2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing this roster to the 2021 roster on Massillontigers.com (BTW the 2021 roster only lists one freshman, although several played):
45 of the listed 84 players return. We lost 25 Seniors, 7 Juniors (23, 42, 63, 66, 81, 92, 99), and 7 Sophs (34, 37, 40, 56, 68, 85, 94).
As mentions, Salvino is not a Soph - should be SR. Four players are listed shorter than last year. We pick up 2 Seniors (40, 81), 2 Juniors (73, no number listed for Chance O'Neill) and 25 Sophs (some of whom played last year).

Yes, I was very bored:rolleyes:
Good work.

Kid is a heckuva hitter.
Look like he's been taught explosion technique somewhere along the line as he really thrusts himself into the ball carrier but looks very controlled when doing it.. great size.. I thought he might be a little slow in pass coverage because of his build but he looks pretty good in the few plays on tape that I saw, seemed like he anticipated like he's done it before. What about the McElroy and Torrence kids, anyone know about them? I'm sure related to all the others that played for Massillon.

So It looks like this is the final schedule for 2022

1-Cincinnati Moeller
2-@ Canton GlenOak
3-@ Mansfield Sr.
4-Warren Harding
5-St Edward
6-Austintown Fitch
7-Middletown,DE
8-Canisius,NY
9-Canada Prep
10-McKinley

Update to the schedule

1-Cincinnati Moeller
2-@Canton GlenOak
3-@Mansfield Sr.
4-Warren Harding
5-St Edward
6-Austintown Fitch
7-Middletown,DE
8-Canisius,NY
9- Bye Week
10-McKinley

B1C8DC00-DB5B-4353-A002-B2FE97984834.jpeg

Was thinking the same thing about Iggy being at 14 lol. Granted I dunno anything about em this year but I assume they’ll be good as usual.

Ed’s should be #1 and proven otherwise imo and I had no clue Chardon was that good last year.

That would be a great series. Tried it once years ago and blew them out but they are MUCH better in recent years - needless to say - State Champs.

That would be a great series. Tried it once years ago and blew them out but they are MUCH better in recent years - needless to say - State Champs.
Yeah, they like Kirtland are machine's, funny because the schools are really close to each other, around 10 miles or so apart. probably only a handful of losses in the last few years.

Avon beats Hoban, Massillon beats Avon but loses to Winton Woofor in the big game
That would be difficult if the divisions remain the same. Yes, Avon is capable of beating Hoban this year and Massillon is capable of beating Avon, but for that to happen it’s likely Massillon would have to beat Winton Woods in a R7 vs R8 state semi to get a shot at the Avon vs Hoban winner…which would be a R5 vs R6 semi.

Heck of a schedule for this coming season. To win games we're going to have to get good Qb play and there are several factors that go into this outside the Qb, himself. With that being said I'm interested to see how our young Qb has developed this off-season. He's going into the season knowing that he is going to be the starter, without question or controversy. How big of a step forward is he going to take from his Freshman year?

And if Hartson stays healthy. Slaughter will still be sophomore. Cant put too much on his shoulders, though can't wait to see the improvement in the passing game. Would also like to see us develop a wildcat qb we can go to as needed, like we had with McElroy. McConnell is one, but he's just a sophomore too.

Hey guys thanks for your predictions for Division2
But what is you guys top 10 teams for division 2
The usual suspects. Hoban, LaSalle, Winton Woods, Massillon, Avon, Toledo CC. The question is always who else, if anyone, will rise to challenge that group like Green did? Hudson, Fitch, Warren Harding, Walsh, Benedictine, Avon Lake, Olmsted Falls, Anthony Wayne, Big Walnut, etc? Will someone jump up divisions, like Chardon or Glenville and be a factor? Could a good D1 drop to D2? Other than those things, expect that first group to have most of the say-so in D2.

How does everyone think our offensive line will do this year? The roster doesn't have a lot of upperclassmen that are 250 plus and I think we all have to agree we like to run the ball between the tackles. We should have a nice stable of backs though. The Pringle kid seems to fit our power running style.

Status
Not open for further replies.