2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 - Lake Catholic 28 - VASJ
2021 - Lake Catholic 20 - Euclid 49

Is Lake playing Euclid again next year or will it be Glenville, Benedictine?

Lake, like many local schools, will not be playing VASJ next season. And if you think the Vikings had trouble with keeping games this season, just wait until next year. Heck, they don’t even have field to play on.

How unfortunate and what an inconvenience for the Viking faithful to have drive 30 plus miles to the west side for 2 home playoff games.

But if Rostsky is not there the numbers will go down as all of those kids that followed him in will drift out. Happens every time.
Won’t matter for next two seasons as competitive balance and EMIS counts of October are what will be used. Whatever they had on Oct 1 of 2021 is what will be used. VASJ will be moving up.

I just can’t imagine bringing in a known cheater coach. Allowing a majority of your team to transfer in and then only winning your round one game.
Vasj could have accomplished this without selling their souls.

And a known cheater that chokes in the playoffs. I’m hoping VASJ keeps this guy. I heard he has money so maybe he could invest some of it for improvements to the slum on Lake Shore. It desperately needs it.

JUST WIN BABY

Important that the Vikings stay in the weight room and improve this offseason. As for Lake Catholic, I don't think we should be worried about a program that hasn't earned a playoff berth since 2011. They've got their own issues.

Important that the Vikings stay in the weight room and improve this offseason. As for Lake Catholic, I don't think we should be worried about a program that hasn't earned a playoff berth since 2011. They've got their own issues.
You better call around to the local poaching grounds then. Let their coaches know to keep your future transfers nice and strong. Wouldn't want Jeff to have to do any of the hard work himself. Makes it a lot easier when you use over coaches developed kids to go 2 and done in the playoffs.

You better call around to the local poaching grounds then. Let their coaches know to keep your future transfers nice and strong. Wouldn't want Jeff to have to do any of the hard work himself. Makes it a lot easier when you use over coaches developed kids to go 2 and done in the playoffs.
Just wish Jeff worked as hard on the Friday gameplan as he did on the legal gameplan.

Just wish Jeff worked as hard on the Friday gameplan as he did on the legal gameplan.
Its because he has won more court cases than he has playoff games. Its good to stick with what youre good at.

1. Recruiting.
2. Fooling schools into believing you're going to stick around.
3. Losing playoff games and underachieving.
4. Taking things to court knowing the state wont fight back.
100. Game planning and coaching.

Gameplan was pretty solid for most of the season. VASJ's gameplanning overall and game management was vastly improved. Even had a strong special teams unit. Major upgrade from the last decade.

Gameplan was pretty solid for most of the season. VASJ's gameplanning overall and game management was vastly improved. Even had a strong special teams unit. Major upgrade from the last decade.
I highly doubt he had a hand in any of the actual game planning... And that's not saying much at all given the last decade at VASJ. I understand that you've been through it, but you're allowed to have higher standards than that.

I highly doubt he had a hand in any of the actual game planning... And that's not saying much at all given the last decade at VASJ. I understand that you've been through it, but you're allowed to have higher standards than that.
Certainly, the head coach had nothing to do with tangible gameplan and clock management improvements, or the overall outfit looking more organized. I'm sure he had no hand in that. You're right.

Certainly, the head coach had nothing to do with tangible gameplan and clock management improvements, or the overall outfit looking more organized. I'm sure he had no hand in that. You're right.
There are plenty of coaches who are no more than a figurehead. JR is known as a horrible x's and o's coach. Which is why his very talented teams underperform year after year. They are, in general, out-coached, out-schemed, and undisciplined. You can get all the talent in the world, but if no one is going to coach them up well it doesn't matter. So my apologies, it does have his fingerprints all over it. Your standard has just been brought woefully low from the last decade of vasj excellence.

are you comparing it to prior 2 years or JR's history of not getting any better at this than he was when he started at South high, must be the first one, he's gotten worse over time thinking more talent will solve his quest for a title for himself!

There are plenty of coaches who are no more than a figurehead. JR is known as a horrible x's and o's coach. Which is why his very talented teams underperform year after year. They are, in general, out-coached, out-schemed, and undisciplined. You can get all the talent in the world, but if no one is going to coach them up well it doesn't matter. So my apologies, it does have his fingerprints all over it. Your standard has just been brought woefully low from the last decade of vasj excellence.
will disagree n this point with you, he is to involved and micro managers coaches over the top!

And a known cheater that chokes in the playoffs. I’m hoping VASJ keeps this guy. I heard he has money so maybe he could invest some of it for improvements to the slum on Lake Shore. It desperately needs it.

JUST WIN BABY
Lake Catholic is closing.

Lake, like many local schools, will not be playing VASJ next season. And if you think the Vikings had trouble with keeping games this season, just wait until next year. Heck, they don’t even have field to play on.

How unfortunate and what an inconvenience for the Viking faithful to have drive 30 plus miles to the west side for 2 home playoff games.
Lake Catholic is closing. Get to the garage sale from May 28th until June 10th, 2022 to purchase that 4th grade math book that you used in 9th grade.

I would like to be the first to wish VASJ the absolute best of luck this weekend, putting your equipment away can be tedious and sometimes dangerous. Good luck boys.

Lake Catholic is closing. Get to the garage sale from May 28th until June 10th, 2022 to purchase that 4th grade math book that you used in 9th grade.
As a lifelong Catholic it saddens me when a Catholic church, school or institution closes as it is further evidence of the decay of the religion I was raised in. I don't see it as something to gleefully celebrate.

Then again, I am not an angry child hoping to punish an alleged "tattletale."

As a lifelong Catholic it saddens me when a Catholic church, school or institution closes as it is further evidence of the decay of the religion I was raised in. I don't see it as something to gleefully celebrate.

One of your best ever Clark!

Lake Catholic is closing. It is a fact not a celebration. Get down to the garage sale.

I would like to be the first to wish VASJ the absolute best of luck this weekend, putting your equipment away can be tedious and sometimes dangerous. Good luck boys.
Welcome pettman from Mass. We all know that you are here to learn about how to WIN a CHAMPIONSHIP. That elusive 1st state -ship has been too much to attain for you Mass. holes. Please, stay in-tuned with this thread in order to find the answer to your paradox. Charlie Sheen

Status
Not open for further replies.