Struthers Football 2021

Shaffer kid playing? Last I saw he was complaining about reach in fouls. Miss the era of the “HOGS”
Isn’t a reach in in basketball a foul? Wouldn’t you complain if you were playing basketball and someone was doing something illegal? Kinda like when kids complain about being held in football. Rules are still rules regardless

The kid is big and physical on the basketball court. He could be a diamond in the rough. Only issue I would be concerned with would be is he in football shape? By that I mean, hitting the weights for football is different than hitting the weights in basketball. He could be a force with good feet pass blocking, can he be physical not ever playing varsity football in the run game?

That being said, it's not the worst problem to have. Struthers typically has good, hard nosed kids. Good luck to the Wildcats this year.

The kid is big and physical on the basketball court. He could be a diamond in the rough. Only issue I would be concerned with would be is he in football shape? By that I mean, hitting the weights for football is different than hitting the weights in basketball. He could be a force with good feet pass blocking, can he be physical not ever playing varsity football in the run game?

That being said, it's not the worst problem to have. Struthers typically has good, hard nosed kids. Good luck to the Wildcats this year.
We will find out real quick first scrimmage is in 4 days?

Scrimmages and the first couple of games the line will have to grow up. The middle of the schedule is brutal for a young team
Let's hope that the Senior Bayuk is up to the challenge. He has his hands full.
If we get through the first three games okay, we should give everyone a run for their money.

Go Cats!

Anyone checking out the NDCL scrimmage tomorrow morning? Should provide some early indications about the lines.
Should also offer a good look at Greenwood and the receivers. It’s one thing to throw it all over on JFK and Western Reserve in 7 on 7’s. NDCL in a full contact scrimmage is another level.

Right. I was thinking the same thing. He has the skills to be pretty good in pass protection.
But I also think he’s a good fit for Bayuk and Greenamyer’s running scheme.

It’s been pointed out already, there’s a lot of competition going on for the offensive line spots. he could be All NE8. Or he may not even play. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Right. I was thinking the same thing. He has the skills to be pretty good in pass protection.
But I also think he’s a good fit for Bayuk and Greenamyer’s running scheme.

It’s been pointed out already, there’s a lot of competition going on for the offensive line spots. he could be All NE8. Or he may not even play. Time will tell.
He’s gonna be solid. Green and bayuk are doing wonders with the young groups on the line

Anyone checking out the NDCL scrimmage tomorrow morning? Should provide some early indications about the lines.
Should also offer a good look at Greenwood and the receivers. It’s one thing to throw it all over on JFK and Western Reserve in 7 on 7’s. NDCL in a full contact scrimmage is another level.
Not sure we were at the same 7 on 7. Felt WR and Struthers skill matched up very well. I’m not sure I would say either team threw it around on the other, but both showed they have lots of athletes. Will be interesting to see which 2nd year coach can find the best way to utilize them

Not sure we were at the same 7 on 7. Felt WR and Struthers skill matched up very well. I’m not sure I would say either team threw it around on the other, but both showed they have lots of athletes. Will be interesting to see which 2nd year coach can find the best way to utilize them

I wasn’t there. But the bottom line remains the same. A full contact scrimmage with NDCL is on another level than 7 on 7’s with JFK and Western Reserve.

Struthers played mainly Jv kids in that scrimmage with WR because they had a 3 way passing scrimmage the night before with Steubenville and buckeye local. They matched up with the Jv kids but most starters were in the weight room

Struthers played mainly Jv kids in that scrimmage with WR because they had a 3 way passing scrimmage the night before with Steubenville and buckeye local. They matched up with the Jv kids but most starters were in the weight room
And I hear they did pretty well against Steubenville. But again those don’t matter

On the same day they were in game uniforms and doing their football preview ???
Doubtful. Struthers posters can never get out of their own way

Scrimmage today was a defensive battle, both teams brought it defensively and both seemed to struggle running very vanilla offense which is expected.

The defense seems to be miles ahead of where they were last season, good scrimmage overall against a quality team in ndcl. Their kicker was kicking 50+ field goals during the special teams portion. He’s a weapon for those guys this season.

Scrimmage today was a defensive battle, both teams brought it defensively and both seemed to struggle running very vanilla offense which is expected.

The defense seems to be miles ahead of where they were last season, good scrimmage overall against a quality team in ndcl. Their kicker was kicking 50+ field goals during the special teams portion. He’s a weapon for those guys this season.
I heard that the defense looked pretty good. The LB's stood out from what I was told.

And about the red jerseys that they are not using I hope the freshman team is using them at least. I know they said they didn’t have enough of the red jerseys for the team this season. But I don’t know the accuracy of that. So it’s black for another season and I believe next season they are getting new red ones.

jv scrimmages hawken tomorrow. Freshmen team did extremely well today against NDCL.

The Freshmen and JV should both be very good.

The Freshmen would beat Hawken’s JV and the JV would beat their Varsity. So I expect the scrimmage went well today. I don’t really like the idea of scrimmaging down, but it probably doesn’t matter that much with JV. They just need reps.