2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakwood quarterback Keon Wright is a transfer from fairmont
4.4 burner
Took over for injured qb
Milton never saw this coming
Complete blindside
Not a blind side at all. Milton made too many mistakes and had too many mental lapses to beat them. Oakwood is a dangerous team to anyone playing them. They are fast. Problem now is that they exposed him... I'm sure Valley View was watching. Should be a great game next week. Wasn't a shocker to me at all. Oakwood typically plays Milton tough.

Not a blind side at all. Milton made too many mistakes and had too many mental lapses to beat them. Oakwood is a dangerous team to anyone playing them. They are fast. Problem now is that they exposed him... I'm sure Valley View was watching. Should be a great game next week. Wasn't a shocker to me at all. Oakwood typically plays Milton tough.
Come on bless
Oakwood has been pretty bad for a handful of years now , and wasn’t looking to hottest this year first 2 weeks . That was a shocker

Well Monroe wasn’t going to stop Western Brown from scoring. They haven’t seen a passing attack like that in a while. I think Mullins and co figured if they pooch kick it they’d get the ball back faster and we could get our offense on the field quicker. Monroe’s secondary is obviously a weakness but they saw WBs main weakness is their run defense. We went for 2 every time to figure we could go up on em a few points and keep the game a few points ahead of WB. Our offensive line was the difference maker. We were able to run right over them. Mullins and his staff had good confidence in our OL to move right down the field. Whoever Monroe’s OL coach is I have to applaud him greatly for him and Mullins work. I think we are finally seeing on OL built for the triple option to be successful. End of the day a wins a w

i’m going to be the first to admit i was extremely wrong about Monroe. my apologies. this looks to be a team that will legitimately push Bellbrook and could win a playoff game or two. would be one of the greatest turnarounds in recent memory, in my opinion. they beat WB at their own game last noght

i’m going to be the first to admit i was extremely wrong about Monroe. my apologies. this looks to be a team that will legitimately push Bellbrook and could win a playoff game or two. would be one of the greatest turnarounds in recent memory, in my opinion. they beat WB at their own game last noght
Monroe’s defense must be god awful. I can only imagine how many points Bellbrook would hang on Monroe. BB’s defense is by far a million times better than WB. That’s a lot of wishful thinking you have there bud.

Monroe’s defense must be god awful. I can only imagine how many points Bellbrook would hang on Monroe. BB’s defense is by far a million times better than WB. That’s a lot of wishful thinking you have there bud.
Monroe has a decent run defense but their pass defense is a big concern. But in turn we haven’t played a team with a passing attack like WB. Monroe kept pooch kicking the ball at midfield. I think it was part of their game plan to basically keep WB from going down field and chewing up clock. I didn’t expect them to stop WBs passing game. It was basically who could out score the other.

Last edited:
River rivalry renewed next week. Carlisle vs Franklin. Anyone seen Carlisle in person and have an opinion on how they think the game will go? I’m going to say 13-7 Franklin with no knowledge on the Indians. I just know Franklin has a good defense and an offense that really struggles.

Monroe has a decent run defense but their pass defense is a big concern. But in turn we haven’t played a team with a passing attack like WB. Monroe kept pooch kicking the ball at midfield. I think it was part of their game plan to basically keep WB from going down field and chewing up clock. I didn’t expect them to stop WBs passing game. It was basically who could out score the other.
More like give them the ball knowing WB is going to score so why tire your own D by kicking long. Kick it short and get the offense back out after WB scores in a couple plays. It worked

Bellbrook will be the best team they see all year . The eagles play as good of team defense as anyone in the region , and have played arguably the toughest ooc schedule of anyone in the league in tipp , badin and Tecumseh.
Bellbrook is picking up where they left off last year . Congrats to Monroe and the growth it’s great to see but to say your going to push bb after giving up 55+ to wb is a head scratcher .
good luck the rest of the way tho

Clinton Massie gave up 50+ last year to this team and I guess I’d ask Ross if Monroe’s D is any good ?‍♂️
Ross is not Ross of last year , let’s not get that twisted or get carried away here Ross graduated essentially everyone that helped them on their way to a regional run .
astonishing

Ross is not Ross of last year , let’s not get that twisted or get carried away here Ross graduated essentially everyone that helped them on their way to a regional run .
astonishing
True but I would caution not to sleep on Monroe. One thing BB struggles with is team d against the triple as evidenced last year against Ross. and Monroe has the size and power to move BB. Monroe is a mirror image of Ross last year. Not saying Monroe will blow their doors off like Ross did but they will most certainly challenge. Remember they are only trying to get 3 yards. I would expect BB to change their d from last year against the triple because it did little to nothing.

Bellbrook will be the best team they see all year . The eagles play as good of team defense as anyone in the region , and have played arguably the toughest ooc schedule of anyone in the league in tipp , badin and Tecumseh.
Bellbrook is picking up where they left off last year . Congrats to Monroe and the growth it’s great to see but to say your going to push bb after giving up 55+ to wb is a head scratcher .
good luck the rest of the way tho
Bellbrook is the clear favorite and i think they win by 2 scores over Monroe but i have no reasons to doubt Monroe anymore. they beat what i expect to be a very good Western Brown team at their own game. Monroe scored 66 points. Ross isn’t who they were but is still a very solid team.

Status
Not open for further replies.