Where some teams are projected next year with 7 divisions.

The thing that gets me is Richmond Hejghts coach went to RH and brought these guys and it was a calculated move. He knew they could dominate D4 with little resistance and win multiple titles. It was the perfect setup.

The thing that gets me is Richmond Hejghts coach went to RH and brought these guys and it was a calculated move. He knew they could dominate D4 with little resistance and win multiple titles. It was the perfect setup.
And you know it was calculated because you know him or are friends with him and he let you in on his motives right?

1- Cleveland St. Ignatius
2- Garfield Heights
3- Louisville
4- Kettering Alter
5- Lutheran East
6- Richmond Heights
7- Russia

This was a prediction of potential state champs in each division by a Ohio sports reporter that covers high school sports. If this holds true people are going to lose their minds.

1- Cleveland St. Ignatius
2- Garfield Heights
3- Louisville
4- Kettering Alter
5- Lutheran East
6- Richmond Heights
7- Russia

This was a prediction of potential state champs in each division by a Ohio sports reporter that covers high school sports. If this holds true people are going to lose their minds.
State championships next year are meaningless.

I'll take a crack at this:
Division III
Louisville
Ursuline
Canfield
Glenville
CVCA
Alliance
Lutheran West
Buchtel?
Revere
Gilmour Academy

(Let's just say D3 will be pretty stacked IMO)

Division IV
VASJ
Warrensville Heights
NDCL
West Branch
Lake Catholic

Division V
Cardinal Mooney
Ottawa Glandorf?
Lutheran East
Crestwood
Perry

Division VI
Richmond Heights
South Range
Waterloo

Division VII
Warren JFK
Dalton

What division will Lexington be in next year?

Lexington brings back all but one senior. Lex was ranked as high as #2.

Question-If D I and D II only have 64 schools and Richmond Hts or whoever moves up to D I does that mean the 64th D I school gets bumped down to D II and the 64th DII team gets bumped down to D III ?

I'll take a crack at this:
Division III
Louisville
Ursuline
Canfield
Glenville
CVCA
Alliance
Lutheran West
Buchtel?
Revere
Gilmour Academy

(Let's just say D3 will be pretty stacked IMO)

Division IV
VASJ
Warrensville Heights
NDCL
West Branch
Lake Catholic

Division V
Cardinal Mooney
Ottawa Glandorf?
Lutheran East
Crestwood
Perry

Division VI
Richmond Heights
South Range
Waterloo

Division VII
Warren JFK
Dalton
Ursuline will probably be D4. We saw what happened to CVCA when they finally played someone in the tournament. Outside of Louisville and unless LW brings back someone to replace their 4 seniors I would be hard pressed to call this Division stacked.

Question-If D I and D II only have 64 schools and Richmond Hts or whoever moves up to D I does that mean the 64th D I school gets bumped down to D II and the 64th DII team gets bumped down to D III ?
I don’t think so. I believe the proposal is to put the largest 64 schools in D1. If someone elects to bump up, they would be added to the base amount already established. They would not bump anyone out.

Yes amen,get there a++ out of d7 and d6, we've had to deal with them and there aau all Star team long enough,how many normal good d4 teams go around country play there kind schedule , hardly any D1 teams play there kind of schedule
(n) (n) (n)

In regards to NeO….. Hard to tell what Buchtel and Glenville enrollments will be. Looking at enrollment numbers no city schools statewide have numbers posted.

Ursuline and Canfield (40 boy drop) will be most likely D4.

Lutheran East could also be D4.

I saw this from Martin RPI on Twitter late in the season.
1711727870789.jpeg

When did calculate this move Rolling Train? Please share because most of us don't have the inside information you obviously have. Educate us.

This says final and has the process laid out. It says basketball division approval will be at the April board meeting. I think CB numbers are added to the enrollment numbers in early summer to get final placements.
Those are preliminary enrollment counts and will be finalized this spring. Missing numbers by school for the urban districts (Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown) along with several other schools. Looks like they've already missed some of their timelines. Hopefully we'll see something final with CB numbers before the June 6 board meeting.

This says final and has the process laid out. It says basketball division approval will be at the April board meeting. I think CB numbers are added to the enrollment numbers in early summer to get final placements.
Saw one that stood out. Ottawa Glandorf boys were 178 this season.....but showing 221 next year. Strange considering the girls drop from 185 to 183. Seems highly unlikely that they are gaining 43 boys but losing 2 girls?

I'm curious to see if teams might fiddle around with their CB number to move up to D2. This is one of the unique situations where a higher division may be easier than a lower division. With 64 teams in D2 and depending on which powerhouse teams are in D3, it would make sense to move up to D2. Maybe the coach will keep a couple of weaker players from outside the district on teams near the cutoff for D2/D3 to help bump up the CB number.

Another way to think about it, D2 will have 64 teams. D3 will have approximately 130 teams. Will the top 64 teams in D3 be better than the 64 teams in D2? It's possible most years. Win two games in D2 and you are a district champ. D3 teams will have to win three games to say the same.

IMO, having 64 teams in D2 in all the sports that are newly affected was a bad decision.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see if teams might fiddle around with their CB number to move up to D2. This is one of the unique situations where a higher division may be easier than a lower division. With 64 teams in D2 and depending on which powerhouse teams are in D3, it would make sense to move up to D2. Maybe the coach will keep a couple of weaker players from outside the district on teams near the cutoff for D2/D3 to help bump up the CB number.

Another way to think about it, D2 will have 64 teams. D3 will have approximately 130 teams. Will the top 64 teams in D3 be better than the 64 teams in D2? It's possible most years. Win two games in D2 and you are a district champ. D3 teams will have to win three games to say the same.

IMO, having 64 teams in D2 in all the sports that are newly affected was a bad decision.
Funny you said this because my first thought looking at the Martin RPI rankings was that schools are going to be dying to be in D2