(1-1) Massillon @ (2-0) Mansfield -

I have to say I was not impressed with Massillon at all. Maybe I just expected to see way bigger Linemen and athletes. The QB looked terrible at best. The Oline looks very undersized for a program of Massillons caliber. The safeties and Corners were tiny. I can’t believe number 10 even steps on the field for Massillon. I knew Massillon would win just based off the fact that Mansfield has to many kids that have to go both ways. The overall size of Massillons players just wowed me with how small they were. Like I said I just expected to see much bigger players then what showed up. Also other then that first TD play Massillon really didnt do anything. Mansfield gave Massillon those other two TDs on bad punting. Take those away and Massillon had one big play the whole first half. In all reality this game was more of a 21-0 game not 33-0. Bad news is Massillon definitely isn’t winning a state championship this year thats for sure. Also do they not have a live tiger anymore?
You do realize age wise Massillon is playing with a JV team. Almost this entire team comes back next year and a lot of them are sophomores so they will be here for 2 more years. But Thanks for playing.

I have to say I was not impressed with Massillon at all. Maybe I just expected to see way bigger Linemen and athletes. The QB looked terrible at best. The Oline looks very undersized for a program of Massillons caliber. The safeties and Corners were tiny. I can’t believe number 10 even steps on the field for Massillon. I knew Massillon would win just based off the fact that Mansfield has to many kids that have to go both ways. The overall size of Massillons players just wowed me with how small they were. Like I said I just expected to see much bigger players then what showed up. Also other then that first TD play Massillon really didnt do anything. Mansfield gave Massillon those other two TDs on bad punting. Take those away and Massillon had one big play the whole first half. In all reality this game was more of a 21-0 game not 33-0. Bad news is Massillon definitely isn’t winning a state championship this year thats for sure. Also do they not have a live tiger anymore?
Yep all just a bunch of 5’3” 125# nobodies. 😂😂
Mansfield had to punt so much because the Tiger D just smothered them.
Mansfield had NEGATIVE 29 yards rushing, 97 total yards and 7 first downs. 😂

Evidently you didn’t go to the game. LOL.

Massillon not winning a state championship this year doesn't sound like it'd be bad news for you lol.

I could careless if they win a state title or not lol. Like I said I just expected a higher caliber team then what I saw. Theres no doubt Massillons defense did well at stopping Mansfields Offense but honestly Mansfields offense hasn’t been that great looking. They beat a terrible NCH and Norwalk team. I thought Massillon would score over 40 though and they didn’t. Like I said Mansfield gift wrapped Massillon two of those TDs. I did like that WR number 18. Im guessing he’s getting some D1 looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could careless if they win a state title or not lol. Like I said I just expected a higher caliber team then what I saw. Theres no doubt Massillons defense did well at stopping Mansfields Offense but honestly Mansfields offense hasn’t been that great looking. They beat a terrible NCH and Norwalk team. I thought Massillon would score over 40 though and they didn’t. Like I said Mansfield gift wrapped Massillon two of those TDs. I did like that WR number 18. Im guessing he’s getting some D1 looks.
It's a young team, I'm sorry they weren't as big and strong and macho as you had hoped.

It was 33-0.

Maybe Massillon respects Mansfield for stepping up and playing them? So many others won't. The defense had the game in hand. 33-0 is a solid win. How much more did the O need to do?

A certain sample YTD.

VS Canadian Teams 0-1
D1vs D1 0-1
D1 vs D2 and below 3-4
A certain D2 team got a running clock put on them by this same D3 Mansfield team.
3 of these teams have been on the wrong end of a running clock by a team in a lower division than they are.
14 of 21 games against lower division opponents.

Good thing out of conference is almost over!

Hmmmm

Last edited:
Unlike Crazy Ram, I was impressed with Massillon on all aspects. QB is young and will improve. RB is a load to bring down. The real deal, tho, is a defense that hits you. I don't know where he gets line was undersized! Front 7 whooped up the young Tyger line. Senior's fallacy on special teams is same-o, same-o. They put a bunch of second teamers out there to block and cover. I can think of 5 games that they lost because of that philosophy. Last night was not one of them. Really disappointed in Offensive coaches for not being more creative with no adjustments. Good luck to Massillon the rest of the year and we will slink on back to D3.