2 Springfield vs 7 fairmont rematch

Who wins

• Springfield

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Fairmont

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters
They are. They don't believe in passing the baton to fellow GWOC schools. If they can't have it all, then no one else should either. I can honestly say anytime a league school sent a team to State in any sport, going back to Centerville football's playoff run in 1991, I always rooted for them to win. It's high time the Dayton area started winning D1 state football titles. Even better if multiple GWOC schools won them. But Wayne fans don't see it that way. They just see their glass as empty and wallow in self pity. It's a shame.
Same here. They act just like Browns/TTUN fans. ROTFLMAO!

Apparantly you've never been to Centerville Stadium during a clash of top 10 state rated teams where the league championship is on the line. Also sounds like you've never seen or heard the CJB. They have been Grand National Champions. Schondelmyer is quite familiar with both though. You might wanna check out his stats from that game. Then, you should just admit you're an SHS hater who makes up s*** out of thin air.
At this point all the pressure is in SHS fairmont is playing with free money. That’s a lot for those young kids to live up to.

He acts like he has supervisory authority over everyone and we're all supposed to be accountable to him. Wayne's demise coupled with the success of other GWOC schools has really driven him over the edge. It's like the movie Taxi Driver.
Plus the Minton scandal. LOL!

At this point all the pressure is in SHS fairmont is playing with free money. That’s a lot for those young kids to live up to.
The pressure is on Fairmont to prove themselves. That it wasn't a "fluke" if you will. That they're not a one trick pony. But again, you really should check out Centerville Stadium sometime, especially for a big game. It gets pretty crowded and intense. Schondelmyer thrived off that atmosphere btw

The pressure is on Fairmont to prove themselves. That it wasn't a "fluke" if you well. That they're not a one trick pony. But again, you really should check out Centerville Stadium sometime, especially for a big game. It gets pretty crowded and intense. Schondelmyer thrived off that atmosphere btw
Games at Springfield though correct?

Youre talking about exceptions that happen every couple years. Im talking on average…..
I would think that it hurts the quarterbacks recruitment more than any other position. Very rarely do you see an option qb or a wing t qb get recruited for that position. Honestly, if I’m high school coach that runs that kind of offense, and I have a kid that is a stud qb, I would consider opening my offense up to play towards our strength. Just my opinion.

I would think that it hurts the quarterbacks recruitment more than any other position. Very rarely do you see an option qb or a wing t qb get recruited for that position. Honestly, if I’m high school coach that runs that kind of offense, and I have a kid that is a stud qb, I would consider opening my offense up to play towards our strength. Just my opinion.
Do you really think that coaches of programs that run all the time are going to change their system for a stud QB passing prospect ? Number one, they don't want that in their QB and a kid like that would have transferred to a school that would utilize his talent probably before the 10th grade or sooner.

Do you really think that coaches of programs that run all the time are going to change their system for a stud QB passing prospect ? Number one, they don't want that in their QB and a kid like that would have transferred to a school that would utilize his talent probably before the 10th grade or sooner.
I have seen it done before. It actually kept the kids from transferring. So…. Yes I think it can be done, and has been done before. Is it typical…probably not.

I might tweak it a little, but would not scrap the system, especially when the system IS our strength.

I might tweak it a little, but would not scrap the system, especially when the system IS our strength.
I’m not talking about scrapping it completely. What I mean by opening it up is take the wing t for instance. You can run the wing t out of shotgun. Same blocking schemes, same plays. The only difference is the hand offs are in front of the quarterback instead of behind. That leaves you the threat of throwing the ball as well.

That's my point. Springfield routinely sends kids D1 and Fairmont never has any of those kids but still beats Springfield. That is called coaching in my opinion. Fairmont has no business even competing with them.
Fairmont just has a great gameplan. Let’s run the ball every play, chew the clock and keep them off the field. Now if Fairmont came out in spread or 5 wide WRs this wouldn’t even be a debate. But since they have that unique offense that is pretty tough to stop they will always be in the conversation. You can beat Fairmont by doing the following.
1. Get them in 3rd and long situations. 3rd and 7 and up is 3rd and long for them. And get off the field
2. Score on every possession
3. Cause turnovers and don’t turn the ball over.
4. Chew some clock. Go on long drives. or
5. Get up on them quick and make them play catch up. That will force them to throw the ball.

Yes the triple option is a system. It does not pigeon hole kids at all. Centerville ran the triple for 40 years and sent more kids to D1 colleges than perhaps any other school. How is that limiting opportunities? Ever heard of Calvin Johnson? He played at GT when Paul Johnson was there and ran the same offense.

Fairmont just has a great gameplan. Let’s run the ball every play, chew the clock and keep them off the field. Now if Fairmont came out in spread or 5 wide WRs this wouldn’t even be a debate. But since they have that unique offense that is pretty tough to stop they will always be in the conversation. You can beat Fairmont by doing the following.
1. Get them in 3rd and long situations. 3rd and 7 and up is 3rd and long for them. And get off the field
2. Score on every possession
3. Cause turnovers and don’t turn the ball over.
4. Chew some clock. Go on long drives. or
5. Get up on them quick and make them play catch up. That will force them to throw the ball.
The thing is Springfield had the lead late. A reverse double pass on 3rd and forever to where the first pass was dropped the kid gets nailed as he makes the 2nd pass just so happens a busted coverage and a Fairmont kid was 25 yards down the field wide open. To me that flat out deflated Springfield and gave Fairmont all the energy 2 plays later Fairmont is in the endzone and has a 3 point lead. Next kickoff the ball dies at the 1 yard line instead of going into the endzone. End of the game was a perfect storm and Fairmont took advantage of it

The thing is Springfield had the lead late. A reverse double pass on 3rd and forever to where the first pass was dropped the kid gets nailed as he makes the 2nd pass just so happens a busted coverage and a Fairmont kid was 25 yards down the field wide open. To me that flat out deflated Springfield and gave Fairmont all the energy 2 plays later Fairmont is in the endzone and has a 3 point lead. Next kickoff the ball dies at the 1 yard line instead of going into the endzone. End of the game was a perfect storm and Fairmont took advantage of it
I know I was there. Fairmont got a lot of breaks that game. Not saying Fairmont didn’t play good cause they did. But every ball bounced their way. I stated it on another post. I’ve never seen a ball land on the 1 yard line bounce straight in the air and land on the 1 yard line. It was amazing to see. Block FG that landed right in the kid arms and went for a TD. So overall that Lost was meant to happen. It needed to happen

Yes the triple option is a system. It does not pigeon hole kids at all. Centerville ran the triple for 40 years and sent more kids to D1 colleges than perhaps any other school. How is that limiting opportunities? Ever heard of Calvin Johnson? He played at GT when Paul Johnson was there and ran the same offense.
Centerville ran the triple option for 40 years 20-30 years ago. Back then tons of teams ran the same offense….Nebraska, GT, Colorado, even ND. There were tons of teams thats ran it therefore more systems for those high school kids to fit in. Now fast forward 30 years. That system is dead therefore there aren't as many opportunities. There are obviously exceptions here and there but overall it does hinder certain positions.

Apparantly you've never been to Centerville Stadium during a clash of top 10 state rated teams where the league championship is on the line. Also sounds like you've never seen or heard the CJB. They have been Grand National Champions. Schondelmyer is quite familiar with both though. You might wanna check out his stats from that game. Then, you should just admit you're an SHS hater who makes up s*** out of thin air.
Apparently. FYI
For future reference