2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Did see Burrow sitting in the new uniform and could see a scar on his knee. Need to protect him...
“What? Nah, they’ve got Riley Reiff and Jonah Williams, how could you not feel confident in those two. Plus, OL is boring, they don’t score TDs, so who cares?”- majority of Bengals’ fans

“What? Nah, they’ve got Riley Reiff and Jonah Williams, how could you not feel confident in those two. Plus, OL is boring, they don’t score TDs, so who cares?”- majority of Bengals’ fans

not really Bengals fans....more mike Brown and fam

Need a line first

This is somewhat ironic for the Bengals to have a weak line, since Paul Brown said that you start to build a team around an offensive line, which is why the very first choice in Bengals' history was:

Bob Johnson

The Bengals' first draft selection was Bob Johnson, a center from the University of Tennessee.

This is somewhat ironic for the Bengals to have a weak line, since Paul Brown said that you start to build a team around an offensive line, which is why the very first choice in Bengals' history was:

Bob Johnson

The Bengals' first draft selection was Bob Johnson, a center from the University of Tennessee.
I wonder what changed his thinking?

As a Vikings fan I can tell you Reiff is nothing to get excited about. Sewell or Slater in the draft would be a great move for Burrow and the Bengals.

Reiff gave up 11 fewer sacks over the last three years than Bobby Hart. Hart was actually much better last year in that regard than his previous two years, but the image that comes to most people's minds of Bobby Hart is a turnstile between a pass rusher and the QB.

Sewell should be the pick as you potentially get a decade or more if things go well with him and Williams bookending the offensive line. That pick seems to be getting some more traction over the last week as mock drafts have been increasingly refined by the so-called experts and insiders, but with Mike Brown I'll believe it when it happens.

Sounds like it’s going to be Chase, not surprised they’re making the stupid pick.

Sounds like it’s going to be Chase, not surprised they’re making the stupid pick.
This pick isnt stupid until we see the entire draft. Lot of OL talent in the draft this year.

Remember.. people gave the Bengals praise after selecting Ogbuehi, Fischer and Price. Maybe i have too much PTSD with the recent OL selections in the first round, but I am on Team Chase. Only if the Bengals take a few OL in the draft that is..

Chase in round 1 is fine, there are plenty of quality OL that can help and be had in the 2nd round. That said, I still think the OL is the pick. Or maybe even trade back, acquire some picks and grab Slater, or one of Sewell, Pitts or Chase will fall. Supposedly, there is plenty of buzz regarding teams wanting to move up.

This pick isnt stupid until we see the entire draft. Lot of OL talent in the draft this year.

Remember.. people gave the Bengals praise after selecting Ogbuehi, Fischer and Price. Maybe i have too much PTSD with the recent OL selections in the first round, but I am on Team Chase. Only if the Bengals take a few OL in the draft that is..

Yeah bc the last first Rd WR worked out really well for the Bengals. It’s much harder to find a stalwart LT outside of the first round than WR. There’s also plenty of talented WRs available in the 2nd round but nobody wants to hear it bc it’s not sexy to draft a Tackle at #5.

Chase in round 1 is fine, there are plenty of quality OL that can help and be had in the 2nd round. That said, I still think the OL is the pick. Or maybe even trade back, acquire some picks and grab Slater, or one of Sewell, Pitts or Chase will fall. Supposedly, there is plenty of buzz regarding teams wanting to move up.
No, it’s not fine. And you’re not looking for a quality plug & play OL at 5, you’re looking for Anthony Munoz or Willie Anderson.

I continue to refer the Chase people to this Tweet

1. I’m not a Chase guy, I’m on the lineman bandwagon.
2. Bengals have not had much luck with OL picks recently.

I’d honestly rather have Slater, so I’m in the trade back if you can boat.

And yes, Chase would be fine, coupled with an OL in round 2, yes that is absolutely fine. People act like they can’t find quality lineman unless it’s in the first round.

1. I’m not a Chase guy, I’m on the lineman bandwagon.
2. Bengals have not had much luck with OL picks recently.

I’d honestly rather have Slater, so I’m in the trade back if you can boat.

And yes, Chase would be fine, coupled with an OL in round 2, yes that is absolutely fine. People act like they can’t find quality lineman unless it’s in the first round.
I don’t want “quality”, I want a future all Pro protecting Burrow’s blind side. And again, it’s even more proven you can find “quality” WRs in RD 2

“But they can draft a linemen in Rd2. I don’t see the big deal, aren’t all OL positions interchangeable? LT, RT, G, who cares? You just have to block”- most Bengals fans
Where would you move Jonah if the Bengals drafted Sewell? Or would you move Sewell to guard like Kiper said during the pick?

Where would you move Jonah if the Bengals drafted Sewell? Or would you move Sewell to guard like Kiper said during the pick?
Eventually you move Williams to RT or G and Sewell to LT. Instead, the Bengals seem to want to rely on Williams permanently to protect Burrow’s blindside. That’s smart, since he’s never finished a full season. This is like insuring your Ferrari with Safe Auto.

Rieff to G, Sewell and Williams at tackle. Season isn't over if a tackle gets hurt
Rieff has played more at TE than G during his NFL tenure. Some guys can move across the Line with ease but it’s not as simple as viewing all of them as interchangeable

Rieff has played more at TE than G during his NFL tenure. Some guys can move across the Line with ease but it’s not as simple as viewing all of them as interchangeable

Picked Reiff to move to G because he said he was open to it, plus as a older vet could handle what defenses are doing since he has probably seen it.
Not to mention Reiff is on a one year contract

Picked Reiff to move to G because he said he was open to it, plus as a older vet could handle what defenses are doing since he has probably seen it.
Not to mention Reiff is on a one year contract
He’s open to anything at this point, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea

Is Darrisaw dropping? Not sure where he was slotted to go but might the Bengals trade back into the first round to get him. Otherwise, guys like Mayfiejd, Davis, Carmen and Eichenberg will be available in round 2. Either way you slice it, that’s a pretty good first 2 rounds.

I don’t think Sewell is the talent most think he is. I’ve read many scouts are not real high on him. I still wanted them to trade back and grab Slater, that was my ideal scenario for the Bengals.

While I’m fine with the Chase pick, the drop off in WR after the 1st 4-5 is more severe than the drop off in OL after the 1st 4-5. I’d be real disappointed if the 2nd round pick is not OL, unless a stud pass rusher is there.