springfield v miamisburg

What did you think of the TD pass before the 2 point conversion? Alot of people are talking about that too. They're saying it was a forward lateral bc the qb was not behind the LOS. And everyone from Springfield who was there or who watched it on Spectrum says the 2 point conversion was short. They thought SHS had won and were stunned when the ref called it good.
I thought the TD pass was close but legal. Again, i did not have the best angle.

I thought the TD pass was close but legal. Again, i did not have the best angle.
I wasn't there and haven't viewed video of it. But I know some pretty enraged people who are adamant he wasn't behind the LOS and that was not a TD pass. It all sounds very much like OSU-Clemson 2 years ago. It is what it is.

I'm interested in seeing the TD pass before this. Was it a forward lateral? Was the qb behind or in front of the line of scrimmage when he passed? That's what I'm hearing alot about.
What game were they watching? It was a 3 step drop and a slant route. LOS was the 8 yard line and he threw it from the 14. Get new sources.

Springfield loss might be the worst of any contender. X lost to a 0-5 team but we all know Trinity has some dudes and it is a big time program. I don't think Miamisburg would ever be confused for a program that has ever done anything. terrible terrible loss.

I watched the game and basically Springfield QB once again looked one dimensional. He can't throw a lick. A running QB is not going to win a State title in this day and age of Ohio D1 High School Football.

Springfield loss might be the worst of any contender. X lost to a 0-5 team but we all know Trinity has some dudes and it is a big time program. I don't think Miamisburg would ever be confused for a program that has ever done anything. terrible terrible loss.

I watched the game and basically Springfield QB once again looked one dimensional. He can't throw a lick. A running QB is not going to win a State title in this day and age of Ohio D1 High School Football.
Well, SHS and Smoot already beat St Ignatius this year. The same St Ignatius that beat your beloved St X just yesterday. Ignatius was 4-4 entering the game too. So, how's that for a terrible loss. I can see now why they're called the Bombers because they certainly dropped a big one yesterday. Trinity was the Fat Man. Ignatius is the Little Boy. We now have a common opponent in St Ignatius. If anyone is the "worst" state title contender, it would have to be St X, after losing at home to a winless team and now a .500 team that SHS already beat. They can't seriously be considered a state top 10 team at this point. And, R4 is wide open for whoever may get hot next month. Check yourself.

Last edited:
Everyone on here already knows Ohio River boyyy is wrong, especially if it involves a Springfield Loss! He has officially turned his teams loss into a complete?? show on here!!!
I told ya my sources were eyewitnesses. Don't take my word for it. Ask around. There are many others.. And btw, I don't see the conversion either. I see a stop and an SHS win. Thanks for your help tonite! And, we can agree the officiating on Friday night was a show. But don't worry about us. We'll be fine.

Last edited:
Well, SHS and Smoot already beat St Ignatius this year. The same St Ignatius that beat your beloved St X just yesterday. Ignatius was 4-4 entering the game too. So, how's that for a terrible loss. I can see now why they're called the Bombers because they certainly dropped a big one yesterday. Trinity was the Fat Man. Ignatius is the Little Boy. We now have a common opponent in St Ignatius. If anyone is the "worst" state title contender, it would have to be St X, after losing at home to a winless team and now a .500 team that SHS already beat. They can't seriously be considered a state top 10 team at this point. And, R4 is wide open for whoever may get hot next month. Check yourself.
Don't deflect. Miamisburg is the worst loss of any of the contenders... terrible loss to a team with like one or two dudes.

The Crenshaw kid from PC just did it 2-3 years ago

I'm interested in seeing the TD pass before this. Was it a forward lateral? Was the qb behind or in front of the line of scrimmage when he passed? That's what I'm hearing alot about.
I just took a look at video of all 3 touchdown passes. One was a play action thrown right at the end of the fake. One was a straight drop on a slant, the other was a roll out thrown 8 yards behind the LOS. None were even remotely close to being an illegal forward pass.

Don't deflect. Miamisburg is the worst loss of any of the contenders... terrible loss to a team with like one or two dudes.

An interesting statement here about the burg. Was leading both Centerville and Wayne at halftime. Was a game until late in both games. They laid an egg in the first quarter against Fairmont with three turnovers in the first quarter with one being a pick 6 and one being a pick down on the 1-yard line that lead to 14 points. Seems to me like they have been in every game till late except Fairmont and even after the first they only gave up 3 points. Seems like if it was the worst loss then the Burg would be getting throttled by all the GWOC schools.

An interesting statement here about the burg. Was leading both Centerville and Wayne at halftime. Was a game until late in both games. They laid an egg in the first quarter against Fairmont with three turnovers in the first quarter with one being a pick 6 and one being a pick down on the 1-yard line that lead to 14 points. Seems to me like they have been in every game till late except Fairmont and even after the first they only gave up 3 points. Seems like if it was the worst loss then the Burg would be getting throttled by all the GWOC schools.
Right. Miamisburg is actually a decent team that is well coached. These people are just haters. They don't like SHS and the GWOC generally doing well to threaten the private schools' dominance in D1 Ohio football.

Hard to argue it, though. X lost to Trinity and Ignatius. Ed lost to Moeller. Miamisburg has never been at that lever.

Everyone on here already knows Ohio River boyyy is wrong, especially if it involves a Springfield Loss! He has officially turned his teams loss into a complete?? show on here!!!
I am not defending or supporting anyone on this. Just saying, I was at the game. It was a good game between two good teams. zcould not tell if the two point runner hit the pylon.

If SHS makes it to the finals, id double check the date/time and location of the game. I bet the OSHAA gives SHS bogus info so they have to forfeit....just another group trying to sabotage SHS's season.
That never happened the last 2 years they went to State. If you really don't think bias exists, why don't you check out today's AP poll.

I am not defending or supporting anyone on this. Just saying, I was at the game. It was a good game between two good teams. zcould not tell if the two point runner hit the pylon.
I know from people who attended the game that many people saw it and did not believe the 2 point conversion was good.

I heard it was gut check time and the D didn’t show. According to eyewitness accounts and the DDN.
Finnally. A reasonable AP poll

I know from people who attended the game that many people saw it and did not believe the 2 point conversion was good.
All that matters is what the guy who threw up his hands and called it good saw. You always talk about bias are all of your witnesses SHS fans? The unbias poster said he couldn't tell but your people tell you they know it didn't hit the pylon. Take the loss and move on if SHS is for real they will be holding the trophy at the end of the season.

Well, I heard differently. And I am going by my sources, and their videos. But I find it interesting that you concede the final score does not necessarily reflect the team and its effort. Like the Harbins, I now have you boxed in on this too. Also, how could SHS have been beaten "worse than the scoreboard?" SHS was winning til the final seconds. They needed a 2 pt conversion to get a 1 point lead. Check yourself.
Ever heard of confirmation bias. Your sources. Simply laughable