We need Media Reform.... Lies and Distracting you from the Truth !

2manyBats

I heard this during dinner last night and I think She is Spot on.

“It’s been a decade of the media really telling lies about the state of policing in this country, and what the real problems are with crime in this country,” .... we “need media reform” to more adequately tell the truth about policing “and what the real problems are with crime.”

I Enjoy Wrestling - Report: The DOJ would have arrested Chauvin at Courthouse if not guilty..............

I think that was excellent planning and preparation by the DOJ in the event that Chauvin was found not guilty. The 8+ minute video of Chauvin's knee on the guys neck, 2 minutes of which he was probably dead, was justification enough for the DOJ to arrest him on the brutality charges. Fortunately, justice prevailed: Chauvin was found guilty, a bad cop was taken off the streets and most importantly there were no riots throughout the USA. If Chauvin were to have been found not guilty, perhaps the DOJ plan may have saved a lot of US cities from burning that evening. Got to be prepared for the worse, at lease our elected officials/DOJ had a contingency plan in place.

The Columbus police shooting of the 16 year old girl - the decision to release the police body camera video by the mayor and acting policy chief I believed saved Columbus from riots that evening and hopefully will keep a good cop on the streets. Kudos to the mayor & policy chief and I really wish the best for the Columbus cop - I believe his quick decision/action saved a girls life.

I think our elected officials got both situations right.

I Enjoy Wrestling - Report: The DOJ would have arrested Chauvin at Courthouse if not guilty..............

I think that was excellent planning and preparation by the DOJ in the event that Chauvin was found not guilty. The 8+ minute video of Chauvin's knee on the guys neck, 2 minutes of which he was probably dead, was justification enough for the DOJ to arrest him on the brutality charges. Fortunately, justice prevailed: Chauvin was found guilty, a bad cop was taken off the streets and most importantly there were no riots throughout the USA. If Chauvin were to have been found not guilty, perhaps the DOJ plan may have saved a lot of US cities from burning that evening. Got to be prepared for the worse, at lease our elected officials/DOJ had a contingency plan in place.

The Columbus police shooting of the 16 year old girl - the decision to release the police body camera video by the mayor and acting policy chief I believed saved Columbus from riots that evening and hopefully will keep a good cop on the streets. Kudos to the mayor & policy chief and I really wish the best for the Columbus cop - I believe his quick decision/action saved a girls life.

Where were you for OJ?

“Where was I for OJ?” If your asking me what I thought about the OJ case, I personally thought & still believe he was guilty. But the judicial system ran its course and sometimes you have to live with the results. Biggest difference between the Minneapolis & Columbus situations and OJ is the video. Hard to argue with the video.

“Where was I for OJ?” If your asking me what I thought about the OJ case, I personally thought & still believe he was guilty. But the judicial system ran its course and sometimes you have to live with the results. Biggest difference between the Minneapolis & Columbus situations and OJ is the video. Hard to argue with the video.
Not really my point. I respect the OJ verdict. The federal government didn't go after OJ. Why do you think it would be proper for the Federal Government to go after the officer? He was judged by a jury of his peers. He was found guilty. Just as if he was found innocent, justice would have ran its course.

Yeah, even though he died of a drug overdose.

I answered that - the video in the Minneapolis case speaks for itself. What could the DOJ go after OJ for that he wasn’t found not guilty for in the trial?

I believe cities across America would have been facing riots if the verdict was innocent. I don’t care if the DOJ case would have stuck or not, I think that was a wise thing to do to possibly avert a lot of turmoil. Chauvin sealed his own fate that day in Minneapolis, I don’t want his stupidity causing riots throughout the country.

Hammerdrill - Yep, even if Floyd died of a OD.

I answered that - the video in the Minneapolis case speaks for itself. What could the DOJ go after OJ for that he wasn’t found not guilty for in the trial?

I believe cities across America would have been facing riots if the verdict was innocent. I don’t care if the DOJ case would have stuck or not, I think that was a wise thing to do to possibly avert a lot of turmoil. Chauvin sealed his own fate that day in Minneapolis, I don’t want his stupidity causing riots throughout the country.

I'm sorry you don't understand our judicial system. You don't get to judge the video. That was up to the jury. What would of happened if the Feds went after OJ? Riots. What would of happened if an innocent verdict was rendered. Riots The justice system doesn't count rioting as part of the system. Or do they?

I Enjoy Wrestling - in the article you posted it said the DOJ was going to go after Chauvin for “Federal Police Brutality charges”, not for murder charges that he was being tried to r. Thus there was no double jeopardy. The video is what the DOJ had on him.

in OJ trial, what could the DOJ have gone after OJ for other than murder? Personally I would have tried him for me missing the Knicks-Rockets NBA championship game because OJ & Al were on a California joyride that was being broadcasted nationally on all channels.

How about those NFL tv contracts? NFL doubled their tv revenue.

Promoting fascism, good call.

I Enjoy Wrestling - in the article you posted it said the DOJ was going to go after Chauvin for “Federal Police Brutality charges”, not for murder charges that he was being tried to r. Thus there was no double jeopardy. The video is what the DOJ had on him.

in OJ trial, what could the DOJ have gone after OJ for other than murder? Personally I would have tried him for me missing the Knicks-Rockets NBA championship game because OJ & Al were on a California joyride that was being broadcasted nationally on all channels.

How about those NFL tv contracts? NFL doubled their tv revenue.
Yea, the Goldman family felt the same way. Nice dig on the NFL Glad you could get that out of your system. Big Ben is a fine rapist I've heard.

If someone is innocent, and that finding will cause riots, punish them anyway.

Great take.

I Enjoy Wrestling - It’s terrible what the Goldman family went through, what else could have been done by the DOJ or any law enforcement department after the innocent verdict? I don’t know, maybe you have an idea. Yea, I put the NFL dig in there just for you.

y2k - Yep, I’d have no problem with Chauvin getting charged by the DOJ for Federal police brutality if he was found innocent of murder. I didn’t force him to put his knee on a guy whose hands were handcuffed behind his back for 8+ minutes, 2 of which the guy was probably dead. That’s on Chauvin and he was found guilty so the justice system spoke.

That was an extremely difficult week for America, either one of those incidents (Minneapolis verdict, Columbus shooting) could have caused riots throughout multiple US cities. I just think both were handled correctly by the judicial system and local politicians.

Last edited:
I Enjoy Wrestling - It’s terrible what the Goldman family went through, what else could have been done by the DOJ or any law enforcement department after the innocent verdict? I don’t know, maybe you have an idea. Yea, I put the NFL dig in there just for you.

y2k - Yep, I’d have no problem with Chauvin getting charged by the DOJ for Federal police brutality if he was found innocent of murder. I didn’t force him to put his knee on a guy whose hands were handcuffed behind his back for 8+ minutes, 2 of which the guy was probably dead. That’s on Chauvin and he was found guilty so the justice system spoke.

That was an extremely difficult week for America, either one of those incidents (Minneapolis verdict, Columbus shooting) could have caused riots throughout multiple US cities. I just think both were handled correctly by the judicial system and local politicians.
How about putting responsibility where it lies, with the idiots rioting.

You want justice held hostage by threat of riot...that's the inmates running the asylum.

What if they decided to riot for anything less than conviction of the cop in Columbus...oh well buddy see ya in 25 years?

Y2h - local & state officials in Portand & Minneapolis should have done far more to prevent their cities from becoming occupied. Once peaceful demonstration becomes rioting, looting, burning & destruction of things, I believe the pepper spray, water guns, rubber bullets and if need be actual bullets should come out. So, it sounds as if we agree on this.

“Justice being held hostage” - I completely disagree with you. The video would have supported “Federal Police Brutality charges” per the article that I Enjoy Wrestling posted. This may have prevented rioting, looting, burning & destruction of things. Chauvin is the one who provided the evidence (the video) for such a charge based on his actions that day. Unlike the Portland & Minneapolis local & state officials, the DOJ was prepared to step in and try to prevent riots and they had evidence (the video) to do so in a just way. Oh well buddy for Chauvin see ya in 25 years? Yep and he has not one to blame but himself.

'Columbus cop have charges brought against him or being convicted' - I would certainly hope this never happens but if it did, I would hope there would be demonstrations for his support. I believe releasing the video so quickly prevented riots and protected the cop from potential prosecution.

The same people b$tching about the media, follow a subscribed BS media.

Tune out for a while people.

I believe Media should be held accountable

Proceeding the last election - CNN was exposed that they Made stories up, just because they want to make him look bad and they didn't like that candidate

If it were you, I'd sue them for Millions on your behalf - And Win

I believe Media should be held accountable

Proceeding the last election - CNN was exposed that they Made stories up, just because they want to make him look bad and they didn't like that candidate

If it were you, I'd sue them for Millions on your behalf - And Win
FoxNews had a banner up with a countdown ticker stating "X amount of minutes until President Biden's propaganda speech." Lol.

I was just flipping through and caught it. Listening to Tucker Carlson you'd think the world is ending one way, listen to Anderson Cooper speak and it is ending for the opposite reason. They all make money by shock value and bringing you back. It is VERY important people tune out from all "news" because true news no longer exists.

^ And people will read this and believe "their" news is right. Wrong. ;)

FoxNews had a banner up with a countdown ticker stating "X amount of minutes until President Biden's propaganda speech." Lol.

I was just flipping through and caught it. Listening to Tucker Carlson you'd think the world is ending one way, listen to Anderson Cooper speak and it is ending for the opposite reason. They all make money by shock value and bringing you back. It is VERY important people tune out from all "news" because true news no longer exists.

Fox is irrelevant now for many. Fox was created because of media bias. Then they sold their soul to the Devil on Election night. The polling data used by Fox was dishonest. You hate Trump and that's a fact. Imo Tell me how you developed that hatred? Media ring a bell? Now you want to tune out media? I guess the end justified the means.

people are tuning out the Media ................ 11 millions viewers (Trump CPAC speech drew 26 Million )

EJMHjow6.jpg

We saw this Before ..... Looks Just Like a Biden Rally

people are tuning out the Media ................ 11 millions viewers (Trump CPAC speech drew 26 Million )

View attachment 16871
We saw this Before ..... Looks Just Like a Biden Rally
It's flyover America. MAGA is going to grow. Every single segment of society will join. Urban America will become so violent people will see the results of a fraudulent election. They will keep pushing the BLM anti police message. Good luck with that. They will lose Covid control also. Time will tell if my opinions are correct. 2022 will be a day of recognizing the deception. I hate Trump isn't a political platform.

Fox is irrelevant now for many. Fox was created because of media bias. Then they sold their soul to the Devil on Election night. The polling data used by Fox was dishonest. You hate Trump and that's a fact. Imo Tell me how you developed that hatred? Media ring a bell? Now you want to tune out media? I guess the end justified the means.
I do hate Trump. I hated Trump before he was POTUS and hate him after. Stay on point in regard to the media that is tearing this country apart.

We got this way because of the media PLAIN AND SIMPLE. All media.

Fox is irrelevant to the fringe that moved to Newsmax and OAN or even more extreme "news" like yourself. You are THAT guy. YOUR news is correct and everyone else is wrong.

They are all there to make money and keep you coming back.

Couple of points to follow up with on this...

First and foremost, we have to understand the television and national media isn't journalism. It's entertainment. They stay in business not by reporting factual news, but by getting people to watch their programs. That's very important to point out as we continue to evolve.

The other is to understand that the Chauvin Case, the cases in Columbus is .00001% of reality. The largest majority of police stops are clean, no issues. We never hear about those, and more importantly, the young, African Americans do not hear about this. They grow up in a country where they feel they are hunted. Public service announcements need to begin to educate people of what the police's role is in communities. The message needs to be one of compliance. If you get stopped, comply with what the police ask and you'll stay alive. It's really as simple as that. We've completely brushed aside the fact that in most of these cases, someone wasn't complying or actually committing a crime when stopped.

Finally, there needs to be a explanation of what "protesting" looks like. If you are on a public sidewalk, you can peacefully protest. If you're blocking the sidewalk, or streets of a city, that's a problem. Simply put, if you're protesting and not bothering anyone, fine. If you are infringing on someone else to get around either by walking or driving, that's problem. And it no case is damaging public/ private property accepted. The city/ state/ nation need to come down, and come down hard the next time it happens. Nothing in our constitution says it's citizens can destroy things that they don't own.