Summer Olympics

Biles is entitled to do what she needs to for herself. But as someone who tends to hold people to the same standards I hold myself to, I will just say I would never let my mental health cause me to miss work let alone the Olympics.

Gotta love NBC putting USA Men's Basketball on Peacock only. Coverage has been awful today and this just caps that off. What a joke

I would cap this off by saying the Biles situation and what's become of the Olympic games kind of deserve each other. I've paid little to no attention to the Olympics for years and this is the product it's become.

Biles is entitled to do what she needs to for herself. But as someone who tends to hold people to the same standards I hold myself to, I will just say I would never let my mental health cause me to miss work let alone the Olympics.
I’m guessing it‘s because you don’t deal with mental health issues. It’s hard to say what you would or wouldn’t do if you haven’t ever dealt with that type thing. I’ve seen perfectly “normal” people snap into anxiety attacks out of nowhere that would make it impossible for them to work. Being “tough” has nothing to do with it.

Anyone just catch that 800M Freestyle final? The American, Fiske, in 5th place by a whole length with 50 to go and sprints for the win.
1627524411684.png

Dude got the Mario Kart mushroom.

I’m guessing it‘s because you don’t deal with mental health issues. It’s hard to say what you would or wouldn’t do if you haven’t ever dealt with that type thing. I’ve seen perfectly “normal” people snap into anxiety attacks out of nowhere that would make it impossible for them to work. Being “tough” has nothing to do with it.
Its not even about being tough. I am obviously colored by my own experiences but I seem to work with a lot of people who take the idea of "mental health days" to the max. It has left me feeling like I am not allowed to miss work because I can't rely on others showing up. I have multiple coworkers who have missed more days this week than I have in 6 years of working for the company. I do not begrudge people who need a break from time to time but my experience has led me to feel like Mental Health Days are too easily abused.

These hometown shots of friends and family back home cheering on their local athletes, Priceless!!! Not just the kid from Alaska, Caeleb Dressel's Mom afraid to look at the screen. One way to make lemonade out of lemons.

The Women's all around gymnastics comp is wide open, heading to the final exercise there are four girls that are with .4 of each other. They can be either a gold medalist or off the podium and a forgotten athlete.