“Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
1648302596062.png

And it went away for 45 years. Only an idiot would think this is ok. You don’t have to care about a sport to call bs. Nobody in America gives a damn about the Tour De France, but we can still think Lance Armstrong is a POS cheater.
It did not go away for 45 years. It been happening ever since.

Kentucky lawmakers override governor's veto to enact anti-trans sports ban​

Transgender women and girls in Kentucky will no longer be allowed to compete on sports teams consistent with their gender at public and private schools in the state after lawmakers on Wednesday overrode a veto from their Democratic governor to enact the restrictive measure.

Gov. Andy Beshear had vetoed Senate Bill 83, titled the Fairness in Womens' Sports Act, last week, saying at the time that it "most likely violates" the US Constitution and that there was no need for such a ban in the commonwealth.

"Governor Beshear was the third governor this year to uphold the dignity of transgender and nonbinary youth, and veto an attempt by lawmakers to write them out of existence. While those young people continue to face unrelenting political attacks, the Kentucky legislature voted to override that act of courage and compassion, pushing these marginalized youth even further to the sidelines," said Sam Ames, the group's director of advocacy and government affairs, in a statement.
I thought this was an interesting comment. The reality is that any transgender competing in female sports is going to be criticized. It borders on abuse for an adult to put their child in a position that will be heavily criticized. It really is no different than a parent of a boy putting their child into a female sport to gain an athletic advantage. That boy would be highly criticized (and rightfully so).

Being transgender has to be a difficult life to live. A parent making them play a sport that they will be highly criticized for is neither courageous nor compassionate. Not everyone can be an athlete. There are roadblocks everywhere. If someone is put into this position, simply choose a co-ed sport. They will get the joy of competing without drawing attention to themselves for abusing the rules.

I thought this was an interesting comment. The reality is that any transgender competing in female sports is going to be criticized. It borders on abuse for an adult to put their child in a position that will be heavily criticized. It really is no different than a parent of a boy putting their child into a female sport to gain an athletic advantage. That boy would be highly criticized (and rightfully so).

Being transgender has to be a difficult life to live. A parent making them play a sport that they will be highly criticized for is neither courageous nor compassionate. Not everyone can be an athlete. There are roadblocks everywhere. If someone is put into this position, simply choose a co-ed sport. They will get the joy of competing without drawing attention to themselves for abusing the rules.
I have to believe that it's mostly the non-athletes that advocate for trans participation across biological gender. Participation trophy people would make that sort of comment. They would not seem to identify with really competing and putting yourself completely into athletic improvement.

I sympathize with the lack of access to compete as the psychological gender of choice, but sometimes a square peg just won't fit a round hole.

Even though we've stopped talking about this, the leftist bullying from the Ivy League fruitcakes continues, as they continue to abandon those who have elevated them, once they are not needed any more.

Last edited:
NEW YORK POST:

She’s not real — but his feelings are.

A “fictosexual” man who wed a fictional, computer-synthesized pop singer four years ago said he’s now unable to communicate with his wife, but is still in love with her.

Akihiko Kondo, 38, was dating Hatsune Miku — depicted in pop culture as a 16-year-old with turquoise hair — for a decade before they had an unofficial wedding ceremony in 2018. Kondo — one of many who identifies as “fictosexual,” or someone who is sexually attracted to fictional characters — spent 2 million yen, or about $17,300, on the nuptials, but his family did not attend.

Now married for four years, Kondo, 38, said his relationship has hit a roadblock: He can no longer speak with Miku due to a technological hurdle, according to Japanese newspaper Mainichi.

NEW YORK POST:

She’s not real — but his feelings are.

A “fictosexual” man who wed a fictional, computer-synthesized pop singer four years ago said he’s now unable to communicate with his wife, but is still in love with her.

Akihiko Kondo, 38, was dating Hatsune Miku — depicted in pop culture as a 16-year-old with turquoise hair — for a decade before they had an unofficial wedding ceremony in 2018. Kondo — one of many who identifies as “fictosexual,” or someone who is sexually attracted to fictional characters — spent 2 million yen, or about $17,300, on the nuptials, but his family did not attend.

Now married for four years, Kondo, 38, said his relationship has hit a roadblock: He can no longer speak with Miku due to a technological hurdle, according to Japanese newspaper Mainichi.
I didn't realize Slappy was Japanese....

'I am sick of being bullied into silence': Furious female skateboarder Taylor Silverman slams trans rival who won $5,000 prize money and forced her into second place at Red Bull Cornerstone

'My name is Taylor Silverman. I am a female athlete. I have been skateboarding for eleven years and competing for several years,' Silverman wrote in the controversial post, which has garnered more than 14,000 likes and hundreds of comments.

She continued: 'I have been in three different contests with trans women, two of which I placed second.'

'At the last contest series I did for Red Bull, I placed second. The trans competitor who won took $1,000 in qualifiers, $2,000 in finals and $1,000 in best trick.

'This totaled to $5,000 of the prize money meant for the female athletes.'

Silverman went on to add that she took a total of $2,750 and 'whoever would have placed third' lost the award due to the Gallagher's participation in the contest

'I am sick of being bullied into silence': Furious female skateboarder Taylor Silverman slams trans rival who won $5,000 prize money and forced her into second place at Red Bull Cornerstone

I agree with the underlying sentiment here, and confess I know zero about skateboarding but is there really an advantage to being a male in competition? I guess perhaps a male could get the board to go faster and push the board higher in his jumps?? Just wondering…

Indiana Legislature overrides governor's veto on anti-trans sports ban

The Indiana Legislature voted Tuesday to override the governor's veto of the anti-trans bill that bans transgender girls from participating in girls' sports in K-12 schools.

Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb vetoed the bill in March. He said the bill fell short in clarifying or creating policy to ensure "fairness" in school sports.

In his veto letter, he said he echoed the Indiana High School Athletic Association's concerns that the bill does not address inconsistencies about enforcement across different counties and school districts and will cause confusion and litigation against schools.

Good for Ohio(y)

Transgender athlete bill passes in Ohio House
Haley BeMiller
Columbus Dispatch USA TODAY NETWORK
House Republicans passed a bill late Wednesday that would prohibit transgender girls from joining female sports teams in high school and college, shoving the proposal into an unrelated bill before taking off for summer break.
Wednesday’s vote, which came on the first day of Pride Month, marked the second time Republicans sought a
back-door path for the controversial measure.
The House initially added it to a bill to allow college students to profit off their name, image and likeness, a move criticized by Gov. Mike DeWine when it passed last year.
This time, lawmakers attached it to legislation that provides resources and mentorship opportunities for new teachers in a 56-28 party-line vote.
The proposal would require transgender female athletes to join male or co-ed teams. If a student’s biological sex is called into question, they must get a signed statement from a doctor verifying it.
Schools that knowingly violate these rules could face lawsuits.
Republicans who backed the original bill contend the issue is about protecting women’s rights and sports. They argue transgender girls have biological advantages that make them more likely to win against their cisgender peers.
“We want every little girl to achieve her athletic dream here in the state of Ohio,” Rep. Jena Powell, R-Arcanum, said.
Democrats and LGBTQ advocates, on the other hand, see it as discrimination against a small group of kids who face higher rates of bullying, depression and suicide.
“The health and safety of our youth are not negotiable,” Equality Ohio executive director Alana Jochum said in a statement. “This should not be a partisan issue, and we are appalled that our lawmakers are once again causing real harm to LGBTQ+ youth to score political points. All Ohio youth deserve the opportunity to play on a sports team with their peers without having to hidewho they are.”

Good for Ohio(y)

Transgender athlete bill passes in Ohio House
Haley BeMiller
Columbus Dispatch USA TODAY NETWORK
House Republicans passed a bill late Wednesday that would prohibit transgender girls from joining female sports teams in high school and college, shoving the proposal into an unrelated bill before taking off for summer break.
Wednesday’s vote, which came on the first day of Pride Month, marked the second time Republicans sought a
back-door path for the controversial measure.
The House initially added it to a bill to allow college students to profit off their name, image and likeness, a move criticized by Gov. Mike DeWine when it passed last year.
This time, lawmakers attached it to legislation that provides resources and mentorship opportunities for new teachers in a 56-28 party-line vote.
The proposal would require transgender female athletes to join male or co-ed teams. If a student’s biological sex is called into question, they must get a signed statement from a doctor verifying it.
Schools that knowingly violate these rules could face lawsuits.
Republicans who backed the original bill contend the issue is about protecting women’s rights and sports. They argue transgender girls have biological advantages that make them more likely to win against their cisgender peers.
“We want every little girl to achieve her athletic dream here in the state of Ohio,” Rep. Jena Powell, R-Arcanum, said.
Democrats and LGBTQ advocates, on the other hand, see it as discrimination against a small group of kids who face higher rates of bullying, depression and suicide.
“The health and safety of our youth are not negotiable,” Equality Ohio executive director Alana Jochum said in a statement. “This should not be a partisan issue, and we are appalled that our lawmakers are once again causing real harm to LGBTQ+ youth to score political points. All Ohio youth deserve the opportunity to play on a sports team with their peers without having to hidewho they are.”

But I've been told on Yappi that Democrats are the only ones who add things like this to unrelated bills? :unsure:

What needs to happen is for every woman competing with this man just refuse to swim.

Let him set every record and win every race.

This thread has evolved into a sort of Transgender BS thread.
I learned a long time ago that these schools were actively participating in shielding parents from knowing the truth about their own child. Total ridiculousness.

How in the world does a parent not have a right to know? Not sure of many cases where the school is allowed to withhold grades from the parent, how is this different?

Status
Not open for further replies.