2024 Elder Football

Rock Creek Christian Academy has closed their high school. Elder is now open Week 8.
Take the Bye Week unless another cupcake is open. This was the game to get the reserves some PT, but the value added of a legitimate opponent, is minimal. A week of rest for the starters could be invaluable.

Take the Bye Week unless another cupcake is open. This was the game to get the reserves some PT, but the value added of a legitimate opponent, is minimal. A week of rest for the starters could be invaluable.
Rock Creek Christian Academy has closed their high school. Elder is now open Week 8.
I believe that is the Rock Creek Academy in Louisville that is closing. The one in Maryland is Elder's scheduled opponent and they are doing fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240304_123212_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_123212_X.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 158
Since I've seen this posted elsewhere:
Some school is the WCAC (DC Catholic League) is going to pick up a stud DT. Probably DeMatha or Good Counsel, they’re pretty trashy programs with loose ethics. Maybe St Johns if Under Armour’s CEO thinks he’s worth paying for a full ride.

I keep searching Google to see why they closed. The last two days Google has had this when I google them. Unless it is Spring Break, why are they temporarily closed? If a school closed mid year wouldn't the local news (DC Area) do a story?

1709739520733.png

Probably not even on the radar for DC area news. I’m sure they have much bigger fish to fry than some small private school closing their doors for good.

Who will be the varsity QB starter for Elder next year #12 (Sr) or #14 (So)?
No one knows. It's early March. Way too much to unravel between now and then.

Everyone trusts Coach Ramsey to put the players in the best position for success.

Heck, no one knew Ryan Brass would be the starter until August....and he ended up being 1st team all-state!!!

Last edited:
He needs better hands and be faster or he will ride the pine at MU
First, it’s Miami (OH) not The U. It’s not like there’s a bunch of 4 and 5* on the roster. Second, he’s more of a traditional TE that lines up on the LOS, so speed isn’t a huge priority. Third, not sure why you think his hands are a problem, never saw him drop a pass.

First, it’s Miami (OH) not The U. It’s not like there’s a bunch of 4 and 5* on the roster. Second, he’s more of a traditional TE that lines up on the LOS, so speed isn’t a huge priority. Third, not sure why you think his hands are a problem, never saw him drop a pass.
Sorry I should typed UM. He did drop a few passes and 1 in the end zone. I don't think he is a D1 player, but UM does and we will see.

Sorry I should typed UM. He did drop a few passes and 1 in the end zone. I don't think he is a D1 player, but UM does and we will see.
Sounds like Miami does so that matters a lot more than your opinion. He has the size and intangibles to play D1 TE.

Elder has a long line of D1 TE's as well, congratulations.

Sounds like Miami does so that matters a lot more than your opinion. He has the size and intangibles to play D1 TE.

Let's see if he steps up this coming year and earn the D1 commit

Let's see if he steps up this coming year and earns that D1 commit

Unless you’re a hybrid TE/WR, you’re not going to get a lot of balls thrown your way in Elder’s Offense. I’m pretty sure David Larkins had more TDs at App St this yr than his Varsity career at Elder.

Is the transfer going to come in from Texas and only be at the school 1/2 a year?

I would hope it's an out of state transfer so they would be eligible to play the whole season. The last few transfers to Elder I can think of for football all had to sit out the 2nd half of the season.