We need Media Reform.... Lies and Distracting you from the Truth !

I do hate Trump. I hated Trump before he was POTUS and hate him after. Stay on point in regard to the media that is tearing this country apart.

We got this way because of the media PLAIN AND SIMPLE. All media.

Fox is irrelevant to the fringe that moved to Newsmax and OAN or even more extreme "news" like yourself. You are THAT guy. YOUR news is correct and everyone else is wrong.

They are all there to make money and keep you coming back.
You're hatred is noted and I am THAT guy. You now want to leave the media plantation that created you. How can you hate someone you don't even know? Ahhh because the media told you so.

Couple of points to follow up with on this...

First and foremost, we have to understand the television and national media isn't journalism. It's entertainment. They stay in business not by reporting factual news, but by getting people to watch their programs. That's very important to point out as we continue to evolve.

The other is to understand that the Chauvin Case, the cases in Columbus is .00001% of reality. The largest majority of police stops are clean, no issues. We never hear about those, and more importantly, the young, African Americans do not hear about this. They grow up in a country where they feel they are hunted. Public service announcements need to begin to educate people of what the police's role is in communities. The message needs to be one of compliance. If you get stopped, comply with what the police ask and you'll stay alive. It's really as simple as that. We've completely brushed aside the fact that in most of these cases, someone wasn't complying or actually committing a crime when stopped.

Finally, there needs to be a explanation of what "protesting" looks like. If you are on a public sidewalk, you can peacefully protest. If you're blocking the sidewalk, or streets of a city, that's a problem. Simply put, if you're protesting and not bothering anyone, fine. If you are infringing on someone else to get around either by walking or driving, that's problem. And it no case is damaging public/ private property accepted. The city/ state/ nation need to come down, and come down hard the next time it happens. Nothing in our constitution says it's citizens can destroy things that they don't own.
Makes perfect sense but then how does that help destroy America. The end goal is to redefine America. Didn't you know America is a terrible place. It must be globalized.

Makes perfect sense but then how does that help destroy America. The end goal is to redefine America. Didn't you know America is a terrible place. It must be globalized.
That's what gets me about Biden's message. Turning America around? Around from what? We're #1. There is no up. Look there is what I'd say "most" of the country are just good people doing what we need to do. No major complaints. We have politicians who for some reason think the country is struggling? It isn't but for politicians to keep their jobs, they have to manufacture problems. Our biggest problem now is developing a work ethic in more people. Thousands of businesses are closing not because they can't make a profit, but because they can't employ enough people to stay in business. This was kind of expected because my generation, I'm in my 50's, were hammered with the notion that you had to go to college to get good jobs. The script has flipped. My kids generation will be the first to be worse off than their parents generation. Yes, there are SOME good jobs, but they are diminishing. You can make money in this country, but you have to work.
All I hear is that there are no jobs. Yet nearly every business you walk into is hiring, that makes no sense. This is becoming a service led country, not manufacturing. Service jobs means working evenings and weekends. We'll eventually get it figured out, but for many in this country, there will be some painful lessons.

.............. The message needs to be one of compliance. If you get stopped, comply with what the police ask and you'll stay alive. It's really as simple as that. We've completely brushed aside the fact that in most of these cases, someone wasn't complying or actually committing a crime when stopped.

Agree. I think that MOST of these cases of "non compliance" occur when the "suspect" believes that he/she is "going to jail" (arrest warrant, driving w/out a license, illegal items in the vehicle/on person etc.). "Non compliance" usually leads to "resisting" at some level, then the sheeiiitt hits the fan.

The message before the message ought to be "don't put yourself in a position which might lead to 'non compliance' " to begin with.

You're hatred is noted and I am THAT guy. You now want to leave the media plantation that created you. How can you hate someone you don't even know? Ahhh because the media told you so.
Do you hear yourself? I hate him because he is a giant POS. If you want to talk policy that is a different story. This has nothing to do with my feelings about Trump.

I hate CNN and I hate FOX because they are ying & yang with the same result. Media is there to make money, not deliver unbiased news. You left Fox for something worse. Congrats. Tune out for awhile. Quit listening and reading YOUR subscribed news.

My kids generation will be the first to be worse off than their parents generation. Yes, there are SOME good jobs, but they are diminishing.
Totally disagree with this. Not sure where you get the notion that good jobs are diminishing. There are a boatload of amazing jobs opportunities out there (i.e. IT, UX, Data Science, Banks, Business Analysts, Digital Content, Nurses, etc.). As far as generational wealth, a fair majority of millennials, as an example, will/have come directly out of college and into a job that will pay them more than their parents ever made. My kids started coding at the same age I was thinking about baseball cards & breaking the neighbors windows. I think they'll be just fine.

Do you hear yourself? I hate him because he is a giant POS. If you want to talk policy that is a different story. This has nothing to do with my feelings about Trump.

I hate CNN and I hate FOX because they are ying & yang with the same result. Media is there to make money, not deliver unbiased news. You left Fox for something worse. Congrats. Tune out for awhile. Quit listening and reading YOUR subscribed news.
Ahhh you mean something like this? Don't read

I'm assuming you voted for Trump if it was about policy. Trump would have done everything to keep those GM jobs in America. America first, remember? How can you hate someone you don't know. Please explain

Totally disagree with this. Not sure where you get the notion that good jobs are diminishing. There are a boatload of amazing jobs opportunities out there (i.e. IT, UX, Data Science, Banks, Business Analysts, Digital Content, Nurses, etc.). As far as generational wealth, a fair majority of millennials, as an example, will/have come directly out of college and into a job that will pay them more than their parents ever made. My kids started coding at the same age I was thinking about baseball cards & breaking the neighbors windows. I think they'll be just fine.
I'm talking about OVERALL, and yes, both my kids are already better off than me and my wife were starting out. I'm saying for the masses. The more the libs want to artificially inflate wages ($15 per hour minimum is insane) the worse it will get. Smart business people will continue to automate and eliminate jobs. The healthcare industry is an interesting one. We are slowly, with more and more treatment options, and giving away more government health care, keeping the medical industry propped up. If you ever had a true tightening of "free" healthcare, it would hurt the doctors and hospitals badly.

We still do the newspaper. I hope they hold on. It's something physical. It can't be deleted or blocked. They follow a narrative but I'm hopeful that will change.
I still read my local weekly newspaper. Mostly because they cover all of the local municipalities and their meetings. I cannot attend my city council meetings so it is nice to hear the reporting. The beauty is it is truly non-biased. They report the facts as they see it and that is it.

Losing daily/weekly paper's really hurts from the local reporting standpoint. People getting opinionated news from Fakebook is outright dangerous.

This seems like a much bigger problem...

The subject is about the media and once again your deflect the topic to something else...

Answer this simple question.... Should the MSM be neutral and report just the facts or should they be able to sell a narrative and be able to edit and cover out in order to achieve a "fake" narrative?

Fox is irrelevant now for many. Fox was created because of media bias. Then they sold their soul to the Devil on Election night. The polling data used by Fox was dishonest. You hate Trump and that's a fact. Imo Tell me how you developed that hatred? Media ring a bell? Now you want to tune out media? I guess the end justified the means.
Nah, IB is above all of that. He has some secret source of unbiased news. He is the only one on here smart enough not to be duped.

General Question.
On local news media. I see so much canned stories from local media it is nothing but the local media being cheap and lazy. Not sure how it is in the rest of the state of Ohio but in NEO the news media is just a regurgitation of the national media. Especially the local TV news.

General Question.
On local news media. I see so much canned stories from local media it is nothing but the local media being cheap and lazy. Not sure how it is in the rest of the state of Ohio but in NEO the news media is just a regurgitation of the national media. Especially the local TV news.
Columbus is worse imo. They never covered the BLM destruction of Columbus. It's not lazy, they are part of the propaganda machine.

A pretty good police story.

East Liverpool is in southern Columbiana County

Agree. I think that MOST of these cases of "non compliance" occur when the "suspect" believes that he/she is "going to jail" (arrest warrant, driving w/out a license, illegal items in the vehicle/on person etc.). "Non compliance" usually leads to "resisting" at some level, then the sheeiiitt hits the fan.

The message before the message ought to be "don't put yourself in a position which might lead to 'non compliance' " to begin with.
If you're running away because of the consequences because of prior warrants, drugs on the person, weapons, etc. that's not an excuse. Again, the police do not know why you are running, or if you have a weapon you can use on them. This crazy society we live in today says the police have to justify their actions against a criminal? I've said this many times, I'll go with the judgement of the police officer about 99% of the time.

The subject is about the media and once again your deflect the topic to something else...

Answer this simple question.... Should the MSM be neutral and report just the facts or should they be able to sell a narrative and be able to edit and cover out in order to achieve a "fake" narrative?
We've long ago given up on news being neutral. A newspaper, a TV station, an national news outlet are businesses. They have to make money. They don't get government handouts. And for them to make money, they need people to tune into their products. Now the difficult part is many people ONLY get their news in a 10 minute snippet of the local news, or a 15 minute segment on the national news. That's it. They do no other researching, no other examination of what's going on. Most "young" people get their news like this. Only after 15-20 years of adult life do they see how things really are.

That's what gets me about Biden's message. Turning America around? Around from what? We're #1. There is no up. Look there is what I'd say "most" of the country are just good people doing what we need to do. No major complaints. We have politicians who for some reason think the country is struggling? It isn't but for politicians to keep their jobs, they have to manufacture problems. Our biggest problem now is developing a work ethic in more people. Thousands of businesses are closing not because they can't make a profit, but because they can't employ enough people to stay in business. This was kind of expected because my generation, I'm in my 50's, were hammered with the notion that you had to go to college to get good jobs. The script has flipped. My kids generation will be the first to be worse off than their parents generation. Yes, there are SOME good jobs, but they are diminishing. You can make money in this country, but you have to work.
All I hear is that there are no jobs. Yet nearly every business you walk into is hiring, that makes no sense. This is becoming a service led country, not manufacturing. Service jobs means working evenings and weekends. We'll eventually get it figured out, but for many in this country, there will be some painful lessons.
There are millions of high paying jobs. They are not in retail. They are in tech and information services. We have to import people to work them.

Yet you knuckleheads read and believe everything from the Left MSM...... :LOL:

On Thursday night, The Washington Post, citing anonymous sources (of course), claimedthat the FBI gave a "defensive briefing” to Rudy Giuliani in 2019, before he traveled to Ukraine, that he was being targeted by a Russian disinformation campaign to hurt Joe Biden's candidacy, yet he ignored the FBI's warnings and went anyway. The Post also claimed that the right-wing news outlet OANN was similarly briefed. The claim about Giuliani not only predictably ricocheted all over social media and cable news — where, as usual, it was uncritically treated as Truth — but it was shortly thereafter “independently confirmed” by both NBC Newsde facto CIA spokesman Ken Dilanian along with The New York Times.

What was the problem with this story? It was totally false. The FBI never briefed Giuliani on any such thing. As a result, The Washington Post had to append this "correction” — meaning a retraction — to the top of its viral story:

At first, The New York Times attempted to quietly change the story to delete the false claims without noting they were doing so. But upon being pressured, they finally faced up to what they did and posted their own retraction at the very bottom of the story that reads: “Correction: An earlier version of this article misstated whether Rudolph W. Giuliani received a formal warning from the F.B.I. about Russian disinformation. Mr. Giuliani did not receive such a so-called defensive briefing.” In their self-glorifying jargon, the Paper of Record did not spread Fake News — perish the thought — but merely "misstated” the truth. Meanwhile, NBC News, at the top of its false story, posted this explanation for why Dilanian got the story completely wrong:

On Thursday night, The Washington Post, citing anonymous sources (of course), claimedthat the FBI gave a "defensive briefing” to Rudy Giuliani in 2019, before he traveled to Ukraine, that he was being targeted by a Russian disinformation campaign to hurt Joe Biden's candidacy, yet he ignored the FBI's warnings and went anyway. The Post also claimed that the right-wing news outlet OANN was similarly briefed. The claim about Giuliani not only predictably ricocheted all over social media and cable news — where, as usual, it was uncritically treated as Truth — but it was shortly thereafter “independently confirmed” by both NBC Newsde facto CIA spokesman Ken Dilanian along with The New York Times.

What was the problem with this story? It was totally false. The FBI never briefed Giuliani on any such thing. As a result, The Washington Post had to append this "correction” — meaning a retraction — to the top of its viral story:

At first, The New York Times attempted to quietly change the story to delete the false claims without noting they were doing so. But upon being pressured, they finally faced up to what they did and posted their own retraction at the very bottom of the story that reads: “Correction: An earlier version of this article misstated whether Rudolph W. Giuliani received a formal warning from the F.B.I. about Russian disinformation. Mr. Giuliani did not receive such a so-called defensive briefing.” In their self-glorifying jargon, the Paper of Record did not spread Fake News — perish the thought — but merely "misstated” the truth. Meanwhile, NBC News, at the top of its false story, posted this explanation for why Dilanian got the story completely wrong:
Whether Rudy was briefed or not is irrelevant. He had his mission and thought he had cover. He was going to to do what he was going to do. The accuracy of that single story does not change a thing.

Whether Rudy was briefed or not is irrelevant. He had his mission and thought he had cover. He was going to to do what he was going to do. The accuracy of that single story does not change a thing.

^^^^^
images.jpg

There are millions of high paying jobs. They are not in retail. They are in tech and information services. We have to import people to work them.
It’s interesting how those minorities we put in cages during WW2 dominant the high end jobs now.

No but it calls into question the accuracy of all of it. We'll let it play out....sorry for you.

Do people know how hard it is to get a warrant in this type of situation ?! Apparently not if they think this is going away and or is a nothing burger . Or a baseless investigation