“Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lose again. There was a fake account and both were frozen for a time until the fake was properly deleted. Are you just upset because you were running the fake?

lol I wasn't talking about the fake account. The screen shot I posted was from her actual account.

Then you started blubbering about the fake account, and now you're scrambling to save face because once again you went off half-cocked.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

They have not whined nearly as much. Plus, woman athletes can end this if they want. Not sure the majority of them care that much.
Because they’re scared of the TRA nuts. If they can make life difficult for JK Rowling, what do you think they’ll do to an 18-22 yr old woman who isn’t a billionaire?

Extreme righties don’t care about trans people. That is a laudable assertion. They think trans folks are an abomination much like they felt about biracial children post slavery and well into the last century.
Nobody is saying this person doesn’t have the right to exist. The issue is they’re infringing on the rights of others.

Judas Priest, if you warned people 5 years ago that this would happen you would have been labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist! My God when will conservatives and libertarians get it? You can't give in even an inch to these people. They are working to transform America into some kind of bizarre dystopia. And when we try to compromise with these people they just steamroll us to get to the next bit of craziness they're pushing.
I think you’re exaggerating, but that doesn’t change the fact this is an issue that has to be dealt with now before it continues to get out of hand.

Extreme righties don’t care about trans people. That is a laudable assertion. They think trans folks are an abomination much like they felt about biracial children post slavery and well into the last century.
Most of the posts I've read on the topic of Lia Thomas are not focused on on the fact that Lia is a biological male who identifies as a woman. The focus is on the fact that Lia shouldn't be able to compete against biological women because of the obvious physical advantage a biological male has. Even other trans women (ie, Caitlyn Jenner) have pointed out that it's wrong to allow biological males to compete with biological females - Don't you think an Olympic champion level biological male who now identifies as a woman would have highly relevant insight into the reality of this issue?

It's interesting you'd choose Renee Richards as an example that biological males competing with women is not a new issue (as if that makes it no big deal now). Since her playing days, Richards has reconsidered her position and agrees that being biologically male provided her with obvious advantages over her competitors, saying "I know if I'd had surgery at the age of 22, and then at 24 went on the tour, no genetic woman in the world would have been able to come close to me. And so I've reconsidered my opinion."

You've frequently stated that trans women competing with biological women isn't a big deal because it doesn't happen often. What if we start to see more and more of these cases pop up? Is there a point at which you'd agree this is wrong? What if Lia decides to stop sandbagging and goes all out, breaking a few women's world records (which Lia is clearly capable of doing based on her lifetime best swims)? Is it a big deal then, even if it is a low frequency cheat? Do we recognize those records as legitimate?

This isn't a question of old white males complaining (even though that is the popular thing to say these days), it's a very simple question of right and wrong... which is why people are unhappy that a large segment of our population is pretending that it's perfectly reasonable.

I don’t understand how Thomas doesn’t feel the least bit of shame.
He identifies as a woman.

200w.gif

Most of the posts I've read on the topic of Lia Thomas are not focused on on the fact that Lia is a biological male who identifies as a woman. The focus is on the fact that Lia shouldn't be able to compete against biological women because of the obvious physical advantage a biological male has. Even other trans women (ie, Caitlyn Jenner) have pointed out that it's wrong to allow biological males to compete with biological females - Don't you think an Olympic champion level biological male who now identifies as a woman would have highly relevant insight into the reality of this issue?

It's interesting you'd choose Renee Richards as an example that biological males competing with women is not a new issue (as if that makes it no big deal now). Since her playing days, Richards has reconsidered her position and agrees that being biologically male provided her with obvious advantages over her competitors, saying "I know if I'd had surgery at the age of 22, and then at 24 went on the tour, no genetic woman in the world would have been able to come close to me. And so I've reconsidered my opinion."

You've frequently stated that trans women competing with biological women isn't a big deal because it doesn't happen often. What if we start to see more and more of these cases pop up? Is there a point at which you'd agree this is wrong? What if Lia decides to stop sandbagging and goes all out, breaking a few women's world records (which Lia is clearly capable of doing based on her lifetime best swims)? Is it a big deal then, even if it is a low frequency cheat? Do we recognize those records as legitimate?

This isn't a question of old white males complaining (even though that is the popular thing to say these days), it's a very simple question of right and wrong... which is why people are unhappy that a large segment of our population is pretending that it's perfectly reasonable.
We could also focus on Thomas and what actually would represent good mental and physical health for him.

I hated endocrinology in school, but I strongly suspect that giving estrogen to men and testosterone to women has some short and long term effects that are not good.

On the mental/affective side we have someone with the conflict between their feelings and a biological reality. We also have the stress of the reality of a man competing with women and the inherent injustice it represents. Thomas has to cope with that.

I hate to say it, but this has "man found dead alone in cheap motel room" written all over it as the ending. Hope I'm wrong for his sake.

We could also focus on Thomas and what actually would represent good mental and physical health for him.

I hated endocrinology in school, but I strongly suspect that giving estrogen to men and testosterone to women has some short and long term effects that are not good.

On the mental/affective side we have someone with the conflict between their feelings and a biological reality. We also have the stress of the reality of a man competing with women and the inherent injustice it represents. Thomas has to cope with that.

I hate to say it, but this has "man found dead alone in cheap motel room" written all over it as the ending. Hope I'm wrong for his sake.
Great points IVCguy! News stories from the left-leaning media like to point out whenever Lia loses to a biological female as if that were evidence that there is no unfair advantage (ie, men = women physically). They fail to consider how much pressure Lia is under. I think it's reasonable to believe that trans women athletes know they are biologically male and that they do have a considerable advantage over biological females. This has to color their joy at competing and any successes they have (ie, lots of guilt at some point). At the highest levels of human endeavor (not just sports) being even the tiniest bit off mentally/emotionally can affect performance. Lia could conceivably "lose" races to high-level biological female athletes if that balance was too far out of whack. It's also reasonable to assume that Lia could sandbag a bit because "losing" will allow the media to do what it does, thereby taking the focus off of her natural advantages. No matter how you look at it, this has to be tremendously difficult for everyone involved (including Lia) and I too hope that this story doesn't have a tragic ending. The simple solution is for the governing bodies of these sports to do their job and not allow this nonsense to continue.

Judas Priest, if you warned people 5 years ago that this would happen you would have been labelled a crazy conspiracy theorist! My God when will conservatives and libertarians get it? You can't give in even an inch to these people. They are working to transform America into some kind of bizarre dystopia. And when we try to compromise with these people they just steamroll us to get to the next bit of craziness they're pushing.
Warn people of what? Transgender in sports. It happened 50 years ago. WTF.

Biracial children didn't have their choice of parents.

People pretending to be a gender that they are not is kind of sick. Scratch "kind of".
I’m not talking about how they see themselves. I am talking about how you see them.

I don’t understand how Thomas doesn’t feel the least bit of shame.
No doubt.

What kind of real athlete disrespects the good work of a so-called competitor, by that extreme an advantage ? How self-absorbed and self-aggrandizing does some PoS have to be to have no empathy for another in such a pure sport ? It borders on the socio-pathic, at an emotional level.

And some among us celebrate this delusional wretch. As if it was like letting the Downs team manager drain a few tre's in his final year. These girls spend YEARS training, just to have a shim step in front of them at the finish line. It's obscene. If I had a daughter I'd be at every league meeting trying to head the BS off.

Moral degradation begins in the Ivy League every time, one way or another

Last edited:
No doubt.

What kind of real athlete disrespects the good work of a so-called competitor, by that extreme an advantage ? How self-absorbed and self-aggrandizing does some PoS have to be to have no empathy for another in such a pure sport ? It borders on the socio-pathic, at an emotional level.

And some among us celebrate this delusional wretch. As if it was like letting the Downs team manager drain a few tre's in his final year. These girls spend YEARS training, just to have a shim step in front of them at the finish line. It's obscene. If I had a daughter I'd be at every league meeting trying to head the BS off.

Moral degradation begins in the Ivy League every time, one way or another
IDK about that, but anyone who isn’t a sociopath would feel embarrassed by doing this.

Warn people of what? Transgender in sports. It happened 50 years ago. WTF.
And it went away for 45 years. Only an idiot would think this is ok. You don’t have to care about a sport to call bs. Nobody in America gives a damn about the Tour De France, but we can still think Lance Armstrong is a POS cheater.

Adidas manages to outwoke Nike not realizing that doesn’t work when you have an inferior product.

Yah, I have to try them on. Don't care what brand they say.

Most marketing people are a-holes pushing a freak show. As you kids take over, it all seems to suck harder.

Girls softball organization says only assigned-at-birth females can participate in league

View attachment 27961
Amazed that this is the first organization to take this stand.
I guess the next move is for the Democrats to go after their 501(c) status by Weaponizing the IRS ? Hopefully not, but hopefully well publicized if they do. That would be the E.S.G. mindset though.

I know some state legislatures have already tried to head off ESG, I think 23 or so states already, but I haven’t really looked at any details.

Here we go -

Symbolic vetoes from cowards making headines

Here we go -

Symbolic vetoes from cowards making headines
They will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.