Summer Olympics

1623934045375.png

If Elaine Benes can pop hot for marijuana because of eating poppy seed bagels, then someone can do the same with pork or beef apparently...
The steak defense was already taken by a Spaniard more than 10 years ago.

The only sports I could ever have made an Olympic team in - Handball/Beach Handball and "Ice Brooming".

Not that this is a big gymnastics group but the finals were on last night and it was not a good showing by the American women. In particular Ms. Goat her self, Simone Biles, looked to be in poor form and if she carries this over to the Olympics those cold judges from countries that hate us will not give her the benefit of the doubt like they did last night. A couple folks in the sport I follow on Twitter say maybe the Marta Karolyi method is needed to be successful, the Chinese and Russians are still using this coaching style and could swipe the US girls aside in a month.

Not that this is a big gymnastics group but the finals were on last night and it was not a good showing by the American women. In particular Ms. Goat her self, Simone Biles, looked to be in poor form and if she carries this over to the Olympics those cold judges from countries that hate us will not give her the benefit of the doubt like they did last night. A couple folks in the sport I follow on Twitter say maybe the Marta Karolyi method is needed to be successful, the Chinese and Russians are still using this coaching style and could swipe the US girls aside in a month.

I have to agree on Biles. Even though it's amazing that a 24 year old is competing in gymnastics at this level you have to question the flexibility of a full grown woman as opposed to a flexible teenager. I'm a huge fan of hers, but I'm afraid your right.

Richardson reportedly tested positive for marijuana at the U.S. Olympic Trials

American sprinter Sha'Carri Richardson has reportedly failed a drug test that could result in the U.S. 100-meter champion missing that event at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. The 21-year-old standout, who was expected to contend for a gold medal, tested positive for what is classified as a substance of abuse, according to the Jamaica Gleaner.

A positive test result would disqualify her U.S. Olympic Trials performance, and she could be suspended from competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Richardson did not use steroids and is facing a 30-day suspension for testing positive for marijuana, according to Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer

Cannabis is a performance de-hancing drug for any running event, I don't get the ban. She can pound as much booze, smoke as much nicotine, and down legal opioids as she wishes but a little weed shows up in her pee and her dreams are dashed? This should be a total shoulder shrug and move...

Cannabis is a performance de-hancing drug for any running event, I don't get the ban. She can pound as much booze, smoke as much nicotine, and down legal opioids as she wishes but a little weed shows up in her pee and her dreams are dashed? This should be a total shoulder shrug and move...
Yup. When I smoked it, I couldn't make it off the couch for hours.

Yeah, it’s bogus especially with all of the medical benefits weed can provide.

I agree. Lets get rid of both instead of legalizing more....
And prohibition did such a good job of changing behavior back in the '20s? Only folks that made out well then were the the people that supplied illegal alcohol, namely the Mafia.

It's good to see her taking credit for the choices that she made. People have choices all the time and then whine about the consequences after they made that decision. I think it was pretty silly of her to throw away this opportunity but she thought the tradeoff was worth it. Who are we to tell her which decision is the right one?

It's good to see her taking credit for the choices that she made. People have choices all the time and then whine about the consequences after they made that decision. I think it was pretty silly of her to throw away this opportunity but she thought the tradeoff was worth it. Who are we to tell her which decision is the right one?

It’s interesting that quote has been widely shared but her reason she stated hasn’t been. She said she took a marijuana pill after a reporter had just informed her of her biological fathers death in an interview. She claims to have had a panic attack and used the pill to calm the anxiety. As someone who’s had panic attacks...I call tell you a weed pill is probably a lot safer than the benzos they would’ve filled her full of had she went to the hospital.

She always could’ve just drank her problems away since society’s cool with that.

All these sports governing bodies are cut from the same cloth, IOC, FIFA, NCAA, etc... They are only in the business to make $s for the organization and the athletes become just tools of production.

Cincinnati’s Nick Thomas is Ohio’s most recent gold medalist, swimming in the victorious 4x100 relay in the 2012 London Games.

and now technically Eric Kynard also who was upgraded to gold because the dirty cheatin russian got caught.

U.S. Tennis Star Coco Gauff Tests Positive For Coronavirus And Will Miss Olympics

U.S. tennis star Coco Gauff will no longer lead the U.S. tennis team at the Tokyo Olympics. She has announced that she tested positive for the coronavirus, dashing her hopes of competing in the Games.

"It has always been a dream of mine to represent the USA at the Olympics, and I hope there will be many more chances for me to make this come true in the future," the 17-year-old said in a statement on her Twitter account.