2021 Family Christmas Gatherings

Fauci just announced that it’s “too soon to tell” if Americans will be able to gather with their families for Christmas this year.

I, for one, support him. We must do everything possible to flatten the curve. Remember, we’re all in this together.
I can see this in a Comic Strip. ROTFLMAO!

The CDC estimates that an average of 36,000 people died of the flu each year over the past decade. The worst recent flu season was 2017-2018, when 61,000 people died from the flu. Around 22,000 people died of the flu during the shorter 2019-2020 season — the second lowest death total in the past 10 years, after the 12,000 flu deaths in the 2011-2012 season.
Since not everyone sick with the flu visits a doctor, and not all flu deaths occur in the hospital, the CDC uses mathematical modeling based on its surveillance data to estimate the total number of illnesses and deaths. This model considers factors like testing frequency, the likelihood of seeking medical care, and underreporting on death certificates. The flu can lead to death by pneumonia, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease — in which case flu testing may occur too late or not at all. According to the CDC, “only counting deaths where influenza was recorded on a death certificate would be a gross underestimation of influenza’s true impact.”

you never even gave flu a second thought before March 2020. A respiratory virus similar to COVID.
The CDC cannot even give you a COVID like number because as stated above flu cases and death go unreported in most cases.
715k death cant be wrong.. they cant all be right either. You will never know how many of those 715k are misdiagnosed.
All you have to do is look at the normal number and percentage of people that die each year. Significant greater number did in 2020 and here again in 2021 than normal. Take the worst flu of 61,000 and Covid is like 5 years and 10 years for normal years. There were still the 36k-40k that died of flu other than Covid.

We are just very fortunate that this did not attack kids as badly as some dp.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
The American epidemic that never ends.

According to the National Institutes of Health, obesity and overweight together are the second leading cause of preventable death in the United States, close behind tobacco use (3). An estimated 300,000 deaths per year are due to the obesity epidemic (57).

According to the National Institutes of Health, obesity and overweight together are the second leading cause of preventable death in the United States, close behind tobacco use (3). An estimated 300,000 deaths per year are due to the obesity epidemic (57).
The government must mandate diet to say us from ourselves.

Didn't stop the 26 of us last year and won't stop us this year.

Does anyone still pay attention to that bag of rocks?
1 Peter 2:13 "submit yourselves for the Lords sake to every human authority "....

It's kind of like the speed limit. I drive as posted but people get mad at me for driving so slow.

I think it poor taste, but right now out of respect for Fauci we are not planning on getting together for Christmas. Fortunately he said nothing about the day before or day after, so we will probably not get together until Sunday the 26th, unless Fauci decides were ok to gather.

What a great post this is. We have alot of people die each year from alot of self inflicted health issues. Imagine if we had people pay attention to their weight as much as anything else? And it's only going to get worse because we have less manual labor jobs, each generation is better off and less inclined to worry about their appearance. Ever see any fat people from 3rd world countries? Yet here the poor are largely overweight and unhealthy, mainly due to their own transgressions.

Did you not read the initial OP?

Fauci says it is too soon to say if WE CAN GET TOGETHER FOR CHRISTMAS or not. So, for those who believe we should honor government and submit to their authority, we have Christmas on hold as we speak.

He means safely with little concern for spread (esp. among unvaxxed) but you already knew that. That matters to some people, to others it doesn't.

Don't be such a snowflake that not everyone wants to join your little cult.

We got together safely last year with family and friends. You mean you didn't?
Same. We have 26 at our parents house, no masks, and even Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause showed up.
We have literally done nothing different than we have in the past other than a family vacation that got canned because the place didnt rent out the houses last summer.

Pretty much my point, most of you liberals have no faith in God so why celebrate Christmas?
I believe in God. I'm just not a jacka** that thinks they are better than anybody else just because they do or thinks their God is better than any other.

I believe in God. I'm just not a jacka** that thinks they are better than anybody else just because they do or thinks their God is better than any other.

Well said. My God plays a supportive role in our healing and with our doctors, as we combat this evil virus and other diseases and try to help one another. As Jesus did. Other people's God tells them differently, including many to emphatically NOT take the vaccine. Which seems odd to me. Oh well to each their own.