2 Springfield vs 7 fairmont rematch

Who wins

• Springfield

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Fairmont

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters
Generally yes. Why do players shake hands?
Are you kidding me? All you do is bitch and complain about your coach when Wayne loses. In fact, the complaining starts before the game does. I've been the one saying just maybe the better team played hard and won. But Wayne fans like you dispute that and keep calling for Mukes' head. And you have the audacity to try to criticize others for not being gracious in defeat?? My God...

Similar to my post on the thread when these two met earlier in this season. The longer Springfield allows Fairmont to hang around, and play their tempo, the more difficult this game becomes. Fairmont is a good football team, they're well coached, and their brand of football makes them very difficult to beat. Springfield has more talent and athleticism, but the quicker they can get out in front, the better. Don't be surprised if this is another battle. I'll go with:

Springfield 24
Fairmont 21

Are you kidding me? All you do is bitch and complain about your coach when Wayne loses. In fact, the complaining starts before the game does. I've been the one saying just maybe the better team played hard and won. But Wayne fans like you dispute that and keep calling for Mukes' head. And you have the audacity to try to criticize others for not being gracious in defeat?? My God...
No, you call losses by SHS flukes. You don’t give credit where credit is due. I’ll be watching what’s said by you and other posters when SHS loses again this year.

No, you call losses by SHS flukes. You don’t give credit where credit is due. I’ll be watching what’s said by you and other posters when SHS loses again this year.
Well we certainly can't say the same for Wayne. There's just too many losses every year to explain away aren't there? There is something to be said for losing in Canton in the very last HS football game of the year in the entire state as opposed to yet another early 1st round tournament exit.

Well we certainly can't say the same for Wayne. There's just too many losses every year to explain away aren't there? There is something to be said for losing in Canton in the very last HS football game of the year in the entire state as opposed to yet another early 1st round tournament exit.
Enjoy it. Keep the smack talk coming. The higher you climb, the harder the fall.

I’m confident things will change.

James 4:6

One thing people are disregarding about fairmont is the age and experience. There are a lot of seniors on that team compared to SHS. That goes a long way when the pressure is on. They managed to handle the pressure last week and make a comeback.

One thing people are disregarding about fairmont is the age and experience. There are a lot of seniors on that team compared to SHS. That goes a long way when the pressure is on. They managed to handle the pressure last week and make a comeback.
What experience? Fairmont has no experience winning and going far in the playoffs

What experience? Fairmont has no experience winning and going far in the playoffs
In game experience. You guys start a lot of first time starters on the dline and oline. Your skill positions have experience. Schondo has never played in front of a real big crowd. Fairmont’s band is probably larger than some of those crowds at arcanum games.

If you’re good enough, they’ll find you. Look at Josh Myers from the Burg. His whole high school career was blocking in the wing t. Now when he got to Ohio State he was definitely behind when it came to pass blocking, but caught up pretty quick. I believe if you have the size and ability, they will find you.
I wasn't referring to just linemen….wrs too and qbs. Unless you plan on going to Army, Navy etc

In game experience. You guys start a lot of first time starters on the dline and oline. Your skill positions have experience. Schondo has never played in front of a real big crowd. Fairmont’s band is probably larger than some of those crowds at arcanum games.
Disagree. The game earleir in the year against Wayne was standing room only. He will be fine in that department.

I think it comes down to Springfield being smart on offense. Establish a run game, take what the defense gives you. Dont have to press for the deep balls. If time of possession is close Springfield wins. Defense was on the field for 36 mins last game. Cant happen again and expect to win.

Apparantly you've never been to Centerville Stadium during a clash of top 10 state rated teams where the league championship is on the line. Also sounds like you've never seen or heard the CJB. They have been Grand National Champions. Schondelmyer is quite familiar with both though. You might wanna check out his stats from that game. Then, you should just admit you're an SHS hater who makes up s*** out of thin air.

Last edited:
Just here to see if either of these teams played Fairfield. I heard this is the litmus test of all high school football.
Why do you need to come here for that? In other posts, you've discussed past game results of Fairfield, LW and Princeton. So obviously youre familiar with the GMC stats website and other sources of game stats info. Are you just trying to ruin this thread? If so, please take that elsewhere. Have a good week

Do you really think I give a r@t$ @$$ what you'll be watching? You're too full of yourself. Are you a famous feltcher that goes by Richard Cranium? :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see your point. LOL!
Wayne is sinking dangerously fast into the basement with Beavercreek. I'll point out that after last year's state title game, there were no congrats or graciousness from Wayne fans towards SHS. It was just more of the same you know what

Last edited:
Do you really think I give a r@t$ @$$ what you'll be watching? You're too full of yourself. Are you a famous feltcher that goes by Richard Cranium? :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He acts like he has supervisory authority over everyone and we're all supposed to be accountable to him. Wayne's demise coupled with the success of other GWOC schools has really driven him over the edge. It's like the movie Taxi Driver.

Springfield gets revenge on the only loss this season 21-10. Cats needs to take care of the ball this Friday.
IMO, SHS needs to employ a more patient, clock killing offense to keep the defense off the field for longer periods of time as compared to the 1st game. Similar to what they did against Marysville and Moeller last year.

I always thought Wayne fans were sore losers.
They are. They don't believe in passing the baton to fellow GWOC schools. If they can't have it all, then no one else should either. I can honestly say anytime a league school sent a team to State in any sport, going back to Centerville football's playoff run in 1991, I always rooted for them to win. It's high time the Dayton area started winning D1 state football titles. Even better if multiple GWOC schools won them. But Wayne fans don't see it that way. They just see their glass as empty and wallow in self pity. It's a shame.