2022 GCL Co-Ed

Alter boys baseball has been embarrassing for the last 8 years. (Longer really but do not have record past current year to 2014) It is the redheaded step child ( this saying shows you how old I am) of all the athletic programs. They do not have the coaching, or even the best talent in school playing for the team. Nobody but the parents of players and players care about baseball. No home field played for years at Brandt Field which was atrocious. Long time since I was around the program but certainly think every 5 years or so they could field a winning team?

RECORD Win Loss
2014 6 17
2015 9 13* Best year (UGH)
2016 5 14
2017 8 15
2018 2 21
2019 7 18
2020 PANDEMIC ** CORRECTION BEST YEAR
2021 6 20
2022 1 12
TOTAL 44 110 winning percentage .285
change that to TWO wins ?

CJ - 3
Badin - 0
Gcl getting pretty interesting now
Yes I watched the game and CJ is very solid. Younger Peltier is a nice player like his brother. Copenhaver didn't throw for Badin, not sure what is up with that as he only threw 4 against Moeller. My guess he may just issue too many BB. Badin just is struggling at the plate. The kid from CJ is certainly not overpowering but he gets the job done. Huge play by the 3b on a grounder and throw out at the plate. Badin squared two balls up that I saw. CJ threw Badin's Moore out on a 2b steal attempt, that's legit. Badin will finish 8-2, who will join them?

McNick beats Fenwick 4-2 in 9 innings. Both starters went 8 innings, leaving with it tied 1-1.

Fenwick chokes away their chance to have a 3 way tie for first.

Should be lots of scouts at that game

I think CJ will pull it off, Frasure will get it done on the mound and at the plate, also expect a huge game from the 5-tool ballplayer Peltier
Called it to a T. Frasure shoves and Peltier 2-3 with a triple. Could we see CJ, Badin, and Fenwick all share the GCL?

Yes I watched the game and CJ is very solid. Younger Peltier is a nice player like his brother. Copenhaver didn't throw for Badin, not sure what is up with that as he only threw 4 against Moeller. My guess he may just issue too many BB. Badin just is struggling at the plate. The kid from CJ is certainly not overpowering but he gets the job done. Huge play by the 3b on a grounder and throw out at the plate. Badin squared two balls up that I saw. CJ threw Badin's Moore out on a 2b steal attempt, that's legit. Badin will finish 8-2, who will join them?
Yeah the fact that Moore was actually thrown out on a steal attempt here was shocking given his track record.

Why? They've beaten both of them.
I know, Fenwick winning the league just doesn't seem right, probably the most shocking GCL baseball team in awhile

They've been close recently like third place finishes, and when there was a North and South they usually were runner-up to CJ, but I believe last time they won was 2016 when that completed there 3-peat of the North. I maybe wrong though

According to the league website Alter won the North 4 yrs in a row (09-12), Fenwick won 4 in a row (12-16) and CJ has won 2017-2019. They shared the league with Alter in 2015. Badin has won or tied every league title since 1992 except 2016 in which they lost in the state finals. Of course then CJ went on their historic run.

According to the league website Alter won the North 4 yrs in a row (09-12), Fenwick won 4 in a row (12-16) and CJ has won 2017-2019. They shared the league with Alter in 2015. Badin has won or tied every league title since 1992 except 2016 in which they lost in the state finals. Of course then CJ went on their historic run.
where did you get that? the league website only goes back to 2014

GCL south has stats from 2005-2014. The GCL was a big happy family at one point until little brother was kicked to the curb.
Fenwick and Carroll joined the league in 2007.

I know, Fenwick winning the league just doesn't seem right, probably the most shocking GCL baseball team in awhile

They've been close recently like third place finishes, and when there was a North and South they usually were runner-up to CJ, but I believe last time they won was 2016 when that completed there 3-peat of the North. I maybe wrong though
None of what you laid out there says they can't be a good team except "just doesn't seem right." That's not a very good argument.

Here's my argument for them being a pretty damn good team. They beat Badin decisively, and lost by 1 in their other game after starting the continuation of that game 0-0 with 2.5 innings left. They also beat CJ, putting 7 runs on Fasure, who you JUST touted last night as great for them. All of their losses have been by 1 run, except last night, which was 2.

My worry is their ability to step up and go from being very good, to great. The losses to Carroll, McNick, and to a certain extent the Trailblazers, show me a team that looks to play to the level of their competition. With that said, Badin is Badin. No reason to doubt them despite their two league losses. But why so high on CJ? Especially when compared to Fenwick. ??‍♂️

And to correct what you said, they finished 2nd in the league last year, and that was after turning around a horrible start. McNick is missing a league game, so the standing show them in 2nd because its automatically sorted by win percentage. Fenwick was given the 2nd place along with McNick, which is evident from their 1st team and 2nd team awards winners.

Last edited:
None of what you laid out there says they can't be a good team except "just doesn't seem right." That's not a very good argument.

Here's my argument for them being a pretty damn good team. They beat Badin decisively, and lost by 1 in their other game after starting the continuation of that game 0-0 with 2.5 innings left. They also beat CJ, putting 7 runs on Fasure, who you JUST touted last night as great for them. All of their losses have been by 1 run, except last night, which was 2.

My worry is their ability to step up and go from being very good, to great. The losses to Carroll, McNick, and to a certain extent the Trailblazers, show me a team that looks to play to the level of their competition. With that said, Badin is Badin. No reason to doubt them despite their two league losses. But why so high on CJ? Especially when compared to Fenwick. ??‍♂️

And to correct what you said, they finished 2nd in the league last year, and that was after turning around a horrible start. McNick is missing a league game, so the standing show them in 2nd because its automatically sorted by win percentage. Fenwick was given the 2nd place along with McNick, which is evident from their 1st team and 2nd team awards winners.
I get it isn't a good argument, nor was it supposed to be. all I said was crazy considering I thought they wouldn't be that good with graduating their two best players, nothing against them now, they are a very good ball team. But if you were to tell me Fenwick would beat Badin four months ago I would say you are out of your dang mind. My apologies for making it seem like I thought Fenwick wasn't good

I get it isn't a good argument, nor was it supposed to be. all I said was crazy considering I thought they wouldn't be that good with graduating their two best players, nothing against them now, they are a very good ball team. But if you were to tell me Fenwick would beat Badin four months ago I would say you are out of your dang mind. My apologies for making it seem like I thought Fenwick wasn't good
Before yesterday I would have said it was

1 Badin
2 Fenwick
3 CJ

That's based on Fenwick beating both Badin and CJ. But after CJ showing they can also beat Badin, and Fenwick showing they probably have a problem with playing to their competition, the top 3 in my opinion is

1 Badin
2 Fenwick & CJ

Both teams will have their chance to prove who is better in their matchup that's left in the league schedule. It will be after the tournament seedings, but should still have league standings implications. Fortunately for both of them they are in different districts (Dayton/Cincy), so neither should be affected by seedings by not having that 2nd game against each other.

Last edited:
I have seen all three play and I would agree that CJ and Fenwick were pretty equal. CJ has 3-4 really nice players at the top of their lineup and I don't believe Fenwick matches that however that Falcons 9 make up the difference when comparing the two. With the young arms those two teams have the Rams could be in trouble in the next couple of years though they play quite a few juniors this year. CJ tourney trail looks rather easy on paper as there appears to be not much strength though Eaton is having a nice season.
When I saw Badin against Moeller I thought Badin was the better team as they have some athletes at almost every position. I went and watched them the very next day against North Canton and I was surprised they were so lackluster.
I must say the younger Peltier kid can play, love his zest for the game.

Before yesterday I would have said it was

1 Badin
2 Fenwick
3 CJ

That's based on Fenwick beating both Badin and CJ. But after CJ showing they can also beat Badin, and Fenwick showing they probably have a problem with playing to their competition, the top 3 in my opinion is

1 Badin
2 Fenwick & CJ

Both teams will have their chance to prove who is better in their matchup that's left in the league schedule. It will be after the tournament seedings, but should still have league standings implications. Fortunately for both of them they are in different districts (Dayton/Cincy), so neither should be affected by seedings by not having that 2nd game against each other.
Fenwick will likely get the rare chance to throw the same pitcher all 4 games against CJ and Badin

I have seen all three play and I would agree that CJ and Fenwick were pretty equal. CJ has 3-4 really nice players at the top of their lineup and I don't believe Fenwick matches that however that Falcons 9 make up the difference when comparing the two. With the young arms those two teams have the Rams could be in trouble in the next couple of years though they play quite a few juniors this year. CJ tourney trail looks rather easy on paper as there appears to be not much strength though Eaton is having a nice season.
When I saw Badin against Moeller I thought Badin was the better team as they have some athletes at almost every position. I went and watched them the very next day against North Canton and I was surprised they were so lackluster.
I must say the younger Peltier kid can play, love his zest for the game.
CJ hardly being able to carry a JV anymore likely going to lead to less depth 1-9 for a while. Tough when you have 23-27 in the whole program. Carroll and Alter have been dealing with that in recent years. Sad to see Carroll with no JV.

Alter - 4
Brookville - 2

Max Homan goes all 7 giving up one hit 0 ER while punching out 8, Alter can be a threat if they cut down on walks and errors.