(1-1) Massillon @ (2-0) Mansfield -

I have to presume that Massillon holds the advantage in each of the following categories:
O line
Front 7 on D
Receivers
Coaching
Depth

Mansfield is at home and has some skilled athletes. Maybe edge at QB to Tygers. But I don't think this should even be that close, especially if Tigers can hit some passes.

Too bad that this is 2022 and not 1922, in which case Massillon fans could take a train to Mansfield for the game. The tracks of the Chicago-New York main line of the Pennsylvania Railroad ran through Mansfield back then.

Oldtimers here in Toledo tell the story that the powerhouse Toledo Waite football teams of the 1910s and 1920s used to “charter” trains to away games in Indiana and Pennsylvania.

From the website, holytoledohistory.com, comes this: “Waite was a national high school football power in the 1920's and 30's, traveling as far as California. They were acclaimed to be the national high school football champion in 1924 and 1932. In 1927, they played away games on successive Fridays in Portland, Oregon and Portland, Maine. But here's the best part...the team traveled by train.”

So a question for historians of Massillon football teams. Did the Tigers ever travel by train to away games? Just curious.
Have heard of fans traveling to Altoona PA by train. Not sure if the team made it that way or not.
The Massillon-Altoona series started in 1964-68. Many Altoona fans travelled by train for the 1964 game in Massillon. The next year, Massillon fans also travelled by train to Altoona for the 1965 game. I don’t believe either fan base used train transportation after that.
In past years and decades, trains were used by many fan bases. The last time Massillon used this method was in 1965.

I’m completely out of the loop here, but what happened to the Freddie Lennix Jr kid? Is he not on the team anymore or hurt or what? I heard a different Mylin (spelling?) Lennix name called. That isn’t the same kid is it?

I’m completely out of the loop here, but what happened to the Freddie Lennix Jr kid? Is he not on the team anymore or hurt or what? I heard a different Mylin (spelling?) Lennix name called. That isn’t the same kid is it?
That’s his brother. Freddie was injured last week

Jalen isn’t throwing the ball over the top. His arm slot on some of these throws isn’t very good. Kid has some work to do.

He’s definitely struggling and I’m not exactly sure what it is. Probably a combination of things but he’s gotta get it together and start executing better
But you sure will throw your expert opinion out as to why that is 🙄
33 point win and Miss negative Nancy will be here to tell us all why it’s ridiculous that we didn’t win by 50.

The passing game showed a pulse, had a couple drops. Offense still needs A LOT OF WORK. Defense is playing well. DB’s seemed to actually cover people tonight. Still drives me nuts that Mansfield ran trips all night and 3 plays in a row threw to the slot because he was uncovered. We never even attempted to adjust. But good news it’s a win. Move on and get better.

I have to say I was not impressed with Massillon at all. Maybe I just expected to see way bigger Linemen and athletes. The QB looked terrible at best. The Oline looks very undersized for a program of Massillons caliber. The safeties and Corners were tiny. I can’t believe number 10 even steps on the field for Massillon. I knew Massillon would win just based off the fact that Mansfield has to many kids that have to go both ways. The overall size of Massillons players just wowed me with how small they were. Like I said I just expected to see much bigger players then what showed up. Also other then that first TD play Massillon really didnt do anything. Mansfield gave Massillon those other two TDs on bad punting. Take those away and Massillon had one big play the whole first half. In all reality this game was more of a 21-0 game not 33-0. Bad news is Massillon definitely isn’t winning a state championship this year thats for sure. Also do they not have a live tiger anymore?