Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

Insightful. Hartley is located in a part of town with failing public schools and welcomes low-income kids. Watterson is rich and (let's be nice) "exclusive." We've already covered this territory.
Houston to Sapientia, Most public schools are Failing. Talk about schools in tough neighborhoods
Why is Cleveland Benedictine not on the Voucher list. Excuses are like A#@holes everyone has one.
Where Benny is Located makes Zettler Rd Beverly Hills.

I think both are, and I think a lot of Watterson parents will be praying fervently for the safety of their vehicles on Friday.
That is how you feel about people that live around Hartley? They are criminals who will destroy cars and fight people in stands? Why - because they don't have as much. man you are a horrible classist...... Showing your butt here man.

That is how you feel about people that live around Hartley?
There was a drive by murder just beyond center field fence during a girl's softball game a few years back. The principal (great guy from Watterson) told the student body not to use the gas station on the other side of Livingston. It's a rough neighborhood in spots. Berwick west of James is a nice and pleasant neighborhood of good working class folks who would fit right into Upper Arlington if it weren't for its ahem historic structural attributes. My family went there for more than a decade, so it's not what I feel about the neighborhood that makes Watterson people get nervous when it gets, uh, dark at night.

Why is it there are no teams in Ohio that want to play Toledo Central Catholic or let them in their conference?

^Seems like a conversation better hashed out over a pregame meal at Murph’s. Maybe saurak can serve as the mediator, after a few car bombs.

Does Palazzo & Associates have this game, or the Jacoby Bowl?

Last edited:
The last time the Hawks went to Jim Rockwell Stadium they lost. 🤔
1666409142491.gif

…do I support the Catholic school, or do I support the Cradle of Catholicism?

Ouch...Zettler Rd is traveling to Perry County. Is that Halloween weekend?
WOW
It is, indeed, Halloween weekend.

Sap, 256 east is closed between Baltimore and Rt. 37. You’re going to have to take The Dock way to get to PC.

Not a very big turnout on the Watterson side but they brought 5 or 6 piano players.
Buddy you are a piece of work. My wife and I attended the game and crowd was just fine for watty. Also, facilities were nice and Hartley folks we met were extremely nice! No thugs running around the parking lots as you claimed there would be. You might claim Hartley but I doubt they claim you back.

As for game, reminded me of Watty- desales in many ways. Both defenses much better then both offenses. Hartley only threw one pass (the last hail Mary) over 10 yards downfield. I get they have a system but dang that is conservative!. Watty couldn't run at ALL. Both teams threw bad INT's for pick 6 TD's. Both teams played hard and I think Watty wore down Hartley in the 4th quarter as Hartley off looked extra gases. Good effort by all.

Proud of this group for Watterson. super hard fought CCL championship! Go eagles.

Buddy you are a piece of work. My wife and I attended the game and crowd was just fine for watty. Also, facilities were nice and Hartley folks we met were extremely nice! No thugs running around the parking lots as you claimed there would be. You might claim Hartley but I doubt they claim you back.

As for game, reminded me of Watty- desales in many ways. Both defenses much better then both offenses. Hartley only threw one pass (the last hail Mary) over 10 yards downfield. I get they have a system but dang that is conservative!. Watty couldn't run at ALL. Both teams threw bad INT's for pick 6 TD's. Both teams played hard and I think Watty wore down Hartley in the 4th quarter as Hartley off looked extra gases. Good effort by all.

Proud of this group for Watterson. super hard fought CCL championship! Go eagles.
Thank you for the great piece of writing here. The Catholic schools here like to bang heads whenever they play each other but off the field they are kind to each other. I saw the boys from Watterson and Hartley pulling each other up off the ground after a play (many times). On Hartley volleyball's senior night against Watterson, the Hartley family gave the girls from Watterson a flower. We love our CCL schools. Great educational facilities with kindness and humanity as core concepts. Hateful people should keep their hate out of this forum.

Not a Watty fan but happy for them. I didn’t believe in them till they proved it on the field and they did. It wasn’t long ago that people on these threads said Watterson was finished because they didn’t get the athletes they used to and didn’t get an influx of athletes the Hartley way.
Speaking of the “home grown” Hartley team there was a recent post on Twitter of all of their freshmen from their only diocese feeder program…St Pius. There were 4 or 5. So if Hartley is home grown their freshman team is full of players that are trying to play football for the first time ever. I hope they like their first experience playing football.