2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is hoser? I’m curious on what people’s thoughts are on the Franklin vs Edgewood matchup this week. My money is on Edgewood, but I don’t know anything about their squad this year. Franklin shocked me last week, it’s hard to put my finger on what they really are.

WEEK 3 PREDICTIONS-

WAYNESVILLE @ BLANCHESTER

BELLBROOK @ TECUMSEH

FRANKLIN VS EDGEWOOD

MONROE VS WESTERN BROWN

OAKWOOD VS MILTON UNION

BROOKVILLE VS BETHEL

CARLISLE @ NORTHRIDGE

EATON @ TALAWANDA

VALLEY VIEW VS ROSS

MADISON @ UPPER SCIOTO VALLEY

Where is hoser? I’m curious on what people’s thoughts are on the Franklin vs Edgewood matchup this week. My money is on Edgewood, but I don’t know anything about their squad this year. Franklin shocked me last week, it’s hard to put my finger on what they really are.
Franklin scored 28 of their points in 2nd quarter against creek, they had a pick 6 and a punt return for a TD. im not sold on offense yet.their defense will keep them competitive most games. I don't know much about Edgewood

Yes
Franklin scored 28 of their points in 2nd quarter against creek, they had a pick 6 and a punt return for a TD. im not sold on offense yet.their defense will keep them competitive most games. I don't know much about Edgewood

Bevercreek is as bad as it gets in the Miami valley baring any division / conference
Hold your popcorn
It’ll get better
You’ll know
More in a few weeks

Bevercreek is the hottest of hot garbage

Bevercreek is as bad as it gets in the Miami valley baring any division / conference
Hold your popcorn
It’ll get better
You’ll know
More in a few weeks

Bevercreek is the hottest of hot garbage

BELLBROOK @ TECUMSEH
FRANKLIN VS EDGEWOOD
MONROE VS WESTERN BROWN
OAKWOOD VS MILTON UNION
BROOKVILLE
VS BETHEL
CARLISLE @ NORTHRIDGE
EATON @ TALAWANDA
VALLEY VIEW VS ROSS

Waynesville 2-0 is a huge surprise to me. I thought it would be a down year. But new head coach has that defense playing with a huge swagger. Have only given up 3 pts all year including their scrimmage. Expecting big things the rest of the year

Thanks Bucknut, that adds up. I was unable to go to the game Saturday and from what I saw against Fenwick, it was mind boggling to see that they scored at all. The D/ST will have to continue to do that but I’m hoping they find an offensive identity.

The question about Tecumseh...can they go through the second half without an injury time out for cramps every third play. Also, heard they have lost two RBs to leg/ankle injuries...
I would have the same question about Monroe after last week. In the second half they had kids going down like a......well lets just say there was over 12 stops for cramps and little dings only to have the kids come back in a play or two later. How will they hold up chasing Western Brown all over the field? I still think Monroe is an underrated team, just need to toughen up a bit.

WEEK 3 PREDICTIONS-

BELLBROOK @ TECUMSEH

FRANKLIN VS EDGEWOOD

MONROE VS WESTERN BROWN

OAKWOOD VS MILTON UNION

BROOKVILLE
VS BETHEL

CARLISLE @ NORTHRIDGE

EATON
@ TALAWANDA

VALLEY VIEW VS ROSS

If Madison travels that far and gets beat by a D7 team things are going to get ugly at that school. Maybe they fire the coach and go 5 coaches in 5 years what a mess.

If Madison travels that far and gets beat by a D7 team things are going to get ugly at that school. Maybe they fire the coach and go 5 coaches in 5 years what a mess.
I think the travel might hurt them, especially with all the young guys they are playing. Those long bus rides can be a distraction for those freshman and sophomores.

I would have the same question about Monroe after last week. In the second half they had kids going down like a......well lets just say there was over 12 stops for cramps and little dings only to have the kids come back in a play or two later. How will they hold up chasing Western Brown all over the field? I still think Monroe is an underrated team, just need to toughen up a bit.
Luckily for Monroe, it's not going to be hot tomorrow so cramps shouldn't be an issue. That said, a 6'6" gunslinger who averages 300+ a game and 12 TDs in 2 games is an issue.

Monroe will keep things close as they’re very competitive but they haven’t seen a passing attack like WB and probably won’t the rest of year. what a turnaround going from a team who always runs to playing a team that always passes

Monroe will keep things close as they’re very competitive but they haven’t seen a passing attack like WB and probably won’t the rest of year. what a turnaround going from a team who always runs to playing a team that always passes
Agree, that has to be hard to prepare. I would think they love preparing for Ross because they are mirror images of each other, then BOOM...right into the spread. What a nightmare for a coach

I hope Madison gives this guy at least four years to prove himself. They need some consistency. Still boggles my mind that they turned down Steve Poff who has the most wins in Madison history. The new coach seems to be doing the right things and holding the players accountable for their actions. He's playing a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores- people shouldn't expect a lot of wins.

I hope Madison gives this guy at least four years to prove himself. They need some consistency. Still boggles my mind that they turned down Steve Poff who has the most wins in Madison history. The new coach seems to be doing the right things and holding the players accountable for their actions. He's playing a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores- people shouldn't expect a lot of wins.
Sounds like Madison’s administration don’t flat out care about the football team having any chance of success. Really bad politics and favoritism is the vide I get.

Sounds like Madison’s administration don’t flat out care about the football team having any chance of success. Really bad politics and favoritism is the vide I get.
There's a new Superintendent and HS Principal this year, hopefully things get back on track. Both seasoned employees with experience outside the district.

I think the travel might hurt them, especially with all the young guys they are playing. Those long bus rides can be a distraction for those freshman and sophomores.
It looks like Madison will be without the 2 seniors ejected from week 1 again this week. A couple other upper classmen out due to quarantine, a tall task for the underclassmen this week even if it is a D7 opponent.

There's a new Superintendent and HS Principal this year, hopefully things get back on track. Both seasoned employees with experience outside the district.
Maybe that will help. Just a shame a good coach like Jesse Hubbard I think is his name either got ran off or took another job. Ya feel bad for the kids because they want continuaty with a good coach and system in place not have a new coach every year. Same way at Monroe when I was in school 2008-2012. We had a really I mean really good coach in Ken Meibers and that ole witch lollipop ran him off and in came Brett Stubbs who wasn’t worth a crap coaching the team. I don’t like to bad mouth a coach but he wasn’t committed to putting a system in place to make the team successful. Did whatever his superiors told him. Anyone could coach circles around him. Hopefully Madison works things out. Really wish we played them every year. Always a fun rivalry. 13-17 in 3 years. But we didn’t have a lot of talent for about 4 years.

Last edited:
Madison is really going to struggle the next few years. They have very few linemen in their program and most of them are seniors. On positive side, superintendent change was needed. A couple of parents had her in their back pocket and destroyed the program.

Maybe that will help. Just a shame a good coach like Jesse Hubbard I think is his name either got ran off or took another job. Ya feel bad for the kids because they want continuaty with a good coach and system in place not have a new coach every year. Same way at Monroe when I was in school 2008-2012. We had a really I mean really good coach in Ken Meibers and that ole witch lollipop ran him off and in came Brett Stubbs who wasn’t worth a crap coaching the team. I don’t like to bad mouth a coach but he wasn’t committed to putting a system in place to make the team successful. Did whatever his superiors told him. Anyone could coach circles around him. Hopefully Madison works things out. Really wish we played them every year. Always a fun rivalry. 13-17 in 3 years. But we didn’t have a lot of talent for about 4 years.
Stubbs is a good football coach, just wasn't a great head football coach. Takes a different mentality to be the head coach. A lot of really good coaches out there that just aren't built to be the head ball coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.