Fox News: Minorities and the poor do not deserve $15/hr.

Speaking factually is not "venom" but you illustrate a larger point, and that is, we aren't allowed to say anything negative about teachers. That is a strange position to hold.
You’re more than welcome to say what you want about teachers. What seems strange to me is the disdain that people have for teachers because of their pay, hours, benefits, etc. and yet they continue to send their kids to them. Kind of like people painting cops as these blood thirsty criminals yet call for them when they need help. Why not home school? Also why not just become a teacher yourself? Shortage of teachers is growing yet it’s such a great gig ?

You can b*tch about the reason all you want. We are better off today and will be even better in another year and the enhanced stuff will be long gone. Start planning for what you want to complain about next year.
Thanks to the fundamentals of the Trump administration. Once Biden enacts his agenda (higher taxes, more regulation, higher energy costs) and runaway inflation hits from all the printing and borrowing of money we will be in much worse shape.

You’re more than welcome to say what you want about teachers. What seems strange to me is the disdain that people have for teachers because of their pay, hours, benefits, etc. and yet they continue to send their kids to them. Kind of like people painting cops as these blood thirsty criminals yet call for them when they need help. Why not home school? Also why not just become a teacher yourself? Shortage of teachers is growing yet it’s such a great gig ?
Ahh, I see, the ole "if you don't want to do it, it must be terrible, (depsite claining it is great) so you aren't allowed to question it argument".

Ahh, I see, the ole "if you don't want to do it, it must be terrible, (depsite claining it is great) so you aren't allowed to question it argument".
And I would call your response dancing around the questions rather than answering them ?‍♂️

I just ask two simple questions for those that have issues with what teachers make, hours, benefits: #1 why continue to use them when there are plenty of alternatives such as online schooling? #2 if it’s such a great career why has there been a shortage of people pursuing it in recent years?

That’s insightful. Wages are generally earned. You guys just don’t get it. You don’t like that entry level workers demand 15-20 bucks an hour. Get with the times and pay attention. The gig economy is a huge driver to what is happening. My son worked as a clerk at wine store as a senior in high school and the first couple of years in college. He started at $9 and hour and ended up at $11. They begged him to come back but last year he started delivering Grub Hub. Instead of $11 and 8-10 hour retail shifts, he makes $20 an hour and works whenever he feels like it. We ain’t living in the 70’s and 80’s anymore. My God.
You must be proud.... Spending money on college so he can deliver food. lol

Thanks to the fundamentals of the Trump administration. Once Biden enacts his agenda (higher taxes, more regulation, higher energy costs) and runaway inflation hits from all the printing and borrowing of money we will be in much worse shape.
The printing and borrowing money was exploding under Trump. My bet is that by the end of the Biden admin the annual deficit will be lower than Trumps average.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
You keep making stupid comment after stupid comment. I don’t even think you know what your are arguing. Overwhelmingly, businesses close or jobs are shedded because of a lack of revenue. See last year in the restaurant industry. Typically, businesses do not close or cut staff during times of robust revenue even if they face cost increases or labor shortages. In these situations, business people can make adjustments to their model to deal with those challenges. Businesses can not deal with a lack of customers. More businesses are running successfully today than this time last year. Despite your ridiculous doom and gloom, 1 year from now even more will be running successfully. This country is rebounding quite well despite what fools like you think.
You obviously don’t own a business and are not involved in hiring

If a teacher makes less than $15 an hour, that is massively underpaid.
Teachers work about 1400 hours a year. At $15/hr that equates to $21,000/year. What teacher is making less than 21k?
This ain't the 70's and 80's. Good God!

I don't want to put any district on blast but I could name some districts in Ohio (largely in impoverished areas) that currently start new teachers at under $30,000. $15/hr adjusted to full time work measures out to about $31,200.
Teachers rarely work more than 1400 hrs a year.

Your wisdom sucks. You deserve whatever anybody is willing to pay you. That is what capitalism is all about. I guess you don’t understand how demand impacts economics. In the example I gave you (Grub Hub) wages are dynamic based on demand. You need a serious refresher.
You also failed to mention that Grub Hub drivers pay for their own expenses like vehicle, gas, repairs, insurance etc out of that $20/hr.

And I would call your response dancing around the questions rather than answering them ?‍♂️

I just ask two simple questions for those that have issues with what teachers make, hours, benefits: #1 why continue to use them when there are plenty of alternatives such as online schooling? #2 if it’s such a great career why has there been a shortage of people pursuing it in recent years?
Why contoinue to use them? It is a public service, many do not have the resorces to pay for private schooling or home schooling. But that isn't some sort of proof that teachers are not over paid. Shortage of teachers? When my wife's position opened up, they interviewed 7 people for it. Hardly sounds like a shortage.

Shortage of teachers? When my wife's position opened up, they interviewed 7 people for it. Hardly sounds like a shortage.
Lolololololol referencing one example (your wife’s ?) “isn’t some sort of proof” that there isn’t a teacher shortage across the country. Rather than double down on what you said just Google “Is there a teacher shortage?” and take some time to educate yourself on the trend that has taken place over the past decade. Then come back and answer question #2 from my earlier post.

I'm sure "Grub Hub driver" will impress on a resume.
Did not appear on his resume. His experience as a student assistant and intern got him the GA job. At this point, he has more than a full time job (60 hours a week) and may grub hub it for a few extra bucks when he has time unless he finds something better. I’m sure he will appreciate your interest.

You keep making stupid comment after stupid comment. I don’t even think you know what your are arguing. Overwhelmingly, businesses close or jobs are shedded because of a lack of revenue. See last year in the restaurant industry. Typically, businesses do not close or cut staff during times of robust revenue even if they face cost increases or labor shortages. In these situations, business people can make adjustments to their model to deal with those challenges. Businesses can not deal with a lack of customers. More businesses are running successfully today than this time last year. Despite your ridiculous doom and gloom, 1 year from now even more will be running successfully. This country is rebounding quite well despite what fools like you think.
You are completely wrong......I doubt you have any actual real world business experience. the real world paints a far different picture than your delusions.

Basic economics that are lost on this guy.

Lolololololol referencing one example (your wife’s ?) “isn’t some sort of proof” that there isn’t a teacher shortage across the country. Rather than double down on what you said just Google “Is there a teacher shortage?” and take some time to educate yourself on the trend that has taken place over the past decade. Then come back and answer question #2 from my earlier post.
I'm sure there are shortages in some places, (just like any other profession) so you then seemingly suggesting that there are shortages everywhere is nonsensical. I can assure you that in my wife's district, one of the largest in the state of Ohio, there is great competition for any openings, just like most other districts in the state. So it would seem those districts pay quite well, and by any measure they are paid way more than normal salaried people, this is not really debatable. But what is worse is that the bad, get paid the same as a the good. Is it the same way where you work? People who do the same job you do, but are terrible at it, get paid the same as you? And are pretty much guaranteed to not get fired?

You are completely wrong......I doubt you have any actual real world business experience. the real world paints a far different picture than your delusions.
LOL. How am I wrong? Businesses suffer because of a lack of revenue in overwhelmingly larger numbers than those that have an abundance of revenue opportunity but deal with cost increases or labor challenges. The latter challenges maximum potential. The former challenges existence. To argue anything else is just epically asinine.

Sure does. Teachers are massively underpaid.
Some are. Some are not. As in almost every profession, sometimes you meet dip$4itz who lack the intellect and common sense to even be a burger flipper, let alone what they are. I’ve met many a teacher who fall into that category. You can get all the degrees you want, but there are a lot of people educated beyond their intelligence in this nation…primarily due to lowering of standards and the decades old push toward sending everyone to college.

LOL. How am I wrong? Businesses suffer because of a lack of revenue in overwhelmingly larger numbers than those that have an abundance of revenue opportunity but deal with cost increases or labor challenges. The latter challenges maximum potential. The former challenges existence. To argue anything else is just epically asinine.
And when no one is willing to apply for work, then what? In my line of work I interact with many different types of businesses...I see hospitals that have closed their cafeterias due to lack of staffing, not lack of revenue. And that is just one of many examples i could give.
How do you explain that?