#PACtion™ 2024

You've always been.

You already should know it's all joking around just like Pick on Syracuse Day.

---
I enjoyed the Orangemen teams of years past, @cuyahogacuse

The Lambert Trophy was cool but so ancient now. I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole NIL and transfer portal thing. And Chip Kelly as an OC and not a HC? Just wild to me.

At what point do some of these colleges say enough?

I read about some ACC teams bolting to the Big 12 and the Big 10 and ESPN-SEC.

Yes Louisville needs to reconnect with their old rival Cincinnata and Pitt needs to reconnect with West Virginia.

Where does that leave the others? Basically you need lobbyists and barrels of cash.

It's becoming ridiculous.
Here is the thing about the transfer portal.....if a kid puts his name in the portal....he effectively gives up his scholarship...so if nobody picks him from the portal he no longer has the ability to attend classes at no cost, unless the team he is leaving will let him withdraw his name. To be smart about the portal, the player should do what Vinnie Scurry did...a graduate of Perry and Keith Wakefield...he received a scholarship from Toledo..graduated in three years...took some classes this past fall and played for Toledo....then after the season ended he put himself in the portal and now is playing one more year at Texas Tech...and already has his degree

Last edited:
Here is the thing about the transfer portal.....if a kid puts his name in the portal....he effectively gives up his scholarship...so if nobody picks him from the portal he no longer has the ability to attend classes at no cost, unless the team he is leaving will let him withdraw his name. To be smart about the portal, the player should do what Vinnie Scurry did...a graduate of Perry and Keith Wakefield...he received a scholarship from Toledo..graduated in three years...took some classes this past fall and played for Toledo....then after the season ended he put himself in the portal and now is playing one more year at Texas Tech...and already has his degree
I can't keep up with any of that, I need a heater.

Screenshot_20240417-190017-995.png

Last edited:
Meanwhile observed at the home of John "JJ" Ansel near Columbus....a man and a group of nerdy misfit moderator stiffs lacking The Burrow Effect who would have shot down PACtion™ within three minutes....a rare kitchen glimpse into the home of JJ and his JJ Huddle aka PP Puddle:

GLS5aJCXsAEKUhi.jpeg

Last edited:
HEY GANG SINDELAR HERE....he's all in (in spirit) on Broc Dial Tuslaw 2024 sponsored by BellStores and The David Foundation.

Screenshot_20240417-200445-446.png

If he was alive these days no question he'd be the sports guiii on WNIR 100 FM The Talk of Akron.

Last edited:
Meanwhile observed at the home of John "JJ" Ansel near Columbus....a man and a group of nerdy misfit moderator stiffs lacking The Burrow Effect who would have shot down PACtion™ within three minutes....a rare kitchen glimpse into the home of JJ and his JJ Huddle aka PP Puddle:

View attachment 57510
Yappi is bigger then Bellstores! Yappi is so big...he once made a weeping willow laugh!

groundskeeper willy prefers Tumblr.
Probably where he also gets his recommendations for who’s in the lineup….. no that’s wrong too, he gets that from a newly elected board member who’s son happens to be on the roster and curiously moved up to varsity and playing, surely it’s not based on talent and producing results, that just makes sense.

Probably where he also gets his recommendations for who’s in the lineup….. no that’s wrong too, he gets that from a newly elected board member who’s son happens to be on the roster and curiously moved up to varsity and playing, surely it’s not based on talent and producing results, that just makes sense.
Nepotism!

Ok Rich....I am out the door...meeting my golf buddies at the turn of the Elms! Will bite the bullet and get the chatter of the state title and beating my Blue Streaks again out of the way early....then I can golf in peace with Mike around....lol

I mean with all due respect, a large majority of the team is not exactly lighting the world on fire at the plate so I understand the line of thinking of maybe mixing it up a bit. But I understand the frustration for sure.

This was a man who knew how to put together a lineup:

1713452914371.png

The Slaw needs an old codger like Sparky Anderson smoking a pipe on the bench and offering wisdom.

The old Tiger stadium in Detroit was something to experience in good and bad ways, LOL.

I mean with all due respect, a large majority of the team is not exactly lighting the world on fire at the plate so I understand the line of thinking of maybe mixing it up a bit. But I understand the frustration for sure.
You're not wrong, I'm sure you know from my track record, knowledge, and posts on here that I am more than close to various sports at the Slaw. That being said, I know all the stats, I know the players, I know the kids, and this is just one example of many of the havoc, incompetence, vendettas, the list goes on that this genius has created, and/or been a part of for far too effing long. The specific move of this particular kid is just one piece of this poop pie.

Here's a list of names for you, see if anyone can guess what they all have in common: Drew Stitt, Stephen Reinhart, Preston Reinhart, Andrew Tondra, Joey Medure, Liam McCollister, Caden Hoobler, probably more on this list, but these are the ones I know of for sure in recent history or currently that I came up with in about 2 minutes. There will be more in the future until a change is made. Translation and FACTS, the best kids do not play at the little blue school on Rt 93, unless your last name "matters", so most of the talent walks, pun intended.

You're not wrong, I'm sure you know from my track record, knowledge, and posts on here that I am more than close to various sports at the Slaw. That being said, I know all the stats, I know the players, I know the kids, and this is just one example of many of the havoc, incompetence, vendettas, the list goes on that this genius has created, and/or been a part of for far too effing long. The specific move of this particular kid is just one piece of this poop pie.

Here's a list of names for you, see if anyone can guess what they all have in common: Drew Stitt, Stephen Reinhart, Preston Reinhart, Andrew Tondra, Joey Medure, Liam McCollister, Caden Hoobler, probably more on this list, but these are the ones I know of for sure in recent history or currently that I came up with in about 2 minutes. There will be more in the future until a change is made. Translation and FACTS, the best kids do not play at the little blue school on Rt 93, unless your last name "matters", so most of the talent walks, pun intended.

technically Carrollville doesn't have a bellstore as of yet.

HOWEVER - the one road into the thriving metropolis we know as Carl-ton does have a bellstore right at the beginning of the road right next to Malvern Schools.

Thing of beauty catching the Warrior customers before they return to the lower 40 of carroll county or when they are coming up out them there sticks.

Ok....I will ask....is there a hidden meaning with this and basketball? Or are you just late with reading your newspapers...lol
No hidden meaning related to hoops.

Like most good things, you take stuff from somewhere else and use it. In this case, "Man Lands on Moon" is a common response on another sports forum that I frequent that is used when someone breaks "news" on a topic that has already been discussed or is not really "news" anymore. As in, "you may have missed this, but "Man Lands on Moon. How could you have missed this. It happened in 1969?"

The Holt news broke earlier this week and was posted on the other thread, and may have been referenced here as well (can't remember). It's a snarky response, yes, but in a teasing kind of way. It only really works on an active thread like this, because it's not a surprise that one could miss something that happened two days and five pages ago.

Man Lands on Moon has been used so much in the cuyahogacuse household that it is worn with a badge of (dis)honor, like having to walk around wearing a dunce cap. And it hit home a half-dozen or so years ago when I recall sharing some now nondescript sports news with my teenage son, and he looked at me and deadpanned, "Man Lands on Moon, Dad."

On the one hand, I recall thinking, how could I have missed that? On the other, there was satisfaction. It was a good parenting moment. The kid got the concept, and I came to the realization that I was no longer the primary source of sports knowledge for my son.

Anyway, @Bulldogs1275 ... Welcome to #PACtion™. Join the fun. Post more often.

I'll now go crawl back into my hole, wearing my own dunce cap for spending 6+ paragraphs to explain delayed Moon Landing references.
dunce GIF