2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone think our offensive line will do this year? The roster doesn't have a lot of upperclassmen that are 250 plus and I think we all have to agree we like to run the ball between the tackles. We should have a nice stable of backs though. The Pringle kid seems to fit our power running style.

The usual suspects. Hoban, LaSalle, Winton Woods, Massillon, Avon, Toledo CC. The question is always who else, if anyone, will rise to challenge that group like Green did? Hudson, Fitch, Warren Harding, Walsh, Benedictine, Avon Lake, Olmsted Falls, Anthony Wayne, Big Walnut, etc? Will someone jump up divisions, like Chardon or Glenville and be a factor? Could a good D1 drop to D2? Other than those things, expect that first group to have most of the say-so in D2.
Hey fellas, don't forget we may not be D2 anymore, that won't be decided till they meet this summer. If they keep the current 16 teams make the playoffs, they might need to bump up some of the D2 teams and as someone already pointed out in this thread, with the competitive balance formula in play, we could very well be in that group. last year in D1 if Lorain hadn't beat Shaw in week 9, you would have had a team with 0 wins qualify as the last team in and they want to avoid that again since they only have 16 teams the goal would be 20-24 in D1. As it was Lorain went into playoffs with a 1-9 record and had to play Ed's. I'd rather see 8 teams like we used to or even 12 with the first 4 getting a bye, and we stay put, but that's me. Small D1 teams have no chance of winning state title. Before they went to 7 divisions I think a school with under 650 boys had only won a state title once, that was Lima Sr I think. They had some fluke sort of things happen in their favor against Iggy if I remember correctly other that it's really a challenge...

Some thoughts and questions.

To what extent will Sr.'s Anthony Hilliard Jr., (6'3" 185)....Kalix Collins, (6'1" 200) & Bricen Pledgure (6'0" 220) contribute?

According to the roster, (I know at this early stage, the chances the heights and weights listed being accurate is small) Maverick Clark has gone from 180 Lbs to 220 Lbs, similar to the advances Caiden Woullard made from Jr. year to Sr. year.

Will our corner play improve?

How will Freddie Lenix be used primarily?

Saw the Toles kid (sophomore to be) in person and on film, he's really really good in coverage and isn't afraid to stick his nose in but is slight in stature.

Could sophomores Tyler Hackenbracht (5'11" 154) and/or Mylen Lenix (5'10" 190) fill the vacated safety positions?

A spot definitely needs to be found for Mylen Lenix, despite his youth and inexperience he is going to be a difference maker.

Tate Crable (if he stays) is listed at 6'3", if accurate....and despite being a sophomore, could he be our second option at WR behind Banks? Could HE be a possible safety?

Could William Vaughn take the next step and be this year's version of Zion Phifer, freeing up Lenix to concentrate at CB?

Junior linebacker to be Cody Fair has added 15 Lbs and played very well last year for the JV team.

Watched the Pringle boys hudl films, DeAirre is very good but Dorian looks like an absolute beast.

Looks like the RB ship has sailed for (6'0" 160) Ta'Shaun Smith, could he fill a role at WR? S? CB?

Why hasn't Petaros been added to the Booster Club roster?

What's the deal with the sophomore to be Lynch kid? He isn't on any roster (BC, maxpreps or Hudl)

Who are Sr.'s Jason Torrence and Travis Hardin? At 6'2" 185 the Hardin kid would look good split out.

More to come.

Some thoughts and questions.

To what extent will Sr.'s Anthony Hilliard Jr., (6'3" 185)....Kalix Collins, (6'1" 200) & Bricen Pledgure (6'0" 220) contribute?

According to the roster, (I know at this early stage, the chances the heights and weights listed being accurate is small) Maverick Clark has gone from 180 Lbs to 220 Lbs, similar to the advances Caiden Woullard made from Jr. year to Sr. year.

Will our corner play improve?

How will Freddie Lenix be used primarily?

Saw the Toles kid (sophomore to be) in person and on film, he's really really good in coverage and isn't afraid to stick his nose in but is slight in stature.

Could sophomores Tyler Hackenbracht (5'11" 154) and/or Mylen Lenix (5'10" 190) fill the vacated safety positions?

A spot definitely needs to be found for Mylen Lenix, despite his youth and inexperience he is going to be a difference maker.

Tate Crable (if he stays) is listed at 6'3", if accurate....and despite being a sophomore, could he be our second option at WR behind Banks? Could HE be a possible safety?

Could William Vaughn take the next step and be this year's version of Zion Phifer, freeing up Lenix to concentrate at CB?

Junior linebacker to be Cody Fair has added 15 Lbs and played very well last year for the JV team.

Watched the Pringle boys hudl films, DeAirre is very good but Dorian looks like an absolute beast.

Looks like the RB ship has sailed for (6'0" 160) Ta'Shaun Smith, could he fill a role at WR? S? CB?

Why hasn't Petros been added to the Booster Club roster?

What's the deal with the sophomore to be Lynch kid? He isn't on any roster (BC, maxpreps or Hudl)

Who are Sr.'s Jason Torrence and Travis Hardin? At 6'2" 185 the Hardin kid would look good split out.

More to come.
I have most of the same questions and observations... I'm wondering one other thing, it seems like we have an overabundance of really good RB's so will they scrap the 3 WR's in favor of playing 2 RB'? or loosing the H back? Just feels like get the best players on the field, Like both lenix or Peytton Mitchell, Vaughn, Gamble.. I almost feel like the Lenix kids could be a throwback wingback that would allow two RB's or send in motion as WR#3.. I mean its a great situation to have more that 1 or two playmakers.. Those two Pringle kids are going to be important, even the young one although slightly built looks like he could develop into a good player. I was wondering about Hardin and Torrence, don't know anything about him.. I'm curious about McElroy and the rest of the OL. I'm also hoping some of the little CB's grew a little. The Petaros situation seems to be a mystery.. I thought he was a wrestler too and noticed he didn't do that either so maybe he's not at Massillon anymore? Kalix Collins I thought played pretty well till his injury I would think he's going to be on the field at OLB..

Last edited:
Collins came back and contributed quite a bit in basketball. He was like a Anderson Varejao throwback, played super hard and showed a lot of athleticism.

Fair and Clark are going to be stars.

With a wealth of good running backs, might a stack "i" offense alignment be effective? Wishbone? I realize the present offensive system has taken taken time to get established and to completely make a switch-a-rue in a very short period of time and expect success is probably very unrealistic. I don't pretend to even come close to being a coach but just throwing thoughts out here for the sake of discussion as long as such discussions don't become divisive in anyway toward one another or the coaching staff.

With a wealth of good running backs, might a stack "i" offense alignment be effective? Wishbone? I realize the present offensive system has taken taken time to get established and to completely make a switch-a-rue in a very short period of time and expect success is probably very unrealistic. I don't pretend to even come close to being a coach but just throwing thoughts out here for the sake of discussion as long as such discussions don't become divisive in anyway toward one another or the coaching staff.

I agree I'd like to see this stable used more in the open field, outside, pitches, passing game etc. Seem better suited than the between the tackle power runs with a primary back. Will be interesting to see how the O develops. At least we'll have better depth this year.

What did Jason Hall call it? PFP?

Players, formations and plays....you change your formations and plays to suite the talent you have....PFP....then he ran the same plays out of the same formations for seven years. Lol.

Anybody have an update on Chase Bond (height/weight)? I know he wrestled this winter. Last I heard he was 6’-4”/6’-5”around 225lbs. We have a load of young talent. I hope we can keep everyone content with PT.

Anybody have an update on Chase Bond (height/weight)? I know he wrestled this winter. Last I heard he was 6’-4”/6’-5”around 225lbs. We have a load of young talent. I hope we can keep everyone content with PT.
He’s about 6’3 and 220-225 probably about right

Here’s a thought: Since the Obie position ends up being a hand in the dirt DE most of the time anyways what about Nolan Davenport or Kendal Thomas playing that spot. Both are 6’4 210

Have never seen either one in action. All I know is pass rushing ends and who protect the edge have never been a strength. Guys like Crable and Woullard don't come around too often here.

Here’s a thought: Since the Obie position ends up being a hand in the dirt DE most of the time anyways what about Nolan Davenport or Kendal Thomas playing that spot. Both are 6’4 210
With Petaros not on the roster (apparently) More than likely Bond will just line up at DE and Clark if he really is 220 might be the Obie and Pringle will take over one of the ILB spots... and the other guys mentioned will be depth. Davenport is intriguing but I don't know much about Thomas but see he has nice size

With Petaros not on the roster (apparently) More than likely Bond will just line up at DE and Clark if he really is 220 might be the Obie and Pringle will take over one of the ILB spots... and the other guys mentioned will be depth. Davenport is intriguing but I don't know much about Thomas but see he has nice size
Petaros quit. Clark isn’t 220 yet.

Petaros quit. Clark isn’t 220 yet.
I was wondering about the 40 lb gain, 200-205 maybe seems realistic but 40 seemed like a lot... Too bad about Petaros, he looked like a player last year, but if his heart isn't in it or maybe other circumstances came into play, it's his choice not ours. Hopefully Andrai Jones can stay healthy and plug a hole, poor kid has had some bad luck but it sounds like he's having a good off season...

I was wondering about the 40 lb gain, 200-205 maybe seems realistic but 40 seemed like a lot... Too bad about Petaros, he looked like a player last year, but if his heart isn't in it or maybe other circumstances came into play, it's his choice not ours. Hopefully Andrai Jones can stay healthy and plug a hole, poor kid has had some bad luck but it sounds like he's having a good off season...
Woullard did it, don't know if it was 40 or not, but it was a lot.

Woullard did it, don't know if it was 40 or not, but it was a lot.
Yeah, I remember. I guess a lot depends on genes as well as other factors. Dean was well built and got bigger like most from year to year but seems like his was closer to 15 lb gain.. Of course do we really even know if the weights and height are really accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.