2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, both 82 and Tigers3 have valid points. What I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet is how many times Riley Campbell was held, especially in the second half. Green had one undersized offense tackle that simply had no chance of blocking Campbell. If 1 or 2 of those holds are called, the game may have had a different outcome also.
Come on BB those were “warranted” no calls. ?

Oh now we are up to 15 that are warranted. This is like the zapruder film for you, the more you watch the more you “see”.
Have you watched the actual game film ? Also why do you keep avoiding the Marion playoff game question ?
The constant criticism is old, we read it all the time in private messages, JC you are the same guy who said well mck has really been down the last decade when someone said we have won 10 of the last 11. ??‍♂️
Well you only keep mentioning 5 or so hold/PI calls that you say were bogus so I rounded off the others. Jesus man why do you take every little word and exaggerate it or twist it into something to fit your opinion. Sorry I’m not charmin soft and get my panties in a bunch anytime someone says something I may disagree with like you. I always bring stats or info to back up what I’m saying but all you do is go off emotion. I watched the tape of the Green game 3 times now and we didn’t lose because of the refs. We lost because the offense couldn’t put together one dang legitimate drive the whole game, couldn’t seal the game when the defense got them a turnover late in the game, could barely complete a forward pass and were completely one dimensional and predictable. That has been the case in just about every loss the past 4 years and is what I point out. I’m not saying people should be fired but there has to be adjustments if they want to get to where they want.

I wasn’t at the Marion game.

Wait, so we’re gonna pretend that Mck has been a great squad lately? How many playoff games have they won recently? Love beating them no matter what but let’s not go over the top patting ourselves on the back for beating them while they’re down.

Oh so now kids should be coached as to how “maybe” the refs might call it ???
Sure the coverage was decent this year, a lot of injuries so many games it was different CB’s covering guys.
How many games this year did we have 6 pass interference penalties ? If the coverage was that bad all year as you think I am sure we must have had 4-5 games with that many penalties if not more.
How many teams threw the ball as much as green lol

Well you only keep mentioning 5 or so hold/PI calls that you say were bogus so I rounded off the others. Jesus man why do you take every little word and exaggerate it or twist it into something to fit your opinion. Sorry I’m not charmin soft and get my panties in a bunch anytime someone says something I may disagree with like you. I always bring stats or info to back up what I’m saying but all you do is go off emotion. I watched the tape of the Green game 3 times now and we didn’t lose because of the refs. We lost because the offense couldn’t put together one dang legitimate drive the whole game, couldn’t seal the game when the defense got them a turnover late in the game, could barely complete a forward pass and were completely one dimensional and predictable. That has been the case in just about every loss the past 4 years and is what I point out. I’m not saying people should be fired but there has to be adjustments if they want to get to where they want.

I wasn’t at the Marion game.

Wait, so we’re gonna pretend that Mck has been a great squad lately? How many playoff games have they won recently? Love beating them no matter what but let’s not go over the top patting ourselves on the back for beating them while they’re down.
Go off emotion ? I bring stats and facts to every debate I have.
I’ve asked many times for answers to questions and you avoid them like the plague.
Did the amount of penalties and yards have a negative effect on the Tigers as a team ? I don’t care if you watch the game 179 times before March 1, if you don’t think the penalties had an outcome you don’t have a clue about football.
Huge fan but missed that Marion playoff game ?
As I said ALWAYS negative it’s like you aren’t even a Tiger fan, we all have our criticisms and we all also have moments and games where it’s like “GD right we are Massillon” but for you it’s nothing but criticism. Except of course when there is a transfer then you have your panties all in a bunch with excitement.
Think about what you just said… we have beat mck 10 out of the last 11 times and your ing that it’s because mck is down. Who gives a dam it’s called beating mck !!!

As for next year, bring back a lot of young talent. I’m guessing 8-2 7-3 in the regular season and continue to win until we face Hoban or another team with legitimate talent in the playoffs.

one thing I’m curious about, will crowds continue to decline?

Go off emotion ? I bring stats and facts to every debate I have.
I’ve asked many times for answers to questions and you avoid them like the plague.
Did the amount of penalties and yards have a negative effect on the Tigers as a team ? I don’t care if you watch the game 179 times before March 1, if you don’t think the penalties had an outcome you don’t have a clue about football.
Huge fan but missed that Marion playoff game ?
As I said ALWAYS negative it’s like you aren’t even a Tiger fan, we all have our criticisms and we all also have moments and games where it’s like “GD right we are Massillon” but for you it’s nothing but criticism. Except of course when there is a transfer then you have your panties all in a bunch with excitement.
Think about what you just said… we have beat mck 10 out of the last 11 times and your ing that it’s because mck is down. Who gives a dam it’s called beating mck !!!
Sorry I wasn’t at the Marion game when I was 5 ??. Guess that makes me a non fan.

All I’ve said the whole time is that the amount of penalties accumulated and hurt the team. I’m just saying that there should be some accountability for why so many of the penalties were simple mental mistakes that shouldn’t be happening in a regional final game.

Sorry I wasn’t at the Marion game when I was 5 ??. Guess that makes me a non fan.

All I’ve said the whole time is that the amount of penalties accumulated and hurt the team. I’m just saying that there should be some accountability for why so many of the penalties were simple mental mistakes that shouldn’t be happening in a regional final game.
Explains a lot….
Ok let’s hear it what do you suggest for accountability ?

I was at the Marion Harding game, MAN what a game. I’ve been trying for years to get a copy of the footage. I’ve asked our booster club, random people from Marion Harding, etc. seems like they don’t want that video out. Ohsaa had the fix in.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I asked about their postseason record. Mck hasn’t beaten a legitimately good team in the playoffs in probably over 10 years and you know it. I don’t what their damn FED record is. Lol
Shocker more negativity.
As I said if you don’t think beating mck 10 out of 11 times doesn’t mean anything or that we haven’t done anything the last 5 seasons that are up to your standards then by all means go jump on one of these other county schools that just love fans like you.
So when you played for the Tigers in 2012 and beat mck twice that didn’t mean anything because mck wasn’t any good ???
As you were told earlier when the criticism is constant and overdone it becomes a cancer.

Lol yep my opinions don’t matter because I’m not old. Why does it feel then that I am the one with the old school mentality of not always making excuses and blaming the refs or big bad ohsaa anytime Massillon loses.
Over exaggerating as usual.
How about the accountability ?

This is just me speaking generally, haven’t been on here in a while but it does seem like you can no longer critique the Massillon program. I remember when Shepas was here, you could go into the booster club meetings and ask direct questions about a play call or why something was done. They would play the actual game film at the meetings. Now it seems like criticism is seen as treason, and not wanting what is best for the program.
I understand that times have changed and these are just kids playing but…. It’s Massillon. Until Massillon decides it wants to be THE premier High School program in the country (like it was in the 40s, 50s, 60s) and do what it takes to be that program (like other programs cough cough Hoban have done) we will have to be happy beating Mckinley 10/11 years or whatever it is. Which is fine. But it is what it is.

Shocker more negativity.
As I said if you don’t think beating mck 10 out of 11 times doesn’t mean anything or that we haven’t done anything the last 5 seasons that are up to your standards then by all means go jump on one of these other county schools that just love fans like you.
So when you played for the Tigers in 2012 and beat mck twice that didn’t mean anything because mck wasn’t any good ???
As you were told earlier when the criticism is constant and overdone it becomes a cancer.
When did I say any of those things? You just come up with . I said beating Mck is always good but it helps to keep the perspective that they haven’t exactly been a great program lately. You’re the negative one. All I did earlier in the thread was list the penalties and provide a breakdown of what they were and then a some drive chart list which illustrated that Massillon had opportunities to take control of the game.

Your mentality of attacking anyone who doesn’t bow down to the program and only say positive things about what takes place on or even off the field is the true cancer. Remember when Massillon had balls and you could talk openly and share your thoughts without basically “cancel culture” swarming and saying you must not be a real fan or finding reasons to invalidate the person who’s opinions they disagree with.

This is just me speaking generally, haven’t been on here in a while but it does seem like you can no longer critique the Massillon program. I remember when Shepas was here, you could go into the booster club meetings and ask direct questions about a play call or why something was done. They would play the actual game film at the meetings. Now it seems like criticism is seen as treason, and not wanting what is best for the program.
I understand that times have changed and these are just kids playing but…. It’s Massillon. Until Massillon decides it wants to be THE premier High School program in the country (like it was in the 40s, 50s, 60s) and do what it takes to be that program (like other programs cough cough Hoban have done) we will have to be happy beating Mckinley 10/11 years or whatever it is. Which is fine. But it is what it is.
Shepas was the one who said we needed to get rid of the cancerous fans who want to constantly be negative or sit up in the stands and whine and moan after each play that isn’t a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.