JFK's coach steps down ?

First, it’s patently unfair to pass judgement on the new Kennedy coach before he even coaches a game. I have no inkling if he’ll do a good job or a poor one. And neither does anyone else. Whatever happened to the concept of giving a guy a chance?

Secondly, two of the star returnees from last season weren’t going to be at the school even if the coach was staying. Leaving had nothing to do with football.

Is the sky falling? We’ll just have to wait on that.

Damon Buente will be prepared and the kids will play hard for him. The kids who played for him love him. If he can keep some of the staff together, they can compete, if he can convince some kids to stay, they will be fine
I am a firm believer that
Damon Buente will be prepared and the kids will play hard for him. The kids who played for him love him. If he can keep some of the staff together, they can compete, if he can convince some kids to stay, they will be fine
I am a firm believer that a HC is only as good as his assistants. Hopefully he can retain or build a staff that knows what it takes to get it done.

I am a firm believer that

I am a firm believer that a HC is only as good as his assistants. Hopefully he can retain or build a staff that knows what it takes to get it done.
There will be a new OC and DC. Word is the offense is supposed to open up and the defense will remain largely the same. As far as the rest of the staff, it isn't known

There will be a new OC and DC. Word is the offense is supposed to open up and the defense will remain largely the same. As far as the rest of the staff, it isn't known

Unless reinforcements are on the way, can they open it up if all the athletes left?

Yeah every coach I’m the area did not want to coach a team who just played for a state title. They hired a good one, enjoy it
You seem to be taking things very personal 🙄
I am in NO WAY saying they didn't hire a good one. Time will tell. But the FACT is, a COUNTLESS number of current head and assistant coaches were approached, along with a good handful of now-retired coaches. Time and time again, JFK was told, "Thanks but no thanks." This was a nightmare process for administration, who probably thought the same way you did....."Oh, we just won a state title, they'll come knocking on our door." The fact is, they were rejected time and time again. The search went beyond the Mahoning Valley, and it was an aggressive sell with no buyers. Again, that's fact. This is the very reason the process took over a month, and in the end the hire - if it's who they truly wanted - was there all along. Damon could very well be the answer, he very well may have the ability to maintain the high level of success - but the fact remains he wasn't their first, 10th, 20th or 50th choice.

You seem to be taking things very personal 🙄
I am in NO WAY saying they didn't hire a good one. Time will tell. But the FACT is, a COUNTLESS number of current head and assistant coaches were approached, along with a good handful of now-retired coaches. Time and time again, JFK was told, "Thanks but no thanks." This was a nightmare process for administration, who probably thought the same way you did....."Oh, we just won a state title, they'll come knocking on our door." The fact is, they were rejected time and time again. The search went beyond the Mahoning Valley, and it was an aggressive sell with no buyers. Again, that's fact. This is the very reason the process took over a month, and in the end the hire - if it's who they truly wanted - was there all along. Damon could very well be the answer, he very well may have the ability to maintain the high level of success - but the fact remains he wasn't their first, 10th, 20th or 50th choice.
The whole situation is still kind of confusing. I assume "administration" means President and or Principal. The administration is not new, at least the president isnt. He has been in place I believe for 11 or 12 years (I am sure someone will correct me if wrong). There has been a lot of football success over that time period with good coaching and talented athletes. I have read here about administration mingling and not providing support to the previous coach. Maybe someone can answer...what changed administratively that all of a sudden made this situation so toxic that the coach walks away from a successful gig, athletes transfer out and supposedly up to 50 coaches from a tri-county area had no interest. Were there issues all along with the administration that finally came to a head or were there recent issues that suddenly boiled over? Wow! Let's hope the ship gets righted.

50 Coaches and they went 0 for 50

The probability of that happening is like one in a million. The people here are delusional. This thread has been wrong the entire time. I everyone talks like they know everything and the reality is none of you really knew anything.

“50 people turned them down” No they didn’t
“Buente not being considered” Gets Hired
“Jay Lude considered” Did not even apply
“Numerous people coming” they did not come
“No one wants a state title runner up” False

just lie after lie after lie to make it seem like you’re in the know when in reality, most of you don’t know anything. Good luck to Coach Buente, but not a JFK guy at all

50 Coaches and they went 0 for 50

The probability of that happening is like one in a million. The people here are delusional. This thread has been wrong the entire time. I everyone talks like they know everything and the reality is none of you really knew anything.

just lie after lie after lie to make it seem like you’re in the know when in reality, most of you don’t know anything. Good luck to Coach Buente, but not a JFK guy at all
Spot on! Was going to say pretty much the same thing.

Here's a day-2 follow-up story on the hiring, with quotes from Buente, the Kennedy president, and coach Mike Pavalansky, under whom Buente played for at Canfield and got his coaching start. Given all the accusations and insinuations around Prologo abruptly leaving, I found this quote rather...interesting?:

“Coach Pavlansky and Coach Prologo always told me that no amount of outside pressure will be greater than the pressure you place upon yourself,” Buente said. “I fully embrace the challenge and the opportunity to maintain the Kennedy tradition.”

Link: https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/local-sports/2023/03/kennedy-names-buente-as-head-coach/

This thread has been wrong the entire time. I everyone talks like they know everything and the reality is none of you really knew anything.

just lie after lie after lie to make it seem like you’re in the know when in reality, most of you don’t know anything.

This offends me.

Dave Rach has been the next coach at South Range since he was born, they took a month too, most processes take about that long. I’m sure they did reach out to others to see interest. Acting like every coach in America turned this job down is just wrong. This isn’t 1st grade, yelling something to be fact does not make you right.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Players love the guy and he hasn’t even coached a game. It’s guys like you that pray on JFK’s downfall.
I like jfk and if you followed anything on this site before today you would know that you moron. Im sorry but an unproven coach isn’t going to get kids to stay if they already had one foot out the door. Do some research on this site before making an account to defend your buddy or yourself

I have 0 knowledge of exactly who was, wasn't, may have been, or who should of been offered the JFK position, and doubt many on here running their mouth posting do either. Without a transition plan in place, how many programs go to the first guy they talk to and get him? I would like to know the factual number that were actually offered the job, not reached out to, not talked to, actually offered the job. Personally I have a few names in mind myself, but those would be reaches in the position and situation those names are in. I have no idea how the hire will go, neither does anyone else with a first time head coach, but he has been with some good ones.
What I can say for a fact, is that a key 2 way player on his way out the door within days is now back in the fold with this hire. Still a tall mountain to climb, but the bleeding has stopped for the time being. Let's give the guy a chance and see what he does.

I certainly don't know the whole story, but I've heard that a lot of kids love Coach Buente and some of the jumpers want to come back but can't. Kennedy will be fine. As long as Men like Temp stick around we'll be in the mix come playoff time. Coach Buente, Rock and Roll. You got this.

I certainly don't know the whole story, but I've heard that a lot of kids love Coach Buente and some of the jumpers want to come back but can't. Kennedy will be fine. As long as Men like Temp stick around we'll be in the mix come playoff time. Coach Buente, Rock and Roll. You got this.
That's the issue. The ones that left are key to the offense and defense. They were virtually the entire skill and production. There is hope in the school that some of the soccer players flip to football. I'm not so sure that will happen, or how much of a difference it would make. There is really only 1 or 2 who have played football before. I am happy that they finally hired a coach and got some stability, but I am afraid that the turmoil took too big of a bite out of the roster. A first time head coach, a lack of talent and very low numbers is going to lead to a few lean years. I hope I'm wrong but I'm just being realistic.

Why can't they come back?
One player is not coming back, regardless of what the kid wanted.
Another is a nice player, but his father is not. Trouble maker that wanted to be a "coach" since the kid was in JH. Good riddance
The other 2 are off to higher profile schools. Wish them the best. They are talented, but were never long for JFK.

No legacy type players in the next few classes.

None of this has anything to do with the administration or coaches.

One player is not coming back, regardless of what the kid wanted.
Another is a nice player, but his father is not. Trouble maker that wanted to be a "coach" since the kid was in JH. Good riddance
The other 2 are off to higher profile schools. Wish them the best. They are talented, but were never long for JFK.

No legacy type players in the next few classes.

None of this has anything to do with the administration or coaches.
Where did they end up going