2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad. League is terrible, they have arguably the second most talent, and will be 4th or 5th. Can’t believe they didn’t try and find the best coach, took the lazy, easy way out. Kids and community deserve better.
Look at the roster and then the coaching staff...A lot of dads are coaching. Findlay won’t hire outside the district. God forbid a kid have to actually earn a position on the field.

28 seniors would be impressive for a large public school. That is an amazing amount for a school like Lima Sr. They also added the top rusher from Lima CC to an already talented backfield.
Hmmmm?

No offense to SJ, but outside of Blake Lichtenberg who will be a D2 - D1 QB this is the worst SJ team since I can remember. At least modern era. His brother played on far better teams, with better Oline's, and better WR's. In fact SJ has 5 kids starting DI right now in college football. Two of those kids are power 5 and a sixth is a backup at a power 5 (Gant - OSU, McIntyre - NWestern, Berg - UT, Anderson - UT, Dooley - EMU, Beier - Minn.). And with all of that talent SJ could only muster a 3rd place best finish in the TRAC which says something about the TRAC from years past.

Holmes doesn’t get enough credit in the TRAC...that kid is good!
Pay more attention. That kid has gotten some serious love. Ross will be the only team that has a chance if giving CCHS a run for the title this season and it is mainly because of Holmes. He is special.

Sidenote: I see the Ross student section won BCSN student section of the week. With all the great venues in the TRAC there is nothing better than watching a good game at Don Paul on a crisp fall night.

Sad. League is terrible, they have arguably the second most talent, and will be 4th or 5th. Can’t believe they didn’t try and find the best coach, took the lazy, easy way out. Kids and community deserve better.
^ This.

This was my biggest disappointment with the offseason hires of Findlay and Perrysburg. Covid yes. In Findlay's case they just had a one and done. I get it. But both schools should have gone outside the area and paid the money to bring in a proven winner at the big boy level (DI/DII). We are back to stale.

Perrysburg should have went outside of the area minus perhaps an Andy Brungard who would be crazy to leave AW at the moment. Findlay should have continued to go outside as well like they did with Pees. Easier said than done but I will say this, when your football team is rocking, levies get passed, community support is through the roof, and other sports end up being better as a direct correlation.

Pay more attention. That kid has gotten some serious love. Ross will be the only team that has a chance if giving CCHS a run for the title this season and it is mainly because of Holmes. He is special.

Sidenote: I see the Ross student section won BCSN student section of the week. With all the great venues in the TRAC there is nothing better than watching a good game at Don Paul on a crisp fall night.
Agree...their rebuilding has been paying off. They are definitely the team to watch this season.

Tcc is good but nothing like they have been in past. The offense is out there running one and two man routes. Defense can’t stop anything. Hard to watch a team with so much talent to go to waste by an awful coaching staff.
Let me clarify I was talking about Findlay about the offense and defense part not TCC.
Tcc is good but nothing like they have been in past. The offense is out there running one and two man routes. Defense can’t stop anything. Hard to watch a team with so much talent to go to waste by an awful coaching staff.

Honestly that CC-Ross matchup is probably going to be the most electric game of the season.

Heard Lichty got hurt last night? It sounds like he might be out for next week, can anybody corroborate?

I give the Student Section credit; they're an enthusiastic bunch. They certainly gave Sandusky the business last week when Streaks arrived to field for pregame warmups

Having said this, another disappointing turnout from The Purple and White aside from Sandusky game. Not sure homeside was even a 1/3 full. This seems like a special group of Little Giants. They should deserve the support.

Agree...their rebuilding has been paying off. They are definitely the team to watch this season.
Coach Long made the controversial decision to start Holmes as a freshman. He took a lot of heat for that. They went 1-9.

Findlay could be doing the same thing. You just gotta take your lumps and hope the payoff is big.

I give the Student Section credit; they're an enthusiastic bunch. They certainly gave Sandusky the business last week when Streaks arrived to field for pregame warmups

Having said this, another disappointing turnout from The Purple and White aside from Sandusky game. Not sure homeside was even a 1/3 full. This seems like a special group of Little Giants. They should deserve the support.
One word. COVID. Lots of folks are choosing to stay home and not expose themselves.

One word. COVID. Lots of folks are choosing to stay home and not expose themselves.
Yes and no. Fremont has always had an aging fan base. There is also a LOT of unhappy fans with the new policy of online ticket sales only. Until Ross can get the younger fans out to the game it’s going to stay like this.

I will say though that you see this almost everywhere just not in Fremont. ??‍♂️

CCHS' first half against St Ed looking better and better as long as the remember they did that with brute force, not smarts. Now get smart. If they can teach that seconday some football, figure out the what's causing problem with the running game, they can be very very good. Rematch against Benedictine (as I said on that thread) will be a different animal.

CCHS' first half against St Ed looking better and better as long as the remember they did that with brute force, not smarts. Now get smart. If they can teach that seconday some football, figure out the what's causing problem with the running game, they can be very very good. Rematch against Benedictine (as I said on that thread) will be a different animal.
They've just been rolling it out for 15 years with the DBs...straight press man, out-dude you football. I'm not convinced they could drum up a defensive coverage scheme outside of that if they tried after this long honestly (and do they need to for 13 weeks of the year? Probably not).

Last edited:
Who was Findlay’s OC last yr? They put points on board last yr with same bunch of kids. I watched the Perrysburg game that was bad. But haven’t seen them since. Fremont has got rolling rt now! Saw them against Sandusky. They are fun to watch! Why doesn’t Findlay do what Fremont is doing same type of personal.

Anyone thinking Findlay@Whitmer be an interesting game? Or, an assumed Panther (easy) dub?
I think that'll be the first game all year where Whitmer's line isn't 3 inches taller and 30lbs heavier than their opponents on each side of the ball and they'll have to rely on preps and gameplan instead of out-bodying people. Should be a fun one for sure.

Lima beating SJJ took the "givens" out of my vocabulary. If the league ball is not good this year, then at least it's balanced not good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.