Ellet Football 2012

Nope, Akron U is a DI that has to give all or nothing for football. Schools like Appalachian State can give partials. Akron belongs to the FBC and has to give full scholarships.

Wow, this Ellet thread has BLOWN UP in the last few days and week!!!!! I love it!!! For the record, I would have put the ball in Male's hands every stinking play last season as the QB and let him throw it, run it, kick it, flip it, eat it, whatyever he wanted to do with it, because he was by far the best player they had on the field, and most of the time, the best player on the field on either team! You cannot coach a team with an exceptional player like Male and try to win games "for the team" by looking out for what 1 player's future position in college may be. I know times are different, but an end from Garfield changed to QB for his senior season back in the early 80's for the betterment of the team that year. He then went on to Akron U and weas the careert receptions leader in AU history until the last several years. His name is Willie Davis, and he still coaches girls basketball around here. He was not selfish and understodd what was best for the team and did it. Colleges will find these players, their jobs depend on it!

So I don't buy the idea that how Male was used as a RB hurt him in his recruiting. His physical size is all that hurt him, because he is one heck of a football player and he typcially dominated games.

Wow, this Ellet thread has BLOWN UP in the last few days and week!!!!! I love it!!! For the record, I would have put the ball in Male's hands every stinking play last season as the QB and let him throw it, run it, kick it, flip it, eat it, whatyever he wanted to do with it, because he was by far the best player they had on the field, and most of the time, the best player on the field on either team! You cannot coach a team with an exceptional player like Male and try to win games "for the team" by looking out for what 1 player's future position in college may be. I know times are different, but an end from Garfield changed to QB for his senior season back in the early 80's for the betterment of the team that year. He then went on to Akron U and weas the careert receptions leader in AU history until the last several years. His name is Willie Davis, and he still coaches girls basketball around here. He was not selfish and understodd what was best for the team and did it. Colleges will find these players, their jobs depend on it!

So I don't buy the idea that how Male was used as a RB hurt him in his recruiting. His physical size is all that hurt him, because he is one heck of a football player and he typcially dominated games.
I seen that Male make some nice nice catches. His receiver ability wasn't used in games. Just saying he will be a very good receiver in college.

This years starters based on last year.

Defense:

DE - Slack
NG - Campano (if Yosst lets him go both ways)
DE - Ricks (or possibly lb)
LB - Geer
LB - Hoskinson
LB - Hamdad (If Yost lets him go both ways)
S - possibly King

Hurting for db's

Offense:

WR - King
T - Sferra
G - Hamdad
C - Campano (could be moved to guard to take adv. of trapping and pulling)
G - Subick (possibly)
T - Barker (possibly)
QB - Fisher
FB - Geer
TB - Ricks

Need some receivers

K - Campano
PK - Neal

Captains (based on class, wt room, July fitness attendance).

Slack
Hoskinson
Campano
Sferra
Geer (possibly)

Dscoop i agree with you with the line ups. But captians not at all. Slack Sferra and Campano yes! But Hoskinson....No he just started lifting this year! I hear he came for 3 weeks and stoped.

Captains Geer, Ricks, Slack, Sferra, Campano

Also who ever said D1 prospects explode on the sceen immdeiatley, that is not always the case. Especially if you dont get the chance to show your ability!

This years starters based on last year.

Defense:

DE - Slack
NG - Campano (if Yosst lets him go both ways)
DE - Ricks (or possibly lb)
LB - Geer
LB - Hoskinson
LB - Hamdad (If Yost lets him go both ways)
S - possibly King

Hurting for db's

Offense:

WR - King
T - Sferra
G - Hamdad
C - Campano (could be moved to guard to take adv. of trapping and pulling)
G - Subick (possibly)
T - Barker (possibly)
QB - Fisher
FB - Geer
TB - Ricks

Need some receivers

K - Campano
PK - Neal

Captains (based on class, wt room, July fitness attendance).

Slack
Hoskinson
Campano
Sferra
Geer (possibly)

Was Campano the center last year?
Because in the shotgun formation the center rolled the ball back to the quarterback more than half of the time.

Dscoop i agree with you with the line ups. But captians not at all. Slack Sferra and Campano yes! But Hoskinson....No he just started lifting this year! I hear he came for 3 weeks and stoped.

Captains Geer, Ricks, Slack, Sferra, Campano

Also who ever said D1 prospects explode on the sceen immdeiatley, that is not always the case. Especially if you dont get the chance to show your ability!

if ur good ur gonna get noticed no matter where you play at

Was Campano the center last year?
Because in the shotgun formation the center rolled the ball back to the quarterback more than half of the time.

He was the center. Played tackle and guard as a soph. Moved to center last year because they had no one else. I expect him to be moved back to guard because of his quickness and abilty to trap and pull.

After reading some of these threads I have come to realize how ridiculous and irrelevant nearly every Ellet High School forum is... No player from Ellet is going DI ..... End of story.

After reading some of these threads I have come to realize how ridiculous and irrelevant nearly every Ellet High School forum is... No player from Ellet is going DI ..... End of story.

i beg to differ on that one cause nik ricks is getting looked at by div-1 colleges so is dom slack and zack artis has several schools looking at him like michigan, ohio state, temple, akron, kent state, purdue, and evansville and he was labled the 2nd best pitching prospect in the class of 2014 for the state of ohio according to PBR

i beg to differ on that one cause nik ricks is getting looked at by div-1 colleges so is dom slack and zack artis has several schools looking at him like michigan, ohio state, temple, akron, kent state, purdue, and evansville and he was labled the 2nd best pitching prospect in the class of 2014 for the state of ohio according to PBR

?

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/rankings/OH/Class-of-2014-9867354021

this is as of 6/18/12. Don't know when the last time they updated was.

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/OH/Zack-Artis-3701249568

now this website is the pbr stats of zack if anyone is asking he has nothing on here and he had to pay for the camp as well so its not like he has been hand picked its just kids who have the money to attened the camp

on the PBR website when it says open ID...... thats when you dont have to have a invatation to go you can just walk up and pay. yeah he had to pay for it... so did everyone else but you have to receive a invatation in order to sign up

OK, here's how PBR works.

First, all you have to do is email them and ask for an invite.

Second, you fill in your own height and weight, they don't do any type of measurements.

And you pay around $125