2020 Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have to take an OL now. The interior of the line is garbage, plus there is no depth at tackle.

Maybe it's because I have been a Bengals fan for too long and am a pessimist, but after hearing Chase, all I could think was prima donna.

Offensive linemen still available :

Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State (6-6, 320 pounds)
Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas (6-7, 300 pounds)
Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan (6-5, 319 pounds)
Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State (6-4, 315 pounds)

Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame (6-6, 305 pounds)
Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State (6-6, 304 pounds)
Creed Humphrey, G/C, Oklahoma (6-4, 312 pounds)
Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson (6-5, 345 pounds)

Trey Smith, G, Tennessee (6-5, 330 pounds)

Is Darrisaw dropping? Not sure where he was slotted to go but might the Bengals trade back into the first round to get him. Otherwise, guys like Mayfiejd, Davis, Carmen and Eichenberg will be available in round 2. Either way you slice it, that’s a pretty good first 2 rounds.

I don’t think Sewell is the talent most think he is. I’ve read many scouts are not real high on him. I still wanted them to trade back and grab Slater, that was my ideal scenario for the Bengals.

While I’m fine with the Chase pick, the drop off in WR after the 1st 4-5 is more severe than the drop off in OL after the 1st 4-5. I’d be real disappointed if the 2nd round pick is not OL, unless a stud pass rusher is there.
That’s bc you don’t find premier LTs after RD 1. There’s good interior OL available and some RTs, but I don’t trust a guy who can’t stay healthy to protect Burrow.

Chase will make the all-rookie team.
Bengals bask in the glow of mediocrity.
Bengals all Bengally.
Yeah, Chase is a stud, I have no doubt about him as a player, but I’m focused on what the Bengals needed as a team and it wasn’t WR

The Bengals have to take an OL now. The interior of the line is garbage, plus there is no depth at tackle.

Maybe it's because I have been a Bengals fan for too long and am a pessimist, but after hearing Chase, all I could think was prima donna.
Most star WRs are to some extent. AJ Green was an exception to the rule.

Offensive linemen still available :

Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State (6-6, 320 pounds)
Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas (6-7, 300 pounds)
Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan (6-5, 319 pounds)
Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State (6-4, 315 pounds)

Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame (6-6, 305 pounds)
Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State (6-6, 304 pounds)
Creed Humphrey, G/C, Oklahoma (6-4, 312 pounds)
Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson (6-5, 345 pounds)

Trey Smith, G, Tennessee (6-5, 330 pounds)
Jenkins if he’s available is the best pick, if not, maybe Wyatt Davis. I’m an ND fan, but I don’t think Eichenberg is that good, at least not for being a RD 2 pick.

Bengals picking Ohio St OL since 2000
Only 3, Fragel was only a flyer; but the other 2 are busts; I don't know if it is overrating Ohio St linemen because of it's competition or Bengal talent evaluators. Ohio St defensive players are good, but recent history indicates Bengals are terrible overall at picking OL. Sewell in the first or a someone almost as good* in the 2nd seems to be Bengal way
* :ROFLMAO:

2019 4th rd Jordan G
2018 1st rd Price G-C
2013 7th rd Reid Fragel T

Jenkins in the 2nd would be fine, Carman in the 3rd would be great.

That’s bc you don’t find premier LTs after RD 1. There’s good interior OL available and some RTs, but I don’t trust a guy who can’t stay healthy to protect Burrow.

No, but they are still going to find a quality OL or 2 in the next 2 rounds. With Pollard back as OL coach, quality is all you need and the coach should elevate him to the next level.

Tevan Jenkins Round 2
Joseph Assai Round 3

or

Joseph Assai Round 2
Jackson Carmen/Wyatt Davis Round 3

I'd be happy with that.

Bengals picking Ohio St OL since 2000
Only 3, Fragel was only a flyer; but the other 2 are busts; I don't know if it is overrating Ohio St linemen because of it's competition or Bengal talent evaluators. Ohio St defensive players are good, but recent history indicates Bengals are terrible overall at picking OL. Sewell in the first or a someone almost as good* in the 2nd seems to be Bengal way
* :ROFLMAO:

2019 4th rd Jordan G
2018 1st rd Price G-C
2013 7th rd Reid Fragel T

Jenkins in the 2nd would be fine, Carman in the 3rd would be great.
LOL competition OSU plays ? Plenty of very good BIG o - lineman in the NFL including Corey Linsley maybe the best center in the NFL. Bengals should have never let Pollack go, a good position coach is very important esp. in the NFL.

No, but they are still going to find a quality OL or 2 in the next 2 rounds. With Pollard back as OL coach, quality is all you need and the coach should elevate him to the next level.
Than just pick a wr in the 2nd rd. A good coach should be able to elevate him to the next level.

Than just pick a wr in the 2nd rd. A good coach should be able to elevate him to the next level.

There is 1 X receiver left in Rd 2 and a ton of good lineman. The Bengals will hit an absolute HR if they somehow get Jenkins to pair with Chase. Lots of good WR left as well but they are all slot guys that the Benglas don't need.

I wonder how many Patriots fans said "who is this Tom Brady dude, we already have a QB, what a wasted pick"

There is 1 X receiver left in Rd 2 and a ton of good lineman. The Bengals will hit an absolute HR if they somehow get Jenkins to pair with Chase. Lots of good WR left as well but they are all slot guys that the Benglas don't need.

This. The drop off from the top WR to the next tier is more significant than the drop from the top OL to the next tier. Plus, Sewel actually was not the prospect many thought he was months ago. There is question about the ceiling he has compared to some others. Slater was the guy I wanted but I'm fine with the Chase pick. Reiff, healthy linemen from last year, Pollack and a early round draft pick or two will significantly upgrade the O-line. Plus, OL would have received more of a consideration if Pollack was hell bent on someone. It sounds like the Bengals didn't consider Sewel much at all. It's likely Pollack sees someone he thinks has more upside they can grab tonight. There is no way the Bengals front office cannot consider O-line an area of need after last year. I fully expect them to grab 1, maybe 2 tonight.

I wonder how many Patriots fans said "who is this Tom Brady dude, we already have a QB, what a wasted pick"

Doubt there was one Patriot fan that thought a 6th rd pick on a QB [or any other position] was wasted- it was a 6th rd pick

Last edited:
Marshall isn’t a Slot WR, nor is Dayami Brown. All of your theory (and many others) hinges on Jonah Williams and he’s not shown anything up to this point that makes me think he’s the LT of the future.

Marshall isn’t a Slot WR, nor is Dayami Brown. All of your theory (and many others) hinges on Jonah Williams and he’s not shown anything up to this point that makes me think he’s the LT of the future.
He’s 23 years old ??

Bengals trade pick to NE
Bengals get 14th in 2nd rd and 17th & 34th pick in rd 4

Last edited:
T Jackson Carman; Clemson, most scouts say he is better suited as a G in the NFL
Local, played at Fairfield HS

What a terrible pick. They could've gotten this guy in the 3rd Round. Paul Brown's Grown up kum strikes again.

T Jackson Carman; Clemson, most scouts say he is better suited as a G in the NFL
Local, played at Fairfield HS

If Bengals wanted a Guard they should have taken Kraemer. Bengals must really like Carman and think he can make an impact somewhere on the O Line.