2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
?‍♂️I’m confused .. massillon82 called me a in my PM. For saying call the oline coach to the carpet . I just saw Moore called out ?‍♂️ On a public forum Massillon 82.. if we can’t protect , open running and passing lanes, drive off the ball at least a half yard .. long season !! What happend to it starts up front , both sides of the ball .

?‍♂️I’m confused .. massillon82 called me a in my PM. For saying call the oline coach to the carpet . I just saw Moore called out ?‍♂️ On a public forum Massillon 82.. if we can’t protect , open running and passing lanes, drive off the ball at least a half yard .. long season !! What happend to it starts up front , both sides of the ball .
Hey I called Moore out because what I saw today and said about Massillon Being undisciplined is still factual. I spoke to a certain gentleman and he said the same thing. Nate needs to wake up and get this team disciplined and fast. It starts and ends with him. He’s the head coach. And you’re absolutely right, it starts up front. Now with Bond and Jones out right now I expect some growing pains. I saw some promise with the run blocking at times but the pass blocking needs a ton of work. Again, when those other 2 kids get back I think the line will be much improved and will get better each week. And yea the offensive line coach needs to get on these boys and get them better and quick. Week 1 will not be fun for us if we look anything like we did today. I believe there is a ton of talent on this roster. We just have to clean some things up and Nate Moore needs to do a better job with the discipline. Some of you might not like what I have to say and that’s fine but you’ll see week 1 if things don’t get taken care of and now

Hey I called Moore out because what I saw today and said about Massillon Being undisciplined is still factual. I spoke to a certain gentleman and he said the same thing. Nate needs to wake up and get this team disciplined and fast. It starts and ends with him. He’s the head coach. And you’re absolutely right, it starts up front. Now with Bond and Jones out right now I expect some growing pains. I saw some promise with the run blocking at times but the pass blocking needs a ton of work. Again, when those other 2 kids get back I think the line will be much improved and will get better each week. And yea the offensive line coach needs to get on these boys and get them better and quick. Week 1 will not be fun for us if we look anything like we did today. I believe there is a ton of talent on this roster. We just have to clean some things up and Nate Moore needs to do a better job with the discipline. Some of you might not like what I have to say and that’s fine but you’ll see week 1 if things don’t get taken care of and now
Your 100% right. Discipline has been a problem for years. That’s on the coaches for not straightening that out. I did see a few plays from the scrimmage today. I see our receivers still don’t block on running plays. Hope they clean it up. Moeller and Ed’s will destroy us if they play anything less than near perfect football.

Your 100% right. Discipline has been a problem for years. That’s on the coaches for not straightening that out. I did see a few plays from the scrimmage today. I see our receivers still don’t block on running plays. Hope they clean it up. Moeller and Ed’s will destroy us if they play anything less than near perfect football.
There is a lot to clean up. And nope still no blocking on the run plays by our WR’s. Now the talent is absolutely out there. I have no doubts about that. Like I said we need Jones and Bond back and we will get them back most likely week 2. We were without Lenix and our 3 top safeties. But all that said that wasn’t my concern. We had way too many penalties again on simple things. False starts etc… so where is the discipline? Avon barely had any penalties. I don’t think Avon has near the talent Massillon has. But they were disciplined. They were ready to play. They looked sharp for a first scrimmage. I don’t understand why we weren’t? And last I’ll take the discipline a step further, we had guys all over the place on the sidelines. I don’t know how many times we had a coach trying to find a guy to rotate in because they were off talking to someone in the stands or just way away from the team. That right there shows me that you aren’t ready to go when you’re number is called. Discipline and being focused on what we needed to do today to get better was again a problem today. I try not to get to crazy over a scrimmage but I seen a team across from us today who’s been to the state semi finals 5 years in a row look the way I expect our Tigers to look. Very disappointing and I’m blaming most on the head coach.

Gotta love the sky is falling after the first scrimmage ?
I also remember years where we played tough against St Ed’s and how did those seasons end up. I would certainly think a game in November against Avon would mean a tad bit more then the glorified practice we had today.

Why did you delete the post moments after you posted it ?

Gotta love the sky is falling after the first scrimmage ?
I also remember years where we played tough against St Ed’s and how did those seasons end up. I would certainly think a game in November against Avon would mean a tad bit more then the glorified practice we had today.
Omg Nobody said the sky is falling. We’re talking about discipline. And I can tell you I spoke with a few coaches that felt the same way today. I promise you if what they brought today to week 1 we will get our azs’s kicked. We have a ton of talent. We also had some key players out today for numerous reasons but that’s not what we’re even talking about.

I don’t even know why I get on here and try to talk about things. Some of you just want to hear everything is perfect and 14-0 state champs. Heaven forbid anyone gets criticized in Massillon. News flash being undisciplined won’t win you the last game of the year unless we’re talking about Canton McKinley. Some of us are looking at the big picture. Jesus Christ take off the Orange and Black colored glasses and know it’s ok that we have a lot of work to do. We have a lot of room to improve. That’s a good thing. Nobody said we suck or we should cancel the season. But it’s the same thing year after year with this coaching staff. The team is still very undisciplined and it’s blatantly obvious to a lot of people including the ones wearing orange and black.

Now I’ll refrain from any further comments until the season is over good god

Omg Nobody said the sky is falling. We’re talking about discipline. And I can tell you I spoke with a few coaches that felt the same way today. I promise you if what they brought today to week 1 we will get our azs’s kicked. We have a ton of talent. We also had some key players out today for numerous reasons but that’s not what we’re even talking about.

I don’t even know why I get on here and try to talk about things. Some of you just want to hear everything is perfect and 14-0 state champs. Heaven forbid anyone gets criticized in Massillon. News flash being undisciplined won’t win you the last game of the year unless we’re talking about Canton McKinley. Some of us are looking at the big picture. Jesus Christ take off the Orange and Black colored glasses and know it’s ok that we have a lot of work to do. We have a lot of room to improve. That’s a good thing. Nobody said we suck or we should cancel the season. But it’s the same thing year after year with this coaching staff. The team is still very undisciplined and it’s blatantly obvious to a lot of people including the ones wearing orange and black.

Now I’ll refrain from any further comments until the season is over good god
Doesn’t every team have a ton of work to do after the first scrimmage ? If you don’t it’s going to be a long season for that team.
So you say you talked to a few coaches today, obviously they know the discipline is an issue and will work on getting it corrected. Now come week 9 and we have 3 unsportsmanlike and 4 offsides etc then obviously that issue starts at the top and he should be held accountable.
As for the talent thing, sure we have a few guys that have offers but obviously the OL doesn’t have 5 guys with big offers and I don’t know of 7-8 guys on D that have big offers, so maybe we need to pull back on the “this team is loaded” thing for a few weeks until the games that mean something count. I mean unless of course you feel the first scrimmage is a good barometer for how the season is going to go.

There is a lot to clean up. And nope still no blocking on the run plays by our WR’s. Now the talent is absolutely out there. I have no doubts about that. Like I said we need Jones and Bond back and we will get them back most likely week 2. We were without Lenix and our 3 top safeties. But all that said that wasn’t my concern. We had way too many penalties again on simple things. False starts etc… so where is the discipline? Avon barely had any penalties. I don’t think Avon has near the talent Massillon has. But they were disciplined. They were ready to play. They looked sharp for a first scrimmage. I don’t understand why we weren’t? And last I’ll take the discipline a step further, we had guys all over the place on the sidelines. I don’t know how many times we had a coach trying to find a guy to rotate in because they were off talking to someone in the stands or just way away from the team. That right there shows me that you aren’t ready to go when you’re number is called. Discipline and being focused on what we needed to do today to get better was again a problem today. I try not to get to crazy over a scrimmage but I seen a team across from us today who’s been to the state semi finals 5 years in a row look the way I expect our Tigers to look. Very disappointing and I’m blaming most on the head coach.
This post alone tells anyone that reads it that you know talent and how it relates to knowing what a kid should do on the field against an Avon, Hoban or Cincy power. So obviously your new job Monday morning should be talent evaluator for a D1 college.
“I try not to get to crazy over a scrimmage” but yet you made 4 posts that sounded like you couldn’t wait to rip the coaches and players. As has been the norm for you. So obviously you should be the HC for the game against Moeller because we all know with you in charge this team would be disciplined, not make any dumb penalties and you would have complete control of the sideline. Your team would go undefeated and win state, you are hired !

This post alone tells anyone that reads it that you know talent and how it relates to knowing what a kid should do on the field against an Avon, Hoban or Cincy power. So obviously your new job Monday morning should be talent evaluator for a D1 college.
“I try not to get to crazy over a scrimmage” but yet you made 4 posts that sounded like you couldn’t wait to rip the coaches and players. As has been the norm for you. So obviously you should be the HC for the game against Moeller because we all know with you in charge this team would be disciplined, not make any dumb penalties and you would have complete control of the sideline. Your team would go undefeated and win state, you are hired !
Dude can you stop with these kind of posts where you say anyone with an opinion thinks they should be the coach and the only people who know anything about football are the coaches and not one single fan knows anything at all about the game.

Did you attend the scrimmage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ dude can you stop with these kind of posts where you say anyone with an opinion thinks they should be the coach and the only people who know anything about football are the coaches and not one single fan knows anything at all about the game.

Did you attend the scrimmage?
The problem is it’s the same people that want to rip the coaches, the players and the program in general. When it’s constant then clearly the career path you have is not the one you want. It’s one thing to question things here and there but after the 2nd practice of the year, the first scrimmage and on and on, you get this “Saturday morning McDonald’s” mentality that just looks silly to everyone else.

Yes I was there, sitting in Sec 4 where I have sat for decades now.

The problem is it’s the same people that want to rip the coaches, the players and the program in general. When it’s constant then clearly the career path you have is not the one you want. It’s one thing to question things here and there but after the 2nd practice of the year, the first scrimmage and on and on, you get this “Saturday morning McDonald’s” mentality that just looks silly to everyone else.

Yes I was there, sitting in Sec 4 where I have sat for decades now.
So you were pleased with what you saw then?

So you were pleased with what you saw then?
I left saying “well there is alot of things to work on” and then saying “good thing they have a lot of time to work on them”.
Moore does more for the kids on his teams then any HC has in a long long time. The goals are to beat mck and win a state title. One of those goals he excels at and the other we have fallen short a few times and that’s just the nature of the game, there is only 1 champion at the end.
What gets me and other Tiger fans on this site is the constant coach and player ripping from 2-3 “fans” on here. I guarantee those same 2-3 fans would be driving the bus downtown after a title victory. Some of you never listened to Shepas when he came here and told us the problems we had, people hate to be told that and usually ignore people that are right.

Missed the scrimmage, anyone care to go more in depth with what they saw good and bad (outside of being undisciplined)

Glad we looked flat made mistakes and basically outplayed. Needed humbling. Had we "won" (it was a 1st scrimmage folks, lol) the same people losing their chit now would be predicting 15-0. Maybe quit building the team up as the 2nd coming every year. We are still young and it is very early.

Btw Avon is GOOD, they definitely have "near the talent we do" and coach Elder is a premier coach. A consistent contender, and great community support. Then realize we've been even more successful. Things could be worse. Just saying.

Glad we looked flat made mistakes and basically outplayed. Needed humbling. Had we "won" (it was a 1st scrimmage folks, lol) the same people losing their chit now would be predicting 15-0. Maybe quit building the team up as the 2nd coming every year. We are still young and it is very early.

Btw Avon is GOOD, they definitely have "near the talent we do" and coach Elder is a premier coach. A consistent contender, and great community support. Then realize we've been even more successful. Things could be worse. Just saying.
Yes. Several times Avon has taken young teams into this scrimmage and took some lumps. But that’s all part of the process. You want your team peaking as they head into the playoffs, not the scrimmages. Massillon and Coach Moore have a track record. They are favored by most to win R7 and will very likely accomplish that. After that you start facing the cream of the crop and just hope your team is healthy and catches a couple key breaks.

Discipline seems to be a topic that gets people riled up every season. Penalties can be frustrating for sure and there is always room for improvement but they seldom determine the outcome of the game. Coach Moore's record at Massillon is 71 and 20. In those 20 loses Massillon had more penalties and penalty yardage in only 5 games. Of those 5 only one game was close. A regular season game vs. St V. and even in that game Massillon only had 1 more penalty and 5 more penalty yards than St V. In the three state final games the opponents had more penalties and more penalty yardage than Massillon did. Even in the loss to Green, as lopsided as the penalties were , if we don't fumble late we still win. The bottom line is discipline is not the problem some think . Moore and his staff are smart guys if discipline was costing us games they would do more to fix it. GO TIGERS !!!

I left saying “well there is alot of things to work on” and then saying “good thing they have a lot of time to work on them”.
Moore does more for the kids on his teams then any HC has in a long long time. The goals are to beat mck and win a state title. One of those goals he excels at and the other we have fallen short a few times and that’s just the nature of the game, there is only 1 champion at the end.
What gets me and other Tiger fans on this site is the constant coach and player ripping from 2-3 “fans” on here. I guarantee those same 2-3 fans would be driving the bus downtown after a title victory. Some of you never listened to Shepas when he came here and told us the problems we had, people hate to be told that and usually ignore people that are right.
Isn't leaving the scrimmage and saying there is a lot to work on the same thing as someone seeing the same scrimmage and being a bit more descriptive in their assessment?

You were in drama class weren't you?
hahah unfortunately I was not, although some say I come with a high inherent level of drama and sarcasm…

Everything will be fine! I mean for goodness sake we made it to the regional championship and lost to perennial federal league powerhouse Green because of bad reffing.

Im sure they are just rotating players and seeing what works best. It’s early!

Status
Not open for further replies.