2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week is shaping up perfectly for Whitmer. Absolutely zero talk about the game. Whitmer is flying under the radar in this one. After they “steal” the win Friday (just for you Maple guy), everyone will be wow these guys are 7 pts from being undefeated. Deep playoff run talk…

whooops I sure put the jinx on this one.

Hats off to Lima for the pregame tribute to the Ross assistant who passed away.

Really shocked to see SJJ beat SFS. St Johns appears to be totally unpredictable week to week.

Also suprised with the Findlay score. They should have blown the doors off Clay.

Anybody see what happened at the end of Whitmer-CC?? Is Whitmer gonna be down players next game because they went on the field?

BCSN mysteriously cut-off the last 5 minutes. After the BS call on Whitmer for hit-out-of-bounds, did it get chippy?

Hats off to Lima for the pregame tribute to the Ross assistant who passed away.

Really shocked to see SJJ beat SFS. St Johns appears to be totally unpredictable week to week.

Also suprised with the Findlay score. They should have blown the doors off Clay.
Seems like Findlay starts slow, but gets cooking as the game goes along.

I'm with you regarding SF-SJJ, but great news was Ross was getting Harbins either way.

Central made up for getting "destroyed" by Whitmer during 7 on 7. Of course, I say this in jest

54-21 and nowhere near that close. Ross did whatever they pleased whenever they wanted to. I didn't think that it would be 42-6 like last year, I was right, it was worse. The worse case scenario for Lima is to fall behind early and with the exception of a KO return they succeeded. They completely abandon the run and put the onus on their QB. I get it, they're not likely to get back in the game running the ball and I think that the OC actually has a decent grasp on offensive football and what his kids can do. Defensively I think that their scheme is limited and it's catching up with them now. I thought that they would have a shot at Findlay but now the only chance I see is if the hatred between the two is enough to fuel them, that's assuming that the kids don't pack it in by then.

54-21 and nowhere near that close. Ross did whatever they pleased whenever they wanted to. I didn't think that it would be 42-6 like last year, I was right, it was worse. The worse case scenario for Lima is to fall behind early and with the exception of a KO return they succeeded. They completely abandon the run and put the onus on their QB. I get it, they're not likely to get back in the game running the ball and I think that the OC actually has a decent grasp on offensive football and what his kids can do. Defensively I think that their scheme is limited and it's catching up with them now. I thought that they would have a shot at Findlay but now the only chance I see is if the hatred between the two is enough to fuel them, that's assuming that the kids don't pack it in by then.
Lima had a ton of costly penalties at the worst of times it seemed.

BCSN mysteriously cut-off the last 5 minutes. After the BS call on Whitmer for hit-out-of-bounds, did it get chippy?
BCSN turns off their broadcast at around 11 (probably weren’t expecting the game to go that far, I guess).

Pretty big scuffle towards the end of the game from what I saw, Whitmer players stormed the field and they ejected three of their kids (including Hornbeak) and one of TCC’s with 3 minutes to go. After that they punted from 4th and 50+ and both teams ran out the clock.

That's bizarre. They were obviously still covering, there was no sign off by the announcers. Why not at least keep recording so it can be seen on replay? Hiding the evidence probably.

BCSN turns off their broadcast at around 11 (probably weren’t expecting the game to go that far, I guess).

Pretty big scuffle towards the end of the game from what I saw, Whitmer players stormed the field and they ejected three of their kids (including Hornbeak) and one of TCC’s with 3 minutes to go. After that they punted from 4th and 50+ and both teams ran out the clock.
I saw it as well. Whitmer kids couldn't handle the beatdown for yet another year. Bad look for them. Irish move on.

I saw it as well. Whitmer kids couldn't handle the beatdown for yet another year. Bad look for them. Irish move on.

40 year old grad of a Christian school talking about the beatdown of kids. Bad look for the irish. Everytime one of you "irish" open your pie hole (with exception of AY! who is annoyingly civil) you might consider you are reflecting the education provided at the school.

Here is what kept it somewhat close.

1633809944122.png

Last edited:
You can’t tell me both sides weren’t chippy at all. TCC didn’t rush because they knew Dempsey would be on their e$ in the locker room and they definitely need those guys next week.

This TCC team has definitely been the most on edge/chippy team in a good way I’ve seen in a while. Losing your first two games (even if they were good opponents) makes you have something to prove and you can definitely tell they have something to prove to themselves. Looking forward to watching them take on the Little Giants at the Don, half for the game and half for that awesome stadium atmosphere.

Here is what kept is somewhat close.

View attachment 22143
Pettaway would play for any team in the state. Clay is always playing for their "next" class but this senior class should have been it. Roughly 7 kids who started or contributed last year decided not to come out this season. On top of Pettaway I believe Cobb and Coughlin could play for anyone in the state as well. Same old same old at Clay. Bad culture.

I know Findlay has always looked at Ross as the big game, but Lima seems to have been a close second

So there should be no question that the game of the week in the TRAC, not to mention in all of NW Ohio, and D2R6 will be taking place Friday night at The Don. Fremont Ross vs, Toledo Central Catholic.

Friday's game will be the 29th all-time meeting between the Irish and Little Giants in a series that began in 1977. Central leads all-time, 16-12. The two teams did not play in 2020. Central won the last regular season meeting, 50-6 in 2019. The last Ross win was a 20-14 victory in 2005.

This will be the biggest game at Don Paul since before it was Don Paul. There have been bigger, but it has been a while.

I'm sure most folks will pick Central to win easily. I'm not most folks, so I pick the Little Giants to win 38-35 on a last second Johan Silvers FG.

Let's GO Little Giants!!

I know Findlay has always looked at Ross as the big game, but Lima seems to have been a close second
It was probably 2017 and I believe Keaton Upshaw (Kentucky) was a senior at the time. Both Findlay and Lima wound up 4-6 so they were no great shakes but they weren't chopped liver either, although I think Findlay had played a superior OOC schedule. Lima came into Donnell and racked up 62 points and nearly 800 yards of offense. They looked like Alabama that night and I'm still convinced that it was all hatred.

Over the years...
1977...Ross 14-12
1978...Ross 46-14
1979...Ross 20-0
1980...Ross 6-0
1981...Ross 7-0
1982...Central 21-0
1986...Ross 14-7
1987...Central 8-0
1988...Central 16-8
1996...Ross 27-6
1997...Ross 34-12
1998...Ross 21-13
1999...Ross 27-0
2000...Ross 20-6
2001...Central 22-14
2002...Central 32-7
2003...Central 23-0
2004...Central 23-0
2005...Ross 20-14
2011...Central 28-14
2012...Central 42-21
2013...Central 35-7
2014...Central 83-51
2015...Central 69-7
2016...Central 35-18
2017...Central 27-7
2018...Central 49-0
2019...Central 50-6

2014...Central 83-51
basketball scores don’t count!

That 2014 CC team was bizarro. Gave up not just double digits but over 20 and nearly 30 or more to every single team except.... SJJ. Nearly blew the last game to some rural town team with a mediocre QB.
If I’m thinking correctly, didnt they beat Rocky River in the first round 70-48?

Having Warren, Wade, and Winters in the backfield alone, probably helped that figure explode. Warren probably could’ve gone to a higher tier D-I if someone introduced him to contraception.

basketball scores don’t count!

If I’m thinking correctly, didnt they beat Rocky River in the first round 70-48?

Having Warren, Wade, and Winters in the backfield alone, probably helped that figure explode. Warren probably could’ve gone to a higher tier D-I if someone introduced him to contraception.
Ouch!

Michael Warren is one of those rare kids that is tough as nails and who refuses to go down but equates poorly to the recruiting/combine game. I do not care what he ran in college he was a 4.8 40 guy. And he was not a brick$hithouse like you might expect him to be. He just had some "it." Couple that with Winters at QB and as you said, Wade, and you had an incredibly tough three headed monster. If Kizer is QB they do not win a state title. Weird to say but it is true. Winters running the ball from QB was very much like the Holley, Frisch, Sterritt Whitmer backfield from two years prior. If you loaded the box they'd still run the darn ball down your throat but also could throw over the top to Braswell (WHS - Boykin).

Last edited:
I thought he was a wootward kid? IDK which kids on their team are from this side of the river. I recall the QB played for Waite. He seems to have lost some skills hitting receivers on the move down the sideline. The two 6'6" kids should help out on that. Didn't he get hurt last year and I didn't see him playing at the end of the Whitmer game? Hope he's ok. Rather skinny kid and better at b-ball anyhow.

Over the years...
1977...Ross 14-12
1978...Ross 46-14
1979...Ross 20-0
1980...Ross 6-0
1981...Ross 7-0
1982...Central 21-0
1986...Ross 14-7
1987...Central 8-0
1988...Central 16-8
1996...Ross 27-6
1997...Ross 34-12
1998...Ross 21-13
1999...Ross 27-0
2000...Ross 20-6
2001...Central 22-14
2002...Central 32-7
2003...Central 23-0
2004...Central 23-0
2005...Ross 20-14
2011...Central 28-14
2012...Central 42-21
2013...Central 35-7
2014...Central 83-51
2015...Central 69-7
2016...Central 35-18
2017...Central 27-7
2018...Central 49-0
2019...Central 50-6
Took a huge swing in Central's favor when Dempsey took over. Maybe when he was a kid, he couldn't endure Ross dubs over the Irish, Ha!

Ouch!

Michael Warren is one of those rare kids that is tough as nails and who refuses to go down but equates poorly to the recruiting/combine game. I do not care what he ran in college he was a 4.8 40 guy. And he was not a brick$hithouse like you might expect him to be. He just had some "it." Couple that with Winters at QB and as you said, Wade, and you had an incredibly tough three headed monster. If Kizer is QB they do not win a state title. Weird to say but it is true. Winters running the ball from QB was very much like the Holley, Frisch, Sterritt Whitmer backfield from two years prior. If you loaded the box they'd still run the darn ball down your throat but also could throw over the top to Braswell (WHS - Boykin).
Weren’t the two Grier twins in that lineup as well?

Weren’t the two Grier twins in that lineup as well?
Yes, juniors along with Dandino. They had a nicknamed that referenced their short stature (might mites?) but they all could run. Jerry Moore was a 6'3" 190lbs. Sr. that was Winters 2nd deep threat after Braswell.

I thought he was a wootward kid? IDK which kids on their team are from this side of the river. I recall the QB played for Waite. He seems to have lost some skills hitting receivers on the move down the sideline. The two 6'6" kids should help out on that. Didn't he get hurt last year and I didn't see him playing at the end of the Whitmer game? Hope he's ok. Rather skinny kid and better at b-ball anyhow.
Michael Cannings is the son of Rick Cannings who was an absolute beast at Waite 98'-00'. The dad was about 6'3" 300lbs. and could move very well for a big man. Had Waite had any coaching and guidance at the time Rick could have gone on to play NFL ball. He was an excellent wrestler as well and I believe he only did it his junior and senior season. The acorn did not fall far.

Status
Not open for further replies.