Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

Just ignoring Bellefontaine being better than they were last year who beat Watterson and Tri Valley, on the road
Are you assuming Watterson isn’t better than last year? They just finished beating the team that gave Tri Valley it’s only L this season. Your team isn’t the only team to improve year to year

Are you assuming Watterson isn’t better than last year? They just finished beating the team that gave Tri Valley it’s only L this season. Your team isn’t the only team to improve year to year
I think Footballguy has a point. What strikes me about R11 at this point is there looks to be a lot of parity. I don't see any team in R11 that is a significant favorite. There are several solid teams that could get hot in post season and take R11. Watterson and Bellefontaine are two strong contenders.

I’m just pointing out you said it’s a two team race yet the team who beat both last year and is right up there with them got no mention. Just felt they should get acknowledged that’s all

I think Footballguy has a point. What strikes me about R11 at this point is there looks to be a lot of parity. I don't see any team in R11 that is a significant favorite. There are several solid teams that could get hot in post season and take R11. Watterson and Bellefontaine are two strong contenders.
Could be true -- I think many see Watterson schedule, its only loss an instant classic to the #1 team in R10, and its wins versus 2 D2 Desales/Dublin and the Granville win as better SOS. Bellfontaine best win is Licking which is hard to get read on as it appears to be really good then really bad in different games and its loss to a D5 school. Who knows we will need to find put on the field.

I think Footballguy has a point. What strikes me about R11 at this point is there looks to be a lot of parity. I don't see any team in R11 that is a significant favorite. There are several solid teams that could get hot in post season and take R11. Watterson and Bellefontaine are two strong conten
Could be true -- I think many see Watterson schedule, its only loss an instant classic to the #1 team in R10, and its wins versus 2 D2 Desales/Dublin and the Granville win as better SOS. Bellfontaine best win is Licking which is hard to get read on as it appears to be really good then really bad in different games and its loss to a D5 school. Who knows we will need to find put on the f
Could be true -- I think many see Watterson schedule, its only loss an instant classic to the #1 team in R10, and its wins versus 2 D2 Desales/Dublin and the Granville win as better SOS. Bellfontaine best win is Licking which is hard to get read on as it appears to be really good then really bad in different games and its loss to a D5 school. Who knows we will need to find put on the field.
True i never like to make predictions anything can happen it’s high school football after all, & Bellefontaines loss to the D5 school who is a strong contender to make back to back appearances in the state title game isn’t as bad as it seems. I personally would like to see Bellefontaine be really tested but since coldwater they haven’t been in a game they’ve been in danger of losing.

I’m just pointing out you said it’s a two team race yet the team who beat both last year and is right up there with them got no mention. Just felt they should get acknowledged that’s all
You’re absolutely right on that point. They should be talked about especially since they have a Power 5 recruit at the most important position on the field. I still find it amazing that with all the perceived solid programs in that conference that no CBC team has ever won state. I don’t know if any former CBC teams have. You would think that one of those schools would’ve done it

I wouldn't sleep on BF at all. Comparing schedules and wins/losses is all we can do until they hit that field. I think they should be respected as a contender until proven otherwise.

Would love to see a postseason matchup, would mean Bellefontaine took care of business in the early rounds and we’d likely be in for a classic, who doesn’t like great postseason football.

Hartley was lucky to win this week. Hartley played like a city league team and probably had 300 yards in penalties.
Must be nice to bash the football team of the decade in Columbus Ohio (Bishop Hartley) and the Columbus City league! The city league has a lot of talent. Enjoy your moment! You didn't say that in the last 13 years win Harley was winning state championships, regional championships and beating teams from Division 1 to 7. Hartley is down this year, but they will regroup and be fine when the playoffs start in Division 4. When you only bring back 4 starters from last year, what do you expect? Also, the starting tailback has been out for the last 4 games, and they lost close games that they should've won. They also have the 3rd strongest schedule in the state in their division. They are in a rebuilding mode!

I agree that they need to cut down on the penalties!

I merely pointed out certain unpopular sociological facts. And a few days later, the Columbus Dispatch printed an article saying the same thing and included pictorial evidence. They even used the same words, "structural and systemic racism" in the same dry academic manner that I did:

your own words

"It can't be that what you mean is that both teams have Black players and the pasty Watterson community is implicitly racist but perfectly ok with Black kids who "act white" as one alumnus described it to me."

Wow. You're really full of hate.
Not at all. I respect the hell out of their coach and program on the field. I just don’t buy everything they’re selling off the field. I’m also more than a little jealous that they get to compete in a much lower division in football…..regardless of what magic tricks they pulled to get there.

No magic tricks. It was just the change in the Competitive Balance rule that allowed for the Columbus Diocese feeder school kids to count as Tier 0 as long as they attend the high school in their designated attendance zone.

5. Submission of Attendance Zones for Schools Within Non-Public School Systems with
Defined Geographic Boundaries
- There is an exception in place for tiering non-public school students who attend a school within
non-public school systems with defined geographic boundaries that mirrors the process utilized by
schools within multi-high school public districts.
- The Diocese shall be required to submit to the OHSAA Office the attendance zones for their
schools following a similar process as that described in Item 4 above, and students shall be tiered
based on the student’s educational history and the residence of the student and at least one
parent.
- This currently only applies to schools within the Columbus Diocese.

I merely pointed out certain unpopular sociological facts. And a few days later, the Columbus Dispatch printed an article saying the same thing and included pictorial evidence. They even used the same words, "structural and systemic racism" in the same dry academic manner that I did:
That’s laughable. The Columbus Dispatch...There right up with The National Inquier.
They are trying to be The MSNBC/CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC of Print Media.
Main Stream Fake News Bias Hypocrites with a Big injection of Wokeness.
Today’s Columbus Dispatch is as Racist as Brother Al Sharpton. You better crawl back under
Your ROCK. Hard to Believe The DisGrace is even in business. J.W.Wolfe is not Happy.

Last edited:
No magic tricks. It was just the change in the Competitive Balance rule that allowed for the Columbus Diocese feeder school kids to count as Tier 0 as long as they attend the high school in their designated attendance zone.

5. Submission of Attendance Zones for Schools Within Non-Public School Systems with
Defined Geographic Boundaries
- There is an exception in place for tiering non-public school students who attend a school within
non-public school systems with defined geographic boundaries that mirrors the process utilized by
schools within multi-high school public districts.
- The Diocese shall be required to submit to the OHSAA Office the attendance zones for their
schools following a similar process as that described in Item 4 above, and students shall be tiered
based on the student’s educational history and the residence of the student and at least one
parent.
- This currently only applies to schools within the Columbus Diocese.
I’m aware of the rule. As we’ve discussed before…Hartley’s drop in male enrollment compared to female enrollment raises an eyebrow. That trend not being followed in other diocese schools raises another eyebrow. Now let’s look at the CB #s of the other diocese schools before and after the new rule was implemented. Watterson dropped from 52 to 48. DeSales dropped from 72 to 64. Ready somehow increased from 21 to 60. The magician Burchfield managed to slash the CB # from 69 down to 39. At this point I’m all out of eyebrows to raise. There is no way you can explain that away as legit. Someone out of those 4 schools is playing by a different set of rules.

The magician Burchfield managed to slash the CB # from 69 down to 39. At this point I’m all out of eyebrows to raise. There is no way you can explain that away as legit. Someone out of those 4 schools is playing by a different set of rules.
It's simple. A number of kids on the roster who counted as a +1 under the old rules were changed to +0 because they attended a feeder school. Another number of kids opted for KIPP. It's not complicated.

It's simple. A number of kids on the roster who counted as a +1 under the old rules were changed to +0 because they attended a feeder school. Another number of kids opted for KIPP. It's not complicated.
Right…those are the rules. I’m aware of that. How you choose to follow the rules and which male students you determine are no longer “Hartley material” are completely up to the school. Hartley’s drop when all other diocese schools didn’t see a similar dip is a great coincidence for them. Go Hawks!

Racist is an accurate description. Here's an alternate source for you:

1665864874572.png