s still a Delp on that team. That drone probably came out of his pocket lmao.

AFAIK Markus, Delp, Braiden Vargas, Schuberg, Moody, Tishler, both Lees, Rombach are all Catholic if you really really need to know. I’m sure they’re just as much “Catholic” as every other Catholic school kid in the area.

Would rather watch the Applebee’s commercial every commercial break then hear that stupid $5 impersonator voice they hired off Fiverr ever again. Cheesiest thing ever.

Also you do forget there’s still a Delp on that team. That drone probably came out of his pocket lmao.
10 out of 85 is actually better than I thought and yet is still pathetic. I wonder how many pay full tuition? Lol. I think the reason people like me get so upset is you have CC fans that refuse to acknowledge the CLEAR advantages and gaming the system, albeit a system that was designed to be gamed. Without the EdChoice program CC would probably be closed and they certainly would not be able to hand out vouchers as scholarships to the best football and basketball players in the city. They can afford commercials because at least 50%+ of their school is subsidized by public dollars yet they do not have to comply with standards that are usually triggered when accepting public dollars. Again, it is a system created for this and they are taking maximum advantage. Kudos even though I will never like it and will continue to call it out for what it is (BS).

I did not realize there was still a Delp around. Probably because he does not see the field. I tell young people if you want to make money become an investor. They are the only people that win no matter what.

As for the drone an average Joe cannot run that thing. You have to be FFA licensed.

I found this on OHSAA website. Perhaps this has been amended since 2019?

1634406866008.png

Yeah, probably Ross' fault. Lol.

It cuts both ways in all honesty. This is why CC sucks when they face a real opponent. In that gimmick D the kids are always blitzing and playing man and have no idea how to sit in a 4-3 and read a key and fit proper gaps and fight over blocks let alone play coverage. They out-dude 95% of who they play so the two-off the edge bully blitz works as they run through the TRAC. Relying on stolen signals makes it worse.

It is bad enough that the TCL allowed CC to arse rape them of their top talent over the years but now the voucher system is subsidizing the school so they can have drones and pay for fake Morgan Freeman ads every commercial break on BCSN. Speaking of BCSN and all local media no one says a F-ing word to the obvious BS CCHS gets away with. Jordan Strack defended them on Twitter last night. The BCSN gang, and their one chicken hawk, made jokes about it. The local rag turns a blind eye.

Thank God the TRAC publics and the NLL figured it out. The new NLL cannot happen soon enough.
That's why I was on the visiting side. As a spectator, I made it legit

I did not realize there was still a Delp around. Probably because he does not see the field. I tell young people if you want to make money become an investor. They are the only people that win no matter what.
He is the long snapper, actually. Backup WR and LB, if you stick around to the second half during garbage time you can usually see him lol.

I’m not gonna argue with you that CC takes advantage of the voucher system. However, there is a sizable portion of kids that could probably still pay full tuition but also use EdChoice because whoever runs that voucher program is trigger-happy as crap about who gets money as long as you live in a “““failing””” district based on tests that don’t account for any socioeconomic discrepancies between districts and their impacts on how those kids operate. It’s BS and it needs to be fixed.

As for the drone an average Joe cannot run that thing. You have to be FFA licensed.

I found this on OHSAA website. Perhaps this has been amended since 2019?

View attachment 22396

That’s about tourney games from what I read, IB. Would also like to know where you got the FFA licensure stuff at. Especially since TCC is close to Mercy and it’s not uncommon for the air ambulance to flyover the field a couple times during the game (that and the fact they have a sophomore kid running it ?).

Status
Not open for further replies.