2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liebler and Page were the heir apparent duo at safety after last year but Hackenbracht is looming as well as the possibility of De’airre learning that position quickly and taking one of those spots.

Welch and Lenix are obviously the veterans at corner but neither played at a level that makes their position secure. If the 2 RB set works as well as I think it can then Freddie’s value will be on offense. Wiggins, Berry, Loquan Young, and others will be battling for those corner spots.
Yeah, that's the way I see it.. They'll just have to start sorting through who rises up.. High school kids are funny.. I think it's going to be Pringle and one of the 3 mentioned but at CB? Welch probably then whoever grabs the other spot.. Probably lots of rotation till mid season. Even though the CB's seem undersized at least a couple have game experience... Those Soph's could come into play

This is just me personally and I understand the most important thing is to be able to cover receivers, but some of those young fellas are small. Size isn’t everything but it certainly can’t hurt to have some size out there

This is just me personally and I understand the most important thing is to be able to cover receivers, but some of those young fellas are small. Size isn’t everything but it certainly can’t hurt to have some size out there
Roberson was about the same size as Berry and he started all year in 2019 so if you can play you can play regardless of size. If I’m the DC though I’m still having nightmares about what Trey Martin did to my undersized cornerback last year. The only one in the group that has size is Young and he will just be a sophomore so I’m thinking we will just have small corners this year and hope they play bigger than they actually are.

Roberson was about the same size as Berry and he started all year in 2019 so if you can play you can play regardless of size. If I’m the DC though I’m still having nightmares about what Trey Martin did to my undersized cornerback last year. The only one in the group that has size is Young and he will just be a sophomore so I’m thinking we will just have small corners this year and hope they play bigger than they actually are.
I agree with that to a certain degree. I’m not saying throw a kid out there just because he’s tall he’s obviously gotta be able to play. But You have to be damn good if you’re a small corner. And we have had some over the years who were very good. I was thinking like you, Trey Martin….

I agree with that to a certain degree. I’m not saying throw a kid out there just because he’s tall he’s obviously gotta be able to play. But You have to be damn good if you’re a small corner. And we have had some over the years who were very good. I was thinking like you, Trey Martin….
If Young shows any sort of potential during fall camp I’d be putting him in the rotation and let him develop over the course of the season.

Game time change:

Next up: Macedonia District Semi Finals 5/ 24 @ 1PM vs.12th seeded Mayfield @ Nordonia

Last edited:
Here are the results between Massillon Washington and Canton McKinley from the 2021-2022 sports season:

Boys Golf————————MW 193——CM 217
Girls Golf————————MW 218——CM 262
Girls Tennis———————CM 4——MW 1
Boys Soccer—————-—CM 6——MW1
Girls Soccer—————-—MW 3——CM 2
Football———————-—MW 35——CM 13
Girls Volleyball—————-MW 25-25-25——CM 15-20-20
Girls Cross Country———NO SCORE
Boys Cross Country———MW 528——CM 593 (Districts)
Boys Bowling——————DNP
Girls Bowling—————-—DNP
Boys Basketball—————CM 62——MW 49
Girls Basketball—————CM 63——MW 29
Gymnastics———————MW 121——CM 100
Wrestling————————MW 57——CM 20
Boys Swimming—————MW 96——CM 34
Girls Swimming—————CM 67——MW 66
Boys Track/Field—————MW 70——CM 67
Girls Track/ Field—————CM 67——MW 46
Boys Tennis———————MW 4——CM 1
Softball—————————MW 11——CM 1
Baseball————————-MW 2——CM 0——--MW 5——CM 1

The TIGERS have won the last 4 years of competition. Since 2002-2003 the Tigers have lead the series 11-5-4.

What’s everyone’s really early prediction saying Massillon stays DII? How far does this years team go?

Austin Brawley has decommitted from Kent St and accepted a full ride from Ohio U
F99BDFB3-6976-4BF5-ABEB-F959B06D5345.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.