Fox News: Minorities and the poor do not deserve $15/hr.

Interesting how you claim to care about the wealth gap yet defend the elites in the Central Bank stealing money from the poor to give to the rich
I have no idea what you are talking about. I just said your are full of because you make up stuff as you go along.

And you still dont get how this will crash the economy.
Rising wages does not crash economies. Bad economies crash wages. There has never been a recession caused by wages being too high. Use whatever brain you have just a little. My God.

My wife just retired after 33 years, her mom was a teacher, my dad was a teacher, my brother and his wife are teachers. My wife was regularly the first one to arrive and one of the last to leave. But even with that, they don't work as many hours as a salaried person, making the same money.
Are teachers not salaried? How the hell are they paid?

You know who wants a $15 minimum wage? Big business. They can either afford it or will use it as an excuse to speed up the elimination of human work. And they’ll smile as they watch smaller competition struggle to get by.

Economically irresponsible and illiterate policies like this kill small businesses, which make up ~50% of employers
Policies like what?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I just said your are full of because you make up stuff as you go along.
Just facts

397A7DF3-B72B-4D44-8500-1BF2565C9815.png

Hell, in the early 90s I made 1.85 an hour working for our local park.

and in some ways that was my favorite job ever....working on baseball diamonds, instructing/helping the kids baseball leagues during the day.

Ah...the good ole days! Even got to take batting practice....sshhh shhh....on the clock!
That’s nice. Given minimum wage in the 90’s was somewhere around $4 plus, you were basically volunteering. Are you still that under paid or have you caught up?

Rising wages does not crash economies. Bad economies crash wages. There has never been a recession caused by wages being too high. Use whatever brain you have just a little. My God.
Let me try to explain since you have no knowledge of business in any way. I already explained the inflation aspect but here is another: Small businesses cannot afford to pay such wages. This will result in many of them closing and causing massive job losses. Job losses and inflation equals a crashed economy. I don't know if you are trolling or if you really are that ignorant.

Let me try to explain since you have no knowledge of business in any way. I already explained the inflation aspect but here is another: Small businesses cannot afford to pay such wages. This will result in many of them closing and causing massive job losses. Job losses and inflation equals a crashed economy. I don't know if you are trolling or if you really are that ignorant.
You are really showing increased stupidity. If small a business closes because they can not find workers to work for what they can pay, that means the workers are already working somewhere else.

You are really showing increased stupidity. If small a business closes because they can not find workers to work for what they can pay, that means the workers are already working somewhere else.
Or sitting at home (in a section 8 government subsidized home) collecting food stamps and utilizing their Obama care they get for free along with other welfare and unemployment. Total wage needed to fund such a lifestyle with zero government help would be in excess of $40,000 or $20 / hour. Section 8 is often $800 per month, health care $1,200 per month , food stamps $500 for family of 3, and now unemployment of $1,200 per month federal and $800 per month state. That's $3,300 per month or $39,600 annually. This does not include some programs for transportation subsidies, childcare, Obama phones or Head Start funds, or the fact most of these funds are not taxed. My accountant has told me by their calculations $55,000 is the real break even point.

So if the poor are making >$20/hr sitting at home, why go work for $15?

Moving the income level of the poor up to $30,000 / year will not make them middle class.

No, it means they cannot pay that wage. And as we have seen in our current society, millions of job openings are going unfilled so no, they are not working somewhere else. Many places have already shed jobs that will never return because of this.

People are not pushing for $15-20. Workers can’t just demand money and have it be granted. Employers are raising to that level to attract workers. You still don’t get how this all works.
I guess you've missed all the protests and threatened boycotts from people demanding $15-20.

Raising minimum wage is a bandaid on a gunshot wound. We need to stop this ridiculous inflation.

Food and housing prices have been steadily rising for decades due to reckless actions by the Federal Reserve which disproportionately impact the working class. Raising wages to $15 will help for a couple weeks then next month when their rents go up another 10% they will struggle again.

Are central bankers are inherently bad people?
Exactly. The people whose skills are minimal will always get minimal pay and be poor.

Out of curiosity, and I'm asking honestly, who deserves $15 an hour, in your opinion?
Apprenticeship in construction jobs, grocery store workers. Fast food workers in between the hours of 3 pm and 10 pm should be $8.00 per hour. It’s meant for high schoolers. Chipotle announced yesterday it’s prices are rising, I expect every business to follow suit.

Or sitting at home (in a section 8 government subsidized home) collecting food stamps and utilizing their Obama care they get for free along with other welfare and unemployment. Total wage needed to fund such a lifestyle with zero government help would be in excess of $40,000 or $20 / hour. Section 8 is often $800 per month, health care $1,200 per month , food stamps $500 for family of 3, and now unemployment of $1,200 per month federal and $800 per month state. That's $3,300 per month or $39,600 annually. This does not include some programs for transportation subsidies, childcare, Obama phones or Head Start funds, or the fact most of these funds are not taxed. My accountant has told me by their calculations $55,000 is the real break even point.

So if the poor are making >$20/hr sitting at home, why go work for $15?

Moving the income level of the poor up to $30,000 / year will not make them middle class.
How many Americans do you think are getting 40K a year in welfare? Your straw man is complete BS. Pre pandemic, all these programs existed and we had a robust economy for at least 8 years. Enhanced unemployment and stimulus is temporary. Have those things slowed some people back to work? Yes. Especially woman with kids where the wage to childcare cost equation is a huge factor. As enhanced unemployment dissipates, those folks will re enter. One year ago, growth was underwater and unemployment was 10%. We are exponentially better off today. You must love to hear yourself complain.

Apprenticeship in construction jobs, grocery store workers. Fast food workers in between the hours of 3 pm and 10 pm should be $8.00 per hour. It’s meant for high schoolers. Chipotle announced yesterday it’s prices are rising, I expect every business to follow suit.
Right...and places like Chipotle can afford to do this. Joe's diner can't, this is doom for small businesses which is what the left has wanted for decades.

For all the people who think Mara Gay is racist for what she said on MSNBC the other day, would you say the same towards Arthur Laffer?
"Yeah, for those people, Sandra, who are coming into the labor force brand fresh—not old-timers who've been around for a while—the poor, the minorities the disenfranchised, those with less education, young people who haven't had the job experience," Laffer said. "These people aren't worth $15 an hour in most cases."

Racist? No...

At worst it's a poor choice of words. He first described a target group, which was "people coming into the labor force brand fresh" Then he described in part, the typical demographic that fits that characterization. (I wish he had emphasized the less educated in his characterization)

I'm not the biggest Art Leffler fan, but I can say that he doesn't have a history of bigotry (racist) like Mara Gay has on her resume. ( he has better long division skills as well :) )

Last edited:
That’s insightful. Wages are generally earned. You guys just don’t get it. You don’t like that entry level workers demand 15-20 bucks an hour. Get with the times and pay attention. The gig economy is a huge driver to what is happening. My son worked as a clerk at wine store as a senior in high school and the first couple of years in college. He started at $9 and hour and ended up at $11. They begged him to come back but last year he started delivering Grub Hub. Instead of $11 and 8-10 hour retail shifts, he makes $20 an hour and works whenever he feels like it. We ain’t living in the 70’s and 80’s anymore. My God
Sounds like your son did exactly what most normal people do. He moved onto more money. Not demanding the wine store pay him a wage that they couldn’t afford.

Reactions: y2h
No, it means they cannot pay that wage. And as we have seen in our current society, millions of job openings are going unfilled so no, they are not working somewhere else. Many places have already shed jobs that will never return because of this.
You keep making stupid comment after stupid comment. I don’t even think you know what your are arguing. Overwhelmingly, businesses close or jobs are shedded because of a lack of revenue. See last year in the restaurant industry. Typically, businesses do not close or cut staff during times of robust revenue even if they face cost increases or labor shortages. In these situations, business people can make adjustments to their model to deal with those challenges. Businesses can not deal with a lack of customers. More businesses are running successfully today than this time last year. Despite your ridiculous doom and gloom, 1 year from now even more will be running successfully. This country is rebounding quite well despite what fools like you think.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
How many Americans do you think are getting 40K a year in welfare? Your straw man is complete BS. Pre pandemic, all these programs existed and we had a robust economy for at least 8 years. Enhanced unemployment and stimulus is temporary. Have those things slowed some people back to work? Yes. Especially woman with kids where the wage to childcare cost equation is a huge factor. As enhanced unemployment dissipates, those folks will re enter. One year ago, growth was underwater and unemployment was 10%. We are exponentially better off today. You must love to hear yourself complain.
I may be wrong, but I thought welfare recipients were at about $40,000 per year. Medical, section 8, food and actual cash.

Sounds like your son did exactly what most normal people do. He moved onto more money. Not demanding the wine store pay him a wage that they couldn’t afford.
Yes. Isn’t that the entire point? By changing jobs, he was in essence saying that his requirements changed. That is what everybody does when they get a new job that pays them more.

And that state of the economy was temporary due to the idiotic decision by many governors to shut down.

Enhanced unemployment and stimulus should have been temporary (actually not enacted at all) but it keeps getting extended. Your friends on the left want to extend it indefinitely.

I may be wrong, but I thought welfare recipients were at about $40,000 per year. Medical, section 8, food and actual cash.
Hell no. Most recipients of assistance programs utilize a subset of programs for specified periods of time. Very few would even qualify for every program he listed. He built a straw man that does not really exist in any numbers.

And that state of the economy was temporary due to the idiotic decision by many governors to shut down.

Enhanced unemployment and stimulus should have been temporary (actually not enacted at all) but it keeps getting extended. Your friends on the left want to extend it indefinitely.

You can b*tch about the reason all you want. We are better off today and will be even better in another year and the enhanced stuff will be long gone. Start planning for what you want to complain about next year.